An American Haunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St.James
    I rented Hostel the other day thinking it was going to scary as hell, since Quintin Tarantino had said it was the scariest movie to come along in years... It wasn't! Not a bad movie, but not scary and very predictable.
    Same here. I watched it Saturday night and it was a letdown. Not a bad film, but totally not scary.

Also, don't bother watching Stay. It was a waste, also.
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The Exorcism of Emily Rose is pretty frigging scarey. Especially the scene in the dorm room when he wakes up and sees her on the floor.

Comment

A REAL let down was Wolf Creek. That movie just plain sucked.

I thought The Hills have Eyes was damned entertaining. So was Hostel and Friday night I saw The Cave and even though the ending was pretty bland.. the entire movie was pretty good.

Comment

American Haunting blew...don't waste your money.

I saw the trailer for The Omen remake while at the theater...all I could think was, "why?" Hollywood is so pathetic that they can't even come up with new ideas...they have to remake existing movies that are already perfect.

I still think the scariest movie of all time is The Exorcist. For weeks after seeing that movie I fully expected to see her on my bed everytime I walked into my room and turned on the light.

Emily Rose was pretty decent. I prefer movies like this to gore and blood horror movies.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I hear you loud and clear Dave..that's how I feel about these new horror flicks..just cheese..cookie cutter crap..that looks like a Marylin Manson video..or PS2 game..

I got Hostel..I haven't watched it yet..maybe tonight..

I did have a pleasant surprise..I rented House of wax ...well I wanted to watch "something"..then I saw it had that skank Paris Hilton in it....oh man this is really gonna suck..pun intended

But..

I fucking loved it..the damn movie was good..I mean I really liked it...I don't know if it was because I was convinced the movie was going to suck or what..

but I watched it twice..have you seen that yet..

I recommend "house of wax"...the plot is cool and it was pretty different..

I also have Wolf Creek ..but haven't watched that either..

I actually fell asleep during Saw..

So I won't even bother with Saw II..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

OH..I called dibs on 06-06-06 day..it's in my thread at the beginning of the year..that's MY day dammit..

My mom's birthday is the 7th...close but no cigar..

I'm celebrating that day..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

One of the best horror movies I've seen recently that is also recent is "High Tension" it's a french movie about 2 girls in the french countryside!

it's fucking sick and twisted! I LOVE IT!

you all should rent this movie NOW!

Chris

Comment

The Jeepers Creepers movies have been about the best I have seen in recent years. I wanted the Ring and the Grudge to be good but they were both let downs.

Comment

The Jeepers Creepers movies are very good..

I must remeber "high tension"..

going to take the boy to see his dude Kane of WWE in See No Evil..he's into that WWE stuff..it looks promising...but it'll prolly suck.

I also hated the ring and The grudge..Marylin Manson videos..so cookie cutter IMO.

Comment

The Jeepers Creepers movies were cool. I hated The Ring.
                      I thought The Grudge was okay... I almost watched the original Japanse version of it, Ju-On, but I didn't feel like looking at subtitles the night it came on. LOL
                      I did sit through a Japanese movie with subtitles called Audition, it was slow moving and strange, but the last 15 minutes of the movie is when the most disturbing stuff happens. Decent movie overall.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X