No announcement yet.

OMG - I'm getting old ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm fanatical about my yard. I take pride in it's appearance. I'm yet to see any of my neighbors mowing, trimming, watering, pruning or edging my property. Therefore, they have no stinking say.

I don't mind kids running through my yard, throwing the baseball or football, etc, but when they start tearing limbs off my plants, trampling my flower beds, or worse, then I ask them to leave. If they get pissy, then I feel at my ripe old age of 48, I have the right to get pissy right back. If they feel the need to send down their parents, then I can get damn pissy.

Boss G
    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac
      Racer X - did you get any shots of the kids?? And, guess I need a new truck ?!
      http://www.thehollywoodliberal.com/b...5_archive.html
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wayne... your old.

Comment

Wayne, set up a chaise lounge and a cooler of beer in their yard and hang out and catch some rays.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon
            Someone in my neighborhood just did this to me. Out mowing my lawn the other day. It was still wet, as we've been getting a lot of rain. And - on BOTH sides of my property with neighbors - ran over or walked into dog s**t. And, after all the rainfall, it was nasty, mushy, smells-like-a-mix-of-old-socks-and-dog-shit. Mother-f**kers, now my whole front lawn smells like it. I just KNOW some lazy neighbor was walking his dog in the weather, and the lazy a-hole didn't bother scooping it up just so they could get out of the rain quicker. And they clearly did it on more than one occassion AND possibly "surgically" laid it between our property lines so the neighbors would be second-guessing each other, when it's really someone down a neighboring street.

Yes, I'll be turning 38 in a couple of months.
            Shreddermon,

I'm 39...... I'm with you on the dog shit issue....

A few years ago, I'm sitting in my recliner next to the bay window at 6 am with my coffee and newspaper....... This dickhead is letting his dog shit next to my mail box and he doesnt even act like he is gonna bust out the plastic bag.....As he starts to walk away, I slid the window open and said: "Hey buddy, either you pick it up and take it with you or I'm coming down to force feed you some for breakfast!!"...
            He did pick it up...

A~
            All hail the 'King'
            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

with a plastic bag I hope

Comment

Originally posted by STLKINGV
                I slid the window open and said: "Hey buddy, either you pick it up and take it with you or I'm coming down to force feed you some for breakfast!!"

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                  with a plastic bag I hope
                  Oh, yea!!!

A~
                  All hail the 'King'
                  R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

I'm right there with ya. I'll be 37 in August. I don't think you are acting or becoming old. I live in a condo so I don't have a yard, but I probably would have done the same thing.

Comment

Out here, they shoot to kill. A 15 year old was shot dead by a guy in Claremont County, Ohio for walking on his lawn. I can't find a link to the news story, maybe someone else can?

Comment

Originally posted by STLKINGV
                        Shreddermon,

I'm 39...... I'm with you on the dog shit issue....

A few years ago, I'm sitting in my recliner next to the bay window at 6 am with my coffee and newspaper....... This dickhead is letting his dog shit next to my mail box and he doesnt even act like he is gonna bust out the plastic bag.....As he starts to walk away, I slid the window open and said: "Hey buddy, either you pick it up and take it with you or I'm coming down to force feed you some for breakfast!!"...
                        He did pick it up...

A~

LOL, my dad scooped up some crap one time and followed the guy home, a few blocks away, and put it on the guys porch.
                        If only I had back the money I gave that TV preacher....

Comment

I'm starting to remind myself of my Dad... when I was a kid I recall him getting pissed over the neighbors snowblower throwing snow against our house and into the window wells.. somehow this caused the pilot light on our furnace to go out. My father used to get all bent about property lines, water runoff and such, well, enter today.

We live in a trailer park, the neighbor has a yippy lhasa named 'honey' whose leash is a little too long. On the side of my property about 2' out from the siding is a mine field of dog sh!t fertililized lawn. When it rains it is a mess. Course..the dog doesn't go take a crap on their side of property..(which is mostly patio) they've trained it go along ours.
                          The dog is nasty too...practically chokes itself when its outside from charging at me when I mow or go out to my car. Anytime I used to go turn on the sprinkler.. I'd have to wear my army style boots as it would go after my ankles and nip at my heels. Had to have a little talk with my neighbors about the leash length and the dogs attitude. There's the portable loveseat swing of theirs that ends up bashing our house when it storms...I finally just picked it up, set it over on their patio.. its a constant battle.. now they have a bench which blocks access to my water and back stairs.

We live on the corner lot of a 3 way.. the neighborhood kids have often had snowball fights in our yard and play ball in the street by the cars... there's a huge field just down the block.. it usually doesn't bother me but the first time I seen the ball hit the car or hear a thud against the house..first I warned them to be careful.. then it became "you guys need to find some other place to play.. the lot down the road is a good place."

My girlfriend on the other hand,... shes yelling at them from the get go..zero diplomacy.
                          Last edited by charvelguy; 06-12-2006, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                            Wayne... your old.
                            /racerx on

"You're old"

/racerx off
                            ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Originally posted by shelby22
                              LOL, my dad scooped up some crap one time and followed the guy home, a few blocks away, and put it on the guys porch.
                              BWAHAHAHA!

I'm about to go deliver some shredded yard sale signs to a property down the street. Good thing the address is right on there!

Comment

Working...
                              X