Obsessed with Michael Schenker again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obsessed with Michael Schenker again.

So walking around in Tower Records about a week ago I saw a Schenker DVD I've not seen yet "Live In Tokyo 1997" so I had no choice to get it. Though I knew I was opening a can of worms I could not help myself. See, I always forget how much I love his playing and when I hear something he's played on over the radio or it comes up on the CD changer I go crazy and can only listen to Schenker for at least a week.

So onto the DVD. I must say it's pretty good, it's a hella long show (30 songs) and the line up is pretty good with Barry Sparks and Shane Gaalaas. What makes this one much better than the "Worldwide Live 2004" DVD other than the much longer set is this version of the band is way more heavy ... it sounds like Schenker being backed up by a metal band! Makes me wish Michael would jam with more metal/prog type players.

I could go on for days about this guy, but know I'm about 8 days in and still listening to nothing but Schenker.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

I go on Schenker binges myself. I especially like Macauley Schenker stuff.

Comment

I've put up his Dean Sig model as my desktop background ... I need help!
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Schenker rules and I am a huge fan of him since 13 but so sad he hasn't released anything that cool for more than 2 decades besides couple of Live CDs including "25th Anniversary 2CD set".
        His UFO stuff from 70's and early MSG stuff from early 80's are his best.

UFO's "Walk on Water" from mid 90's was pretty cool album though.

Comment

Schenker RULES seen him a few times ..have ALL his stuff..everything!

But he got served by Uli Roth BIG TIME on the "legends of Rock" disc that came out two years ago!!!

BTW Uli will be here on May 13th and I'm counting the days!!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

this is weird ...was watching the same dvd this morning at work(on my 42 inch bench plasma )...the bootleg section is pfc...

as far as world wide live 2004 ...that bass player kick ass
            Last edited by len; 04-20-2006, 12:30 PM.
            “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Isn't that Barry Sparks..I'd whoop that boy's ass..yes, he's damn good..seen him with Schenker and Greg Howe years ago..

I just got the audio of that show...the DVD comes in PAL format..I don't have that!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

on 2004 live the bass player is james jones .....
                i'd like to see a ~CELEBRITY DEATH MATCH~ james jones vs.flea

Comment

hmmmI never heard of James Jones..Flea is cool..solid in the pocket player with much groove..I'm from the Stu Hamm , Jeff Berlin, Michael Manring school..

I need to post my old live solo..I'll give it to John someday..it's a horrible hand held home vid but the sound is cool..and I'm pretty drunk and feel no pain!

pretty funny really..

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                    Schenker RULES seen him a few times ..have ALL his stuff..everything!

But he got served by Uli Roth BIG TIME on the "legends of Rock" disc that came out two years ago!!!

BTW Uli will be here on May 13th and I'm counting the days!!!
                    Uli...Uli...Uli...Uli...

Comment

I've been on a Schenker binge for about a month myself (see my avatar). I'm kinda embarrassed to say I just got into his playing.

Strangers in the Night has been in my CD player for the last month. It is all I've been listening to. I'm hoping that great vibrato and melody Michael plays with will seep into my playing...

I have a live DVD from 1981 that features the MSG band in Hamburg. Michael's playing is amazing... flawless performance.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                        Uli...Uli...Uli...Uli...
                        Yeah, the wife can't waite either John and C-John is going with me too..

Strangers in the Night is classic..I really like Schenker's performance on that Unforgiven world tour..very firey!!

Comment

Bill, ain't that the truth! Michael's playing is smokin' on that entire disc. The man is an incredible talent.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Yeah Jimmy I just played both Strangers in the Night..which I always loved and that Live Unforgiven double disc ...the dude got even better with time..just like Uli!!

They both SMOKE!!!

Comment

James REV Jones

appears michael Schenker and him had a falling out
                              btw ...i have emailed michael schenker via his web site and he does respond

Comment

Working...
                              X