An American Haunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An American Haunting

Has anyone seen this yet? I want to go see it, but I've pretty much given up on horror movies. They're not scary anymore!

I rented Hostel the other day thinking it was going to scary as hell, since Quintin Tarantino had said it was the scariest movie to come along in years... It wasn't! Not a bad movie, but not scary and very predictable.

So, has anyone seen "An American Haunting" yet?
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

I'm not into horror movies St James; what movies do YOU think were scary? (Without giving away anything, I may wanna see 'em). I've heard most are just gross; I'm not into that.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That's just the thing. They are "gross" or just graphic these days and not scary.

The scariest movies are the old ones like The Exorcist and The Omen. The re-release directors cut of the exorcist is just wild!

The Hellraiser movies were good, but kind of turned into cheese after the 3rd one.

Comment

When I first saw "Rosemary's Baby", I thought that that was the scariest movie that I had ever seen. I wasn't as scared the second time I saw it, a number of years later, because I knew about the conspiracy, I guess.

Not a horror movie, but I highly recommend "Shawn of the Dead". I rented "Dawn of the Dead" (remake with Ving Rhames), and my wife left the room after the first 5 minutes. When I rented "Shawn of the Dead", however, she watched the whole movie with me, and we laughed our asses off
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

I love most horror movies, especially the older, cheesy B-rated ones. An American Haunting looks to be pretty good, interesting story of The Bell Witch. I'll have to check it out soon.
          http://www.bellwitch.org/

http://www.ghosts.org/bell/bellwitch.html
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There's a new version of "The Omen" coming out soon, I saw the trailer a few days ago.... actually looks pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider
              Not a horror movie, but I highly recommend "Shawn of the Dead". I rented "Dawn of the Dead" (remake with Ving Rhames), and my wife left the room after the first 5 minutes. When I rented "Shawn of the Dead", however, she watched the whole movie with me, and we laughed our asses off
              +1 That movie is a whole lot funnier than I thought it would be :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

I just searched for the omen and found the trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/th...ler_large.html

I thought it was going to be the 5th installment, but it's a fucking remake of the original... I'm not buying it. Doesn't look very good to me.

Julia Stiles as the mother? I don't think so.
                The kid looks sick or pessessed. Doesn't look right.
                They've added demons, that isn't right.
                And where's the British accents? Come on that was one of the best parts!

Again, they want to show you the shit that your imagination makes scary by not seeing it.

But is does come out on 06-06-06 Oooohh...Scary. :ROTF:

Comment

I've never seen the original, looks like I gotta get my hands on it. I'm gonna check out the remake when it comes out though. As for An American Haunting, gonna see it tomorrow night

Comment

You have to see the originals dude. Great flicks.

One cool thing I did notice about the omen trailer is they did leave the Rottweilers in the story... May be the best part of the remake. :ROTF:

I know I'm being harsh about a movie I haven't seen yet, but let's face it remakes often suck... Remember what they did to the Amityville Horror remake? Pathetic!

It may be good though. I'll most likely see it.
                    Last edited by St.James; 05-07-2006, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
                      Remember what they did to the Amityville Horror remake? Pathetic!
                      I haven't seen the remake yet, but I heard it was horrible. I did enjoy the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, though. The first two TCM movies were always favorites of mine; I thought the remake did it justice.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

TCM was a great movie, but the remake was a little weak I thought. Maybe it's just my expectations are too high wanting it to stay as true to the original as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by St.James

So, has anyone seen "An American Haunting" yet?
                          Just watched Ebert & Roeper. They both gave it 2 thumbs down. They said the main character gets "slapped around more than Larry from The 3 Stooges" and the "reveal" at the end is ridiculous.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

For those of you with Direct TV (or some form of "the Dish") they just came out with the Monsters HD channel. http://www.monstershd.com/
                            Nothing but excellent horror flicks back-to-back, 24-7! UNCUT horrormovies I might add. I haven't turned it off in days! I see lots of pizza and chineese food delivery in my future.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider
                              When I first saw "Rosemary's Baby", I thought that that was the scariest movie that I had ever seen. I wasn't as scared the second time I saw it, a number of years later, because I knew about the conspiracy, I guess.

Kinda like the "Evil Dead" series....most thought they were going to be serious horror flicks, when in reality...they were cheesy comedy horror movie farces (kinda like the Scary Movie series also) graphic, and gory...but funny as hell all in the same!

Comment

Working...
                              X