Thinkin of leavin the states....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinkin of leavin the states....

living in germany is alright I think. really.
    only thing that sucks is, that life can get pretty complicated over here. that's what we are good at it seems, making things hard to understand!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    that's what I swear about going to university, and my dad does the same in his job. it's all about papers, and formulas etc once in a while... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

but I like living where I live.
    I live in the "eifel" which is actually a real nice piece of nature. they've done a national park out of the area I live in, and you really see nature doing well here and there. on the other hand it's just half an hour from cologne for example which surely has it's good aspects.

I do my studies in münster and I like it here too.
    people are not as open as they use to be where I come from, but really nice as well. they just won't get in contact with you first, hard to describe...
    but it's a very young town coz of the university.
    let's say every fourth adult around here is in his early 20s. I like that... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

if germany gets into your closer consideration, and there's any way I can help you out, feel free to get in contact with me!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Snoogans ..Oh I would love to go to Italy...but I couldn't wing that alone..My wife wants to go too..which means Vinny has to go too...you really wanna hang around with the whole Bill Z Bub clan..I don't!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well I'm French, from Paris, and I think Edinburgh is the most beautiful city in the world. It's very nice living there. Scottish people are really cool, the city has a nice atmosphere to it...
        I also felt quite well in Holland. I was never too much at home in France once I moved out of it though. And if you don't speak French or aren't patient, I wouldn't advise it for an American.

Comment

Go for it dude.
          I too would go to Italy...My mother came over here to the U.S.A. when she was 18. She did the whole 8 day boat ride into NYC (Ellis Island). She was one of four that came over in a family of 12. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] So let's just say I have an assload of relatives over there. Some in the South and some in the North.
          Ironically, I have never been over there and my mother has only been back twice since...but, I plan on taking a trip over there soon.

Comment

Considering 90% of the good metal bands in the world today seem to come from Sweden or Finland, maybe Scandinavia's the place to go. Of course, the cold weather and dark winters would be difficult to bear, but that's why beer was invented... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If your family is game go for it but if you'll be making significant money in your profession get together with a *good* tax accountant who's familiar with tax laws in the US and the country to which you'll be moving because high earners can *realy* get screwed as expats.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I love living away from the US, it's a good experience.
                I'd love to go back to Japan for a good long time, or even to China. And, the idea of living in Europe is also starting to appeal to me.
                When I'm done with school I'm gonna get my ass out there and go wherever I can go that's not here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Belgium is one of the most pleasurable countries to live in.
                  And of course our three biggest assets:

BEER, FRIES, CHOCOLATE! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Girls who talk with Dutch with a Belgium accent are incredibly sexy.. I was at a tuning event past week and there were some really really hot girls from Belgium..

hmm.. maybe I'll move to Belgium too haha.. aw well, I only live 8 km from the border anyway.. I'm getting off-topic sorry haha
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    England's great!
                    ....If you like rain, constant whining, and an overall sense of underachievement.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    oh, come on, Snoogs! You guys won the Ashes this year! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you like constant whining, there are always plenty of Brits on holidays here in Oz, complaining about the heat, the flies, the public transport, etc. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                    X