No announcement yet.

Red Hot Ripoff Peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but Ray Parker Junior really did copy Huey Lewis. I dont care what the courts said.

Comment

"Another thing interesting to note is that Rick Rubin produced both the RHCP album, and Tom Petty's album .... Surely he would have noticed the similarities!"

so much for the question what the new metallica record will sound like
      Last edited by Fragle; 06-03-2006, 02:08 AM.

Comment

The vocals, sound similar, the "music" is also similar but when the played both vocal clips together the rhcp sounded a lot different, the gutiars sounded better on the rhcp dani california....

Thje lyrics arent similar whatsoever, they might have a similar styling but other than that its just coinsidence, Why are these dj's twats aswell?

Don't you wan't to hit them repeatedly?

those callers, if you can't tell which is which you really should listen to things a bit more, I can quite easily tell which is which.

at least they arent rippign themselves off ie nickleback....

I think they realised they sounded similar, notice how its a few second clip and not the whole songs....

when I am presented both songs fully seperately, and together then I will make any assumptions that rhcp's have copied petty.

Ozz
        Last edited by ozzuk1; 06-03-2006, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Didn't care for RHCP before...don't care for them now. They probably didn't do this on purpose, but it is still kind of lame.

Comment

RHCP should be fed into a wood chipper

Comment

krimson,

Yes, i believe Dan Fogarty did get sued for ripping himself off. And Neil Young got sued by his record(CD) label for not sounding enough like himself.

Comment

BTW this song is getting heavy radio airplay.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Really just Listen to Frusciante's Solo stuff
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                  X