OMG - I'm getting old ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG - I'm getting old ..

hehe - I turned into that "old" guy who makes you get off the lawn !... or was I right?
    Many of you are probably in my age group (coming up on 37 this year).. remember when we were kids, cut throughs on other peoples lawns were kind of OK, but you'd NEVER hang out/play on someone elses lawn unless it was the house of someone in your "group", right?
    Tonight, I get home from hanging out with friends, and there are 6 kids playing ball on the side of our condo. Didn't recognize them from any of the other units or their friends.. so I politely ask "hey guys, how's it going? Who are you visting with?"
    They point to the house about 50 yards in front of our units, and say "our friend lives over there"... I was like "WTF!! THEN WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING OVER THERE" (inside voice).. but out loud said" Oh, OK... this is private property - can you please go over to your friends place?"
    They were polite about it (which was a nice change compared to most kids these days...)
    The parents got a little pissy with me about it. How would they like it if I just walk my dog through their yard, just because I don't want to clean up the mess
    What the hell is wrong with peole.. not like there isn't a baseball field a short bike ride from here (and they were all on bikes)... remember when you'd ride abike a few miles to get to woods, the beach, or a ball field..
    Can't parents spend time actually parenting their kids instead of sloughing them off on someone else
    Dunno - just think I'm losing it...
    Sorry - rant off

No man, you had every right to tell them to leave. I don't really think of telling people to get off one's lawn as being old. If some kids were in my yard, I'd tell them to get lost and I'm not even a legal adult. So, you were right, people just need to learn about respect and manners.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Those dickhead parents would probably sue you in a second if one of their kids got hurt on your property.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Fuggem...Shit, we didn't get to play ball in a yard....we resorted to playing tackle football in a gravel filled alley with all sorts of obstacles: trash cans, broken bottles, cars, garages, dogs, sheds, old rusty basketball poles, telephones poles, oil from where someone dumped it after doing an oil change, etc. Trying to show of for some poon in the hood hoping to get lucky.

We were tough as nails and fit as a fiddle. Then we all got our drivers license and just like me, became fat bastards cuz we wouldnt walk nor ride a bike or skateboard anywhere.-Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhSon
          Those dickhead parents would probably sue you in a second if one of their kids got hurt on your property.
          See - I AM old - cause besides how rude or should I say intrusive it seemed to be - I was thinking liability and damage/repairs to the end unit & lawn

Comment

37 is not old my friend. I'm going to be 38 in 2 weeks. Now that is old...

Yes, liability is the first thing that came to my mind too. That's why I have a million dollar umbrella policy.

Comment

I think you handled that very well, Wayniac.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

beat on the brats,
                beat on the brats,
                beat on the brats with a baseball bat.
                oh yea. oh yea...
                good job.
                I just got done calling the cops on 8 BJM's at the park fucking around.
                Cops came and they all ran.

Comment

I'm sorry but I must agree with you.. You're Old.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Racer X - did you get any shots of the kids?? And, guess I need a new truck ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac
                        The parents got a little pissy with me about it. How would they like it if I just walk my dog through their yard, just because I don't want to clean up the mess
                        Someone in my neighborhood just did this to me. Out mowing my lawn the other day. It was still wet, as we've been getting a lot of rain. And - on BOTH sides of my property with neighbors - ran over or walked into dog s**t. And, after all the rainfall, it was nasty, mushy, smells-like-a-mix-of-old-socks-and-dog-shit. Mother-f**kers, now my whole front lawn smells like it. I just KNOW some lazy neighbor was walking his dog in the weather, and the lazy a-hole didn't bother scooping it up just so they could get out of the rain quicker. And they clearly did it on more than one occassion AND possibly "surgically" laid it between our property lines so the neighbors would be second-guessing each other, when it's really someone down a neighboring street.

Yes, I'll be turning 38 in a couple of months.

Comment

++1 .. kid next door was tossing a hard ball with his buddy and they were on part of my property, I figured no big deal I'd rather thay play there than in the street... Later that night I went to mow the lawn and I wasn't paying enough attention... Wham ..right over a hard baseball... The next time I saw them there I told em ...
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I went to 3/4" rocks in my yard . No more mowing,...............but I do gotta watch the kids with their rock throwing contests.
                            Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Solution... plant landmines in your yard!
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X