No announcement yet.

Obsessed with Michael Schenker again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talked to that dude for about an hour..very much like my style (some good two handed tappin')..he told me he was in a band called Dark Sanctuary , Dark Something..we talked "shoppe" for quite some time..awesome dude..didn't remember him by name..but yep, that's him!!

I like him better than Barry Sparks personally..Stu Hamm , Victor Wooten and Jeff Berlin is my three dudes tho..they gotta B3 going on now with Billy sheehan..Victor should be in there instead IMO..but everyone knows "Billy"..so Billy it is..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dude, Rev Jones is great but I prefered Barry Sparks with Schenker. Rev's got that funk feel to him while Barry's more metal/prog and he uses a 6 string so he actually adds stuff to the songs not just plays them like the old records.

Isnt it cool how Schenker gets that one wing of the V between his two legs and when the guitar is locked int hat position that's where it stays all night. He just finds his groove and rocks back and forth all night.

He should jam with Dio! yeah, I said it!
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I've got a few of Schenkers concert boots and each are very good.
        His playing is outstanding to say the least.
        When I go through a schenker spell I watch the boots, its just what the doctor ordered.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Schenkers playing kicks ass... but he's a total freak in person.
          Very arrogant, but not for the right reasons.
          -Rick

Comment

Schenker is my all time guitar idol. his playing in the 1970's is what inspired me to pick up a guitar. he was so far ahead of everyone back then.

anyway, I agree that Barry Sparks and Shane Gaalas were his best ever rythym section, Shane especially is super talented and can play guitar, and they are both killer players made better by the fact that they play together a lot (they also were both on Yngwie's Magnum Opus cd).

Schenker is sadly not very responsible in his personal life, but his musical talent is off the charts, and he has been very productive, turning out music regularly over all these years.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Barry must have gotten better since I seen him years ago with Greg Howe..he must had a BAD night..he got so mad at his flubs that he kicked the garbage can behind the set..he had a royal fit!!

It was kinda funny!!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Barry is an unreal bass player.

Comment

Anyone that can keep up with Yngwie is alright in my book!

Comment

Originally posted by skorb
                    Schenker is sadly not very responsible in his personal life
                    Sad but true.
                    I've seen just how bad it was, and probably still is, for him.
                    My wife worked for Bella Piper, Michael's manager/play thing, for almost a year and the stories I could tell you.
                    The guy can play, but he has the social skills of a gnat and picks real winners for female companionship.
                    He's also paranoid as hell about anyone that he meets.
                    Bella screwed him and his affairs/finances up pretty good, not to mention the child they wound up having together that he did not want.
                    Bella and Michael would also fight like old married people all the time.
                    They worked out of his house here in Phoenix, so he was around almost all the time. My wife couldn't take it any longer and quit. The perks were good, but not that good.
                    I did have the opportunity to play both his V and his Ovation, but was too intimidated to do anything more than just hold them. Let's face it... I suck and compared to him, it was a good thing I chose not to even try.
                    I felt like a complete ass afterwards. That was the first, last and only time I ever saw him in person.
                    Last edited by rjohnstone; 04-21-2006, 04:09 PM.
                    -Rick

Comment

Great story.
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
                        Sad but true.
                        I've seen just how bad it was, and probably still is, for him.
                        My wife worked for Bella Piper, Michael's manager/play thing, for almost a year and the stories I could tell you.
                        The guy can play, but he has the social skills of a gnat and picks real winners for female companionship.
                        He's also paranoid as hell about anyone that he meets.
                        Bella screwed him and his affairs/finances up pretty good, not to mention the child they wound up having together that he did not want.
                        Bella and Michael would also fight like old married people all the time.
                        They worked out of his house here in Phoenix, so he was around almost all the time. My wife couldn't take it any longer and quit. The perks were good, but not that good.
                        I did have the opportunity to play both his V and his Ovation, but was too intimidated to do anything more than just hold them. Let's face it... I suck and compared to him, it was a good thing I chose not to even try.
                        I felt like a complete ass afterwards. That was the first, last and only time I ever saw him in person.
                        wow, that's wild bro.

yeah I know about how Schenker is and can be, but at the same time I'm glad I never got that close to the guy to really see that shit. I'd rather just enjoy his playing. yeah he has a knack for picking bitches and then letting them fuck him over. he was too trusting I think.

no one plays lead guitar like him though.
                        even his newer stuff with the reformed UFO was killer.
                        check out Serenade or Miss the Lights off Covenant

1978 - happier days

Comment

here's another cool pic, never saw this one before

Comment

here's from when he did some shows with Ratt

that's a rare pic right there, Michael and Warren on the same stage. wow.

Comment

hmm.. Bella is on Myspace? There's actully some really heavy hitters with their promo on there... Paul McCartney...probably someone who set it up for him.

Thats a great pic btw..

Comment

Haven't heard a huge amount of Schenker - but did get the first MSG album when it came out - it rocks! Some of those are still all time favourites. More recently bought the "Forever & More" compilation - also rocks! Day before yesterday bought tickets to a MSG gig in London in May - I've no doubt that'll rock too!
                                Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

Working...
                                X