Let's have a serious discussion about TVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let\'s have a serious discussion about TVs

42" Pioneer Elite Plasma.... Bad to the freakin BONE!

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

My kid works for CC and he gave me a long story about how all the new changes in TV transmission may make some of our TVs ODs. Stay tuned and make sure your new [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] tube will not go down the same said tube. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        WOW. Apple should get into the TV business.

[/ QUOTE ]
        The reason they looks so good is because they use Samsung LCD panels. Apple just designs the stuff... they don't actualy make them.
        And yea.. they are some sweet ass monitors. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure they are Samsung's? I have a Dell 2005FPW and it has the same display panel as the Apple Cinema Display 20", which is made by LG.Philips.

The design is not worth the price, imho.

[/ QUOTE ]
        I know when Apple introduced the Cinema displays a few years back, Samsung was manufacturing the panels.
        We took one apart at work just to see who really made it.
        Apple's tube monitors used to be made by Sony before they dropped them all together.
        It's possible Apple switched to another vendor for the panels. Anything to save a buck. And yea.. they are overpriced.
        -Rick

Comment

I can get a discount on Panasonic stuff through my employer. A friend of mine at work might get a sweet Panasonic 50 inch plasma for around $2799, which is about $1000 off most store prices.

Comment

Dayum, big screen envy! I make do with a recent Toshiba 36"
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hell ,I didn't even own a tv til I was about 23,and still watch it less than 6 hours a week...
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

No TV? Wow, I gotz about 10 in the house. The best part is I hate TV.............

Comment

Working...
                X