Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinkin of leavin the states....

So what is up outside the US of A?

I am one of those guys whose family goes back 150 years in Texas, so let's say I have some opinions. Seen some of what the USA has to offer and am willing to consider 'alternatives'

This 'ol honkey likes what he sees of England (though it looks a bit like New England :P ) and feels a bit for the alchoholics in Ireland and Germany. Belgium seems to show some of that pride - but looks like the size of rhode island and I don't know WTF luxemborg is [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway- would it be worth moving a family across the ocean to see somfin else, or should I stick it out. We got a way to grow here, but I am willing to look overseas.

How bout a shout out from some ex-patriots and international ass kickerS?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Thinkin of leavin the states....

Go for it!! I've lived out of the country several times, and I am going back to Europe on tour in January/Feburary...

Comment

Go for it! If you have the means, do it. You can always come back...the good old U.S.A. will still be here for ya, and you (and your family) will be MUCH the wiser for it!

Oh, hell yes GIT!

Comment

Go for it! I'm working on going back to Japan soon. Hopefully within 6 months. I have a shot at Vietnam too.
        1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Hey, if you have the chance, go for it. It's a great experience for your family and for yourself. Worse case scenario, it dosen't work out, move back. That's definatly something I wanna try

Comment

If the family are behind you, go for it - even if it sucks, it's better to have tried it out and known the result, than to die wondering....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

You should try first and if works out for you, bring your family.
              I personally know many American people down here in Cabo who moved from U.S. and they are happy with their decisions.
              [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If you ever move to England, live just outside of London so you can have a quiet neighbour hood and get the chance to see alot of cool bands that play London [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

yeah try not to live inner city here some of them are quite rough - like nottingham , aston in birmingham - brum generally is very cool has a lot to offer and is very multicultural. the south has lots of nice countryside if that floats ur boat up north is just cold. wales and scotland have fantastic mountains and views if u like that

be warned tho - we don't all dress up in formal attire and speak in a posh accent like all your movies seem to think we do.... and no just because u've seen shakespeare's house and buckingham palace doesn't mean u've done england.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Belgium is one of the most pleasurable countries to live in.

The weather is shit for the most part, but going to jail for a maximum of 5 years for whatever you do is nice. A complete social catchnet for the weaker siblings is also very nice.

And of course our three biggest assets:

BEER, FRIES, CHOCOLATE! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

oh come on dude give us a break. the beer in belgium is definitely the worst i've ever had, seriously. we played one show in belgium as a part of an euro tour (st. niklaas iirc), and even the french had better beer.

but there's one thing i liked about belgium....the chicks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] only denmark had better looking girls as far as i'm concerned [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

What about prague?
                        I've heard the chicks are hot. Lots of nice architecture and living there is easy?

Comment

Fragle, get a life, seriously. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Saying that about Belgian beer is bullshit. The café was probably serving bad beer on tap, like Martens or Primus.
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

i don't remember the brand...i think it were small 0.33l cans. tasted very "watery" for the lack of a better expression. thin. i'm glad the merchandise guy had some selfmade liquor left, so at least we got drunk [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

the next two days were pure heaven, though. shows in hengelo and rotterdam, both holland of course [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            funny sidenote: our singer bought weed for 100 euro the first day we played in the netherlands [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] for the next week or so, the nightliner smelled "interesting" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I want to go to Italy..

Where my folks came from just a few generations ago..

Everytime I see Italy on TV..it just looks so fuggin' beautiful to me.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X