anyone like hair metal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone like hair metal?

well perhaps it might be better to keep such racial opinions quiet or at least word them slightly differently than 'the ebonic plague'. i know there is a lot of racism from both sides in some areas but returning racial slurs does pretty much make u party to it as well and another part of the problem....

Comment

Derogatory.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

that's what you call it..OK sure ..Truth / Derogatory ..same thing!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks E... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Hey Mr. Derogatory...I got yer metal for ya...OH YEAH!!!

RIGHT HERE!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

u r true metal dood..ok 4 U..!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Adagio
      Angra
      Arachnes
      The Armada
      Ark Storm
      Angel Dust
      Apocrypha
      Armageddon
      Annihilator
      Arch Rival
      Ark
      Artention
      Astral Doors
      At Vance ....Olaf Lenk..
      Avalon
      Avantasia
      Axenstar
      Andromeda
      Antithesis ...these dicks (kidding) are from my hometown ...signed to Massacre ....and where my singer if from
      Altaria
      Alchemy X
      Afterworld
      Anguish
      Agent Steel
      Balance of Power
      Beholder
      Beyond Twighlight ...Jorn Lande on this one!
      Black Majesty
      Black Rose
      Black Smith
      Blaze ...ex iron maiden...he's much better on his own
      Blind Gardian
      Blue Murder....fuckin' John Sykes man!
      Brazon Abbot
      Burning Point
      James Byrd..
      Brainstorm.............one of the best powermetal band there is!!!
      Cronic Temple
      Cydonia
      Chroming Rose
      Crystal Eyes ...very good power metal
      Cacophony ...of course ...freidman and becker ...
      Cage ...Darker than Black is their best singer sounds like Owens.
      Candlemass....who in the **** don't own this and why???!!!
      Cans ...this is singer from Hammerfall with metal Mike C of Halford ....not bad
      Chinchilla .....cool powermetal they have four out.
      Circle II circle ..I like this better than anything Tage did since EOT..
      Cities "anilhilation absolute ...this is a shred clasic from the 80s that still kicks ass today.
      C.O.E ...ex singer iof Angel dust ...not bad stuff.
      Conception...these are must have period ..Tore Otsby of Ark and Khan from Kamelot ...amazing stuff!!
      Concerto Moon one of the best progessive prog metal shredders in Japan ...amazing ****!!!
      Controled Denied ...OK for all you guys that love the late Chuck S. from death nd the music this is Death with Tim Aymar on vocals who is one hell of a powerhouse singer ....he should of been in Iced Earth....but my boy Tim is doing a fine job I must admit.
      Conquest...worlds apart ..a littel rainbow/deep purple vibe with a great guitaist ...
      Cornerstone ...Dougie white front this classic hard rock / melodic metal....not that hard but
      it's good!
      Crimson Glory ...the first two release is a must S/T and Trancendence ...amazing upper vox from midnight and awesome song writing and harmonies...
      **OK now it's time to slip a little nastyness into the mix ..
      This was my first band that turned me on to more extreme vocal styles ....because the music and guitar playing and tone is so perfect and captivating ...it hooks you instanly ...it is...Coroner...."mental Vortex" ...this would kick your ass even if you thought the vox were a little too harsh ...belive me the music is so fuckin' good...you won't mind the vocals at all....I promise!!!
      Damned Nation ....
      Dark Avenger
      Dark Moore ...spanish powermetal their last one is really good!
      Deliverance ....yes the christian metal band ...yeah I know I'm a satanist but good riffs are good riffs..
      Demon Drive
      Demons & Wizards ...you should know this one..
      Destillery
      Destiny ...swedish prog ..
      Destinys End ....James Rivera (Seven Witches , Hellstar) on vox
      DGM ...great prog metal band.
      Digital Ruin ....they put one great prog metal album out and disappeared..
      Dionysus ...shred o' plenty
      Dofka ...this is a shred classic ...but good luck finding this one!!
      Dived Multitude ...very proficent Prog Metal
      Domine ....total anthemic european power metal.
      Double Dealer ...Concerto Moon guitarist ...from Japan ...one hell of a player
      Dragonforce ....this is solid powermetal ...they just released a new one.
      Dragonland ....yep you got it polished anthemic powermetal
      Dream Evil ....quirky songwriting with Gus G....he shreds....I like his other projects better but this is still worth checking out .
      Dreamtale ...nice powermetal from finland on spinefarm
      Drive ...classic metal with and awesome guitarist
      Dr. Mastermind ....this has been a favorite of mine for a while ...lots of shred ...but the production is a bit dated ...but I still like it.
      Dungeon ...new powermetal band on Limb ....pretty tasty straight foward metal.
      Dylesia ....another powermetal gem with great playing ...and they al;so just put out a new one I didn't get yet!
      Dyecrest...new metal band on noise ...pretty tasty!
      Easy Rider ....they are from Spain ...I recommend evilution..
      Edguy ...awesome powermetal veterens....they just get better and better I'm diggin' them more than Helloween right now..
      Edendbridge ...another european female fronted melodic metal band ...very good too by the way.
      Eidolon - Huge fan of these guys ...This is Glen Drover's (X-King Diamong) dark aggressive progressive metal band ....John and I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging with them when they rehearsed at John's place....we got a free show ....nice!
      Elegy ...bunch of great albulms w Pat Rondat on Geetar
      Empty Tremor ...one of many DT prog wannabees but these guys stand out because they are very good ...and have their own style..
      Empire ...ahhh Tony Matin and Lance king sang with these guys...
      Enertia ....this is a thrahy prog band from chicago that is not really signed to a big label ...but **** I think they are great ...I have all three but I think they may have a new one out..
      Enola Gay ...straight foward powermetal band on century media label that has a great heavy guitar tone and cool catchy metal tunes..cool ****
      Epica ...I reviewed this thing and praised it ...I still do ...if you like nightwish ...I'm sure you'll love this ...this chick sings awesome ...their like a ten pice orchestra with them ...it a fuckin' light / dark very epic ...nicely produce stuff ...I like it!
      Eterna ...italian power metal shredding player ...cool
      Evergrey ....do I need to say more ...the best band I mentioned so far ...every album a must ...esp.."Recreation Day" ..awesome band..
      Exihibition ...ex seven witches singer on Limp ...pretty decent.
      OK this is not powermetal ...it's old school trash with a major kick in the ass.....,
      Exodus "Tempo of the damned " ...by far one of my most recent favorite albulms ....I love these guys and this ones my favorite ...it fuckin' crushes!!! ...I drove to the store with this in my stereo (loud)....my neck was killin' me when I got home...
      Fair Wairning ...this guy is one of the best guitarist on the entire planet right next to uli ...he is the closest thing to uli and a good freind and fan of Uli ....he had the same Guitar Co. make him a similair guitar as Roth's ...all those frets and seven strings....amazing BUT ...the music is a bit soft (Journey AOR style)....but the guitar playing is amoung the best you ever heard..
      Falconer ...a bit cheezy swedish medieval anthemic powermetal ..but they do it with some very likable charm..
      Fates Warnibg ...especially their early stuff ...nuff saud here.
      Fifth Angel ...great 80's hard rock / metal with a younger James Byrd on on the axe....again , one of the best.
      Fight ....Halford ....scott travis ....awesome heavy shredding ....I like!
      Firewind ...Gus G and Ex Keziner singer in an amazing neo classical power metal band ...this is like YJM's rising force but more aggressive in music style ...great ****!
      Fifth Reason...These guys are in the same camp as Candlemass , Momento Mori , Hexenhouse , Tad Marose , Memory Garden ...Very Mike Wead style player ...dark progrssive metal ..awesome!
      Firebird ...this band is a retro 70's styled band fronted by EX Carcass Bill Steer ...very much like Mike Amotts Spritual Beggars and Grand Magus..this sounds totaly authentic ...like you're listening to some killer guitar rock band during the seventies ..like a much heavier Grand Funk ...cool rock / bluesy riffage and tones..
      Forbidden ...wow ...This is classic **** but it's amoung my favorite ..if you love bands like Santuary , HelStar , early Nevermore ....this kicks ass ....tghe early stuff sounds awesome but it's shows its' age ...with that very classic thrash style..the later suff Tim Calvert (very nice dude) absolutely smokes ...why this guy never got much attention is beyond me ...he later shared lead duties with Lomis in Nevermore....and some night he wemt head to head with Loomis big time ..He's a airline pilot family man now..that shreds like a b1tch..
      Force Of Evil ...This is Classic Merciful Fate without the King ...Period ...this kicks total fuckin ass ...Denner & Sherman ...**** ....Singer from Iron Fire on Vox..
      Forte ....this thrsh band has been 'round for a while ....pretty good stuff hevaier than classic metallica with an excellent bassplayer ...he's all over the place ....I don't say that much.
      Freedom Call ....Helloweens' drummer is in this band and they are a vey polished power metal band if you're into helloween , gamma ray , edguy and such..
      Freternia ..straight forwrad neo classical power metal from Italy with one of many guitaist there that shreds ..they're worth a mention I guess...but there's better out there.
      Jack Frost ...Raise you fist to metal ...yeah Jack has his dick stuck in another project and this time it's his own ...Jacks a nuce dude that has some feel amd knows good tone ..(just bought an Uber) ...he's not much of a shredder but he writes a damn good metal song and that's what counts ....he always surrounded by great musicians to support him ...that's cool.
      Fozzy ....OK I'm not a fag ...My fuckin' kid likes WWE big Time and this is Chris Jericho (Y2J) band who's basically (stuck Mojo) who I don't like because it's Rap Metal.. So I picked this up used ..It's the Happenstance cd witha few originals on it this time ...It's produced by Andy Sneap and so I put it on expexting to hear something very gay ....and it kicked my ass ...these guys could be more serious and put out and whole original thing instead of fuckin' around playing decently played cover songs...This must be his hobby..The originals are very good!
      Gallaglass....polished powermetal on Limb
      Gallows Pole ....another half way decnt straight forward metal band on Limb
      Gamma Ray ....these are pioneers of Powemetal along with Heloween .....a must have ....nuff said..
      The Gathering ....I was introduced to this band on a sampler from Nightime Birds ...I instantly connect with this chick singer ...annekke ...she was amazing ....unbeliveable is more like it ...the only female singer out their that can give me a chill ...even though the're are several other female singers that are incredible (you know who they are ) ...none of them have what anneke has IMO...unfortunately The gathering has evolved into somewhat of a techno darwave style ...to a point ...I don't dig that direction musically but her voice is captivating and better than ever ...if it wasn't for her I wouldn't give a flyin' **** about The Gathering...
      GB ARTS ...this is somewhat of a weird project/band ...very epic progressive metal that has moments of greatness then extreme moments of what the **** is this **** ...
      Godiva ...total straight forward metal witha singer than sounds like love child of Halford and Bon Scott ...very good for those who love straight forward amthemic metal...very traditional metal style..
      Gothic Knights ....these guys are allright and worth a mention ...they just put out a new one on Limb and seems to be fans of classic Savtage and seem to want to make this obvious ....it's not 'old Tage or even close but's it's not bad.
      Grand Magus ...Sweden stoner 70s retro fuckers return ...this time darker and heavier ...I love this albulm ....very catchy and just plain good ...spiritual begarr singer on this again ...if you like their first ...this one is much better...for people into Firebird , Spirtual beggars , High On fire , Sheavy and shut like that..
      Roland Grapow ...Helloween axeman put on two solos ...I highly recommend those into great polished guitar oroented shred albulms to seek thes out ...they are bothe very good.
      Grave Diger ...when I first heard these guys yaers ago I wasn't too sure of the vocals ....then years later I learned that these guys are major veterans in German Powermetal been puttin stuff out since '82 or so ...I have them all now and my fave is simpl called "The Grave Gigger" this came out a couple of years ago with a new guitarist that definitley has a major Zakk wylde vibe but in a very dark aggressive powermetal format with a throat semi harsh singer ....Chris B ( I hate spellin' his fuckin' name) ...like King Diamong ...Grave Digger wouldn't be Grave digger without him ....Century Media has this copy for sale for a fuckin lousy three dollars ...It's worth a buy!!!
      Grim Reaper ....never really got into Steve Grimmet also of Lionheart .....but this is classic metal dome decent and was pretty monumental when it came out ...
      Grip Inc ...Dave Lombardo is a drum god ...but that's stating the obvious ...this time since "metal" is cool again they went back to the vibe of their first two but heavier of course ....not bad.
      Gun Barrel ...this is my least favorite band on Limb ...they are not a band band really ...it's just that their style is purposely dated it another one of those AC / DC type of heavy metal bands I gor enough of 15 years ago ...but if that's your gig ...give them a try..
      Guardians Of Time ...very impressive european Progressive metal
      Genius this is some new multiple star metal project with the likes of Midnight , Mark Boals and such on vox ...pretty great moments ...but it get's a bit boring at times.....but progessive **** can do that to very easily if ther's too much wanking...which seems to plague type of bands.
      Guardian ...remeber these guys ...this was a christian band with a very tasty guitarist ...they put of three classic albums .....if 80's hard rock ala Ratt , Dokken , Stryper is your thing ...you probably alredy know about these guys..
      Gutter Sirens ....new european power metal band in the vein of early staratovarius...
      Gutrix ....this is for the die hard Hank Sherman fans ..like me ...there is some pretty good moments on here that is total sherman ....but it's not a must have ...only for those who must collect anything Mercyful Fate and King Diamond related **** like I do...like Ill Will , Eidolon , Momento Mori , Hexenhouse , and whatever else this camp maybe involved with ....because I usually love it.
      Heavenly....they get bet with each release very good european powermetal on noise.
      Heathen....they just reformed I guess....I must investigate.
      Heaven's Gate....long stanging German powermetal with catch songs and great musicianship..
      Heavy Pettin' ...remeneber these guys they reminded me of a heavier Def Leppard at the time ...it was a classic to me so I included the,,
      Heimdall ....Italian Powermetal wi shredolla...
      Helloween ....this bands need no intoduction...
      Helstar ....fuckin awesome shred band with the talents of the great Andre Corbin and James Rivera ...this stuff is essential..
      Hemisphere ....great progessive metal ...
      Hexenhouse ....Mike wead (momento mori , abstrakt Algebra, Kind Diamond) this is my fvaorite **** in the H section ...a must have ...they have three very out of print discs and one still in print called Deja Voodoo still availuable ...I suggest you get it!
      Highlord ...Italian Powermetal ...ala Rhapsidy and skylark
      Highland Glory ....used to be phoenix Rising ...great traditional high calibre powermetal ...
      Hittman ....classic metal band ....early ninties queensryche influence
      Hollow ....not bad metal on Nuclear blast ....probably can pick these up as a steal ...very Sanctuary influenced ....I like it.
      Holy Mother ...these guys have four out all of them good ...Mike Turelli ( Messiha's kiss) is the closest thing to dio you can get and bassis Randy Coven is in this band as well...
      Halford.....The metal God
      Hallows Eve ...classic metal from the eighties worth a mention...dated but still kicks ass.
      Hammerfall ...I think they are a bit overrated ...the first couple were good and they just got a bit cheez to me ....I mean they wrote "hearts on fire " ...I would never write that BS....
      Hanker ....decent european Maiden wannabes ...that never never nver gets mentioned ...so I'm mentioning them now ...
      Hawaii .....Marty Freidman's first band ....great two albulms ...essential classic metal ....it's Marty so you know the playing is great!!!
      Hawk ....remember Doug Marks from metal method this is his album he used to advertise years ago in Guitar World ....it's good ...a bit dated ...but a lot of you like that kind of stuff ...great player..
      Headstone epitaph....straight forward powermetal worth checking out ..
      Howe , Greg ....this guy is amoung the best of the best when it comes to playing period ...
      House of Spirts ...older progressive metal that is very queensryche inspired ...but they have their own sound ...then disappeared...
      Human Fortress ...Powermetal on the german label Limb ...I like this label ....most of their bands are great for the most part except for a few weenies ...this isn't one of them ...this is pretty good..
      Hyperion ....straight forward powermetal ....nicely done on Massacre records...
      Humanimal ...Jeff Scott sotto project worth a damn ....great musicianship as expected ....good stuff.
      Hades ...I love this fuckin' band ...allan tecchio ...(non fiction , watchtower) on vox and some major tasty metal .....every one of there releases is a gem...kick ass very underated band ....never got the credit they deserve imo..
      Ice Age ....total Progessive rock / metal alot let less aggressive than the likes of Dream Theatre ...but prog fans would probably like this ...little too proggy for me ....but it's good enough to not trade off for the moment..
      Iced Earth ...do I need to describe them....no
      Icon ....s/t ...well that was their best one ...a pretty denet band for 1984 with good guitar playing and straight foward songs..
      Icycore ...new european prog metal on limb ....This is OK not all that hot ...it's the keys again ....too much keys ...it has good momemts ..
      Illwill ...this is King Diamonds Andy Laroque solo
      project basicaly consisting of snowy shaw , Sharlee diangelo and some weird dude singer that sounds like cross btween Udo and Owens ...
      Impelliteri....awesome fuckin guitarist thats been around for some time doing his neo classical shred ala Malmsteen....this guy would kick Gus G's ass ....Gus is getting better and better though just like Chris has..
      Innerwish ...another dark progressive power prog band worth a check into..
      Insania ...european heloween worship ....like so many others ...but they do it good enough to get a mention
      Invictus ....another european prog poer band of limb ...not bad..
      Ion Vein ....kick ass aggressive US power prog band that I dig ...aggressive enough for me to truly enjoy..
      Irone Fire ....man this is like typical european power metal
      with Vince Niel on vocals ...no **** dude sounds like Vince Neil ....but he doesn't really with Sherman and Denner in Force of Evil....
      Iron Fortress ...pretty dent prog metal came out almost ten years ago ...guitarist from Levithan I believe ..
      Iron Fortress ...another decent powermetal band on Limb worth a mention
      Iron Maiden .......
      Iron Horse ...Remember Ron Keel ...he was in YJM's first US band Steeler and then his Keel ctap....well he's doing this gay ass country rock that blows IMO ....but this young gutarist is unfuckingbelivable so I keep it just for that ****...he does a smokin' solo on the disc ...see if you can check out an MP3 or somethin.
      Iron Mask ...Italian YJM rising Force worship ...the dude looks like him , plays like hims and sounds like him ....he's good.
      Iron Savior ...a absolutely must have with any fans of Gamma Ray and Helloween ...they are one the better powermetal bands out there ..
      IronWare ....another new band on Limb ...this is straight foward metal kind of like Jag Panzer and Priest....pretty cool..
      Isengard ....italian Powermetal for fans of Rhasody!!!
      Ivanhoe ....this is the German progmetal band of Brainstorm, Symphorce singer Andy B Frank ...a hell of a metal singer!!!! This is him in an out of print ten year old prog project that is worth checking out ...it's good!
      Ivory Tower ...Power / Prog on Limb ...very good calibre band amoung so many others ...recomeded to proggers...like the Krustmeister...
      Jackal ...no not the US chaninsaw hilbilly ac/DC dudes ...These guys are a real metal band from German that is inspired by Helloween but definitely have and aggrestion and a style all thier own...
      Jacobs Deam ...a polished metal band from the ohio are that is on metal blade and has two out that sound like early queensryche....darker prog metal
      Jag Panzer ...these guys are my bots ...really nice dude and some of the best powermetal band in existence ...Chris is a moster guitaris and played with for Nevermore one time ...when they were doube billing ...major major shredder!!!
      Javelin ...another helloween inspired band that never really got sign to a good label ...
      Jesters March ...very dark prg / power metal reminecent of early Fates Warning / Queensryche..
      Jorn ....this a vocal god (Ark . Masterplan) usic writr....The new one is pretty good ...it's Jorn....but "worldchanger" is my all time favorite...awesome!!!!
      Joshua Perahaia....this is an old shredder back in the the late 80's with dome grat plying and music ....
      Judad Preist ...ahhhhh these guys suck.....
      Jaded Heart....AOR hard rock grom Gernamy for those who like their hard rock , pure and driven like it did during the 80's...
      Jaguar - Powegames ...this a pretty aggresive NWOBHM back in the day ...a bit dated but it was great stuff during that time..
      Kamelot....these guys rule ....one of the best powermetal bands out there ....they are an original sound and stand out in a huge sea of powermetal from Europe..a must have for fans of theis genre..
      Katantonia .....for those who like the dark , epic stuff of bands like Opeth and My Dying Bride without the hars vocals ...very melodic and if the harsh vox are there it's used at a minimal..
      Kenizener ....this is an amazing shred metal band front bu Firewind's singer ang a player that would Gus G. a run for his money!!!
      Khali ....great Prog Metal ...more pwer than prog ...which I like..
      King Diamomd ...well he doesn't use harsh vocals ....it's falsetto...
      King Kobra ...yeah the old band of Johnny Rod (nice mane ...Mark Free when he used to be a dude and Carmen Appice...The first albulb ready to striule came out in '84 and though some of it sounds pretty dated there is some really good songs on this ....stay away from there second one "thrill of a lifetime "...unless you're a homosexual ...then you would probably enjoy this while wearing leg warmers and workin' out to it.
      KIngs X ....I loved this band up until Dogman ....that's it....then 1/3 the band came out of the closet and totaly lost that edge ...if you're gay and in a metal band ....Please stay in the closet.....for my sake.
      Killer Dwarfs ....remember these dicks .....not bad stuff for old 80's metal and the guitarist is quite good ....dated but ...oh well..
      Killing Machine ....Michael Vecsera fronted this project a few years ago ....not bad.
      Kotipelto ....Very good band of Ex Stratovarius singer ....this is probably going to be better than anything else Timmo Toki and gang will put out since he lost his mind ...I could be wrong ...we'll see.
      Krux ...awesome doom metal like candlemass , momento mori , memeory Garden ...etc. fronted by vocal god Mats Levins....**** yeah!!!!...
      Laaz Rockit....how can't I include them..
      Labyrinth...italian power prog band...good too
      Lucuna Coil ....I think you know this band by now
      Lana Lane ...this chick is into power prog and she does a fine putting together some great stuff...a bit mild for me ...but very tasty
      Last Crack....anyone else love these guys ....I fuckin' love them
      Lanfear ....excellent prog metal on massacre ...very good!
      Leash Law ...Wade Black and Metal Mike doing this thing ...straight foward metal ...not bad .
      Jake E Lee ...his solo ....yeah I know it doesn't have words but it's there and he's cool ...so I posted it
      Legend Maker ...italian Powermetal....shredding solos
      Lethal ...awesome .....very recommended to any fan of old Queensryche and Fate Warning ...awesome.
      Lemur Voice ...very prog this is that shredder dude from Sun Caged ...I'm too lazt to get up and look at his name ....I'll call him shredder dude.
      Liege Lord ....kind of important back in the day ....a bit cheezy now IMO...but if you like classic metal ....this is good.
      Lion Share ....very good Power prog metal bamd...they have five releases....I only have three.
      Liquid Tension Experiment...yeah another instrumental album by John Petrucci and freinds ....great stuff for Petrucci fans....there's two albums
      Leviathan ...these guys came and went into obscurity ...very good stuff
      Lizzy Borden ...pretty important band banck then ...classic stuff
      Lorien ...for those who really like their european power metal super cheezy...this would be good for you
      Lost Century ....prog metal ...they put one out and that was it
      Lost Horizon...unbeliveably cheezy but very highly talented , extremely proficient power metal ...like Manowar and Helloween's love child ...very good for powermetal lovers.
      Loudness....Japanese EVH.....awesome band Akira kills Ed now..(Sad Gremlin)
      Lynch Mob ....just put out a new one George shreds his ass off but I'd rather hear some new originals ...instead of ruining the classics..but the solos are great.
      Lemans...band of ex Enuff Z Nuff Derik Frigo just prior...his best work IMO...a bit dated but fans of his would be OK with that.
      Lordian Gaurd ...Powermetal....that's it.
      Lullacray ...not bad goth band fromted by some chick...opening for Nightwish on their current tour.
      Last Tribe ...the best for last ...this music is a bit to light for my taste....but Magnus Karlsson ( Midnight Sun....getting to that one)is fuckin' amazing ....now this is shredding!!!
      Mad Max ....remeber these guys...
      Madsword ...good prog metal ...on underground Symphont records..
      Magic Kingdom ...anyone into YJM would like this ...oliver Hartman (ex at vance) is on vox
      Magnitude 9 ...these guys evolve into neo classical power prog into real proggy powermetal....good stuff
      Majestic ....this is essential for neo clasical powermetal fans..
      Majesty ....ahhhh cheezy , watered down Manowar ....the world only needs ONE Manowar..
      Manilla Road ....Mark Shelton's been hackin' at this long time running metal band ...not for everyone ...it's either you love it or you hate it ....I love it only sometimes..
      Manowar....I like 'em ...I put their stuff on once in a great while ...not so much these days..
      Manticora ...awesome powermetal band in vein of classic Iced Earth..with a dash of prog..
      Marauder....this is greek power metal ...so it sounds excatly like greek power metal..
      Marillion ...have to mention them ...I'm not a big fan though
      Marshal Law ...classic metal band much like Preist!!
      Alex Masi ...he's been busy putting some amazing stuff out ...better than ever before..
      Masquerade ...Surface was pretty cool with dio-esque vocals ...Flux is much more modern and lamer!!
      Mastermind...great neo classical prog metal
      Masterplan ....awesome power prog from Jorn Lande / Roland Grapow..a must have ...check it out!!
      Mattson ...Lars eric Mattson ...awesome guitarist worth checking out if never done so ...kinda Uli like in some ways ...great player..
      Mayadome ...Really cool power prog metal...
      Meduza ...awesome power metal produced by shredder Mike Wead..
      Megadeth .....hmmmm never heard of them
      Mekong Delta ...this is very technical different classic stuff ...I love it ....I know some people won't....who also knows about them??
      Meliah Rage ....put out three thru the 90's ...very early metallica ...but hard their own cool vibe..
      Memento Mori ...this is a must for any candlemass / mike wead (hexenhouse, illwill , king diamond) ...candlemass frontman messiah marcolin is on three ...Deejavoodoo is great and has Kristian on vox..
      Memory Garden ...funny how these two are close together ...again essenstial for any fan of candlemass...I love 'em
      Mercury Rising....good power prog metal
      Mercy ...here come messiah Marcolin' again this was his band before candlemass...just re-issued
      Merciful Fate .... John really into these guys before me ....I never cared for King's vocals ...John gave me a few to listen to long ago ....and I never looked back since....one of my very favorite bands of all time!
      Mesmerized ...very cheezy peter pan metal ...if you like this sort of thing ...you'll love this .
      Messiah's Kiss ....very cool powermetal band ...Mike Turelli (holy mother) on vox ...he sounds like Dio big time!!!
      Metal Church...love 'em
      Metalium ...they have four now ...Jack Frost was on the second one ...Chris caffery was on the first ....If you like Dream Evil , Savatage , Lost Horizon...I would assume you would love this stuff as well...
      Metallica .....ahhhhh **** them!
      Mezarkabul ....very cool doom metal band from Turkey also known as Pentegram
      Midnight Sun ....Magnus Karlsson (Last Tribe) ...has to be one of the most polished shredders I've ever heard ...One of the main dudes in my book!!!!
      Millinium - This is AOR ....hard rock outfit with Ralph Santolla on guitars and Jorn Lande on Vox ...get "Hourglass" ..their best one.
      Missa Mercura - another good project with Midnight Sun frontman
      Mob Rules ..anyone into Gamma Ray / Helloween / Freedom call....needs this ..
      Mollo Martin / Martin ...The Cage I and II ...Tony Martin and Dario Mollo team up for some quality shred hard rock / metal
      Montany ...very good power metal with some good shredding to boot.
      Moondoc - a lot of people seemed to have passed this by ...but it is a decent release if your into accept and the likes of Sinner
      Moonlight Circus ...italian prog band also known as Black Jester ..Prog nuts would like this
      Moon of Steel ...italian Prog Metal with upper range singer that sounds like Ozzy at times..
      Morgana Lefay ----- a must have ...true power metal ...now know as "Lefay" anyone into ' Tage / Tad Marose and the like would like this big time!!
      Morifade - very good power metal outfit that had developed very well over the years ...now produced by Andy LaRoque..
      Mr. Kite ....I've been hearing a huge buzz about the guitarist in this band for a while ...I got it and was a bit disappointed ...there is much better players out there ...but not bad to be honest..
      Mullmuzler - James Labrie ...project ....not really my bag but it's done very well ...I'd leave this to the hardcore Dream Theatre fans to decide .
      Mrs . Hippie - a project that was Jocaim Cans band before Hammerfall ...I swore this was a chick singer before I learned it was Cans ....I'm not a big fan of Hammerfall to be honest ..Cans always lacked power in my book!
      Mundanus Imperium - Jorne Lande fronts this very mediocre band ...there is a cover of Rainbow's "Stargazer" ...Lande has an incredible voice ...but that band doesn't do him justice.
      MVP - The Mike Vescera Project ...ex- Loudness / Malmsteen singer
      Myon - pretty weak Prog Metal IMO on Noise records ....I'm losing my love for prog metal ..too many bands with overzealous keyboard players out there cheezing up the place ..
      Mystic Force -- Awesome band ...like a more proggy / aggressive old Queensryche...
      Mysical Warning - a european poer prog band with a good guitarist..
      Mystic Prophesy - Gug G's band ...need I say more.
      Mystic ...a cleveland Jem that was on massacre records over a decade ago ...features members of purgatory and Mushroom head ....but sound much better that both bands ....especially that gay Mushroomhead music...nice guys but I hate their music!!!
      N8 - on scarlet records ...pretty cool dark progessive with a doomy vibe ..
      Narnia - for those who like Dream Evil and Firewind ...this should be a No Brainer ....this dudes plays like YJM ...he's very good ...this is trult christian metal ...in a Rising Force vibe.
      Nasty Savage ...they are trying to make a comeback I suppose ...but I heard the new stuff and it's horrible ....I'm talking Penetration point and the early stuff ...I'm a sucker for old "Thrash" in general..
      Nevermore ...One of my favorite metal bands of all time ...I ove this band ...there is only ONE Nevermore and only one Warrel and Loomis that I know of and they are perfection at their crafts.
      New Eden ...Us band ...very cool Helstar / Destiny's End vibe ...now they just released a new one w ex Steel Prophet voz Mythisan..
      Nightingale - This is Dan Swano mostly know for his work in Edge Of Sanity and many of his other death project ....but this is his lighter side ...he's has a great clean voice and writes some damn fine progressive hard rock tunes ...this man knows his **** ..producing , writing and a very diverse artist in general..
      Nightmare ...I think fans of classic Savatage would probably dig this band ..but they are from France ...aren't we suppose to boycott these guys ....I still eat French Fries ...**** It.
      Nightshade ...hmmmm this was a decent straight fpward metal band that came out around ten years ago ...not bad stuff.
      Nightwish ...I love this band ...got all their stuff ....and their new one in on it's way ...Tarja is the ****!
      Nocturnal Rites ....One of the best Power metal bands out there today ...I strongly recommend their last three starting with Afterlife / Shadpland / Their new "New World Messiah" is a MUST HAVE with power metal fans!!!
      Non - Fiction ....classic stuff man ...I love this stuff ..Allan Tecchio (WatchTower,Hades) in a more straight forward format ...like a more metal Alice in Chains..
      John Norum (Europe , Dokken) ....get any damn album he's put out ...every one of them is great ...he's an amazing player in the same calibre with John Sykes and Gary Moore in my opinion ...he's great!!!
      Nikolo Kotzev's Nostradamus ...this is a epic ,,, somewhat tedious Metal / Rock Opera with a shitload of Metal guest stars ..it has it's monemts ....but nothing that will kick your nads.
      Nostradameus ....European more power than prog ...pretty decent stuff really ...they have thre out ...dudes into Crystal Eyes / Morifade / Paragon would dig this..
      Novembre ...I dunno this one is hard to describe ..it's on Century Media ..It's melodic , it's doomy ....oops forget it....it has dirty vocals ...this goes on the other list ...disregaurd....well it has half clean , half growl
      Nuclear Assault ...I'm a sucker for old thrash and these bastards put out some good stuff..
      Odessy ...this is a prog rock three song EP project by Dan Swano ....only three songs ...this was a major tease ...because it's very good.
      Omen ....these long standing thrash / Doom metal band ...definitely worth a mention ...they get very little mention ...
      Onward ...they have two reeleases out on Century Media ..with a "shredder" guitarist....yes he shreds but just not nearly as good as most of the players I worship..
      Opposite Earth - Pretty Decent prog metal band on Limb...more mid tempo stuff..
      Opus Alantica - On Regain ...this is a awesome release from the neo classical prog metal band ...very good ...recommended for fans of power/ neo classicla Prog.
      Oratory - another decent prog metal band on Limb ...not bad
      Original Sin ...this is out of print and hard to find ...this came out in 95 and is pretty damn good straight forward metal with a very polished guitarist..
      O.S.I. ....this is a multi prog celebbrity wank fest ....way too proggy for me ....but I have definitely heard worse ...I liked this "Once" when I weas stoned ....so I keep it.
      Overkill....jeez ....these guys always kicked ass ....just saw them and they rock!
      Ocean Machine ...this is far the worst side project I have ever heard Devin Towsend do ....what the hell is this crap ...
      Odin ....remember these guys ....early 80's ....yep these are those guys ...they put out some decent stuff for the time before they went cheezy and dies.
      Ozzy Osbourne ....never heard of him..
      October 31st....King Foley has been hack away at metal for a very long time ...no labels , mostly all out of his pocket , and a very cool dude when I met him ...This is very old school agressive Heavy Metal in very raw form...at times pretty damn good too....I must give him credit for believing in metal ...when nobody seemed to care....I can relate.
      Paradox - classic thrash from Germany not my bro John's old metal cover band ...BTW John can do Savatage very very good!
      Pagan's Mind ...a must have for any prog fan ....this is great stuff.
      Pain of Salvation.....very different prog metal with a touch of of mid era queensryce vibe in there....great singer.
      Palace of Black ...this is pretty good Mike Vescara in a doomy mid tempo format ...not bad stuff.
      Panic ....cool old thrash band I digged.
      Pan Ram ....ahhhh this is very queensryche inspired ....it's OK a bit cheezy ....there is much better things to get...if you come by it cheap then get it.
      Paragon ....very excellent straight foward metall ...this is as metal as it gets ....traditional metal done very well
      Paralysis - These prog metal band seems to try to come off as nevermore but not nearly as profienct ...not bad ...some moments of coolness on this ..
      Pathos - excellent band on massacre ....mix candlemass with nevermore and you get the idea ...I really like this band.
      Pegazus - these cheesballs put out about five releases out they have improved with each realease but this a bit cheezier than the cheeziest of Manowar ....it's done quite well ...well made cheez!
      Pell Axel Rudi ---OK I have about 18 albums of his stuff ...that;s a lot of stuff he keeps putting stuff out every year....with all the players I listen to I fing that even thought this guy is an experienced payers ....he shows many flaws in his craft....his plays out of key ...he gets very sloppy when attempting to shred and does a lot of very simplistic one line harmonies ...he has written many good / decent songs thru the years ....but In a sea Of pure virtuocity ....he falls extremely
      Perlepes Angelo - Mystery ....Neo Classical done by this dude worthy checkin' out very rising force influenced.
      Personal War - Victor Smolski guest on this classic metallica vibe to the band ...old school thrash with a modern twist ...pretty decent stuff.
      Phantomlord ...these braziallian or could be greek ( I dunno) each disc theyput out ....not unlike Stygmata IV and newer Morifade.
      Phantoms Opera ....Hey guys this is Mike Romeo's ban before Symphony X ....it's very light like Journey with Mike Romeo doing some smokin' solos..of course.
      Pharoah - after the fite ...This is like american Maiden ...very good band and song writing ...truly Power metal with Tim Aymar on vox ( contoled denied) ...I think it's a great relese ...better tha the new Iced Earth...IMO
      Phoenix Risng ...Italian Powermetal .....medieval themes , knights , battle ...they changed their name now to Highland Glory..
      Pink Cream 69 ....not bad hard rock / metal with helloween Andy Deris on vocals ...I like the older stuff with hin on it..
      Planet X ...a three piece carzy fusion band with shredder Tony MacAlpine.
      Platitude ....On Scarlet Italian Dark Progmetal of very High calibre..
      Poisonblack ...theis is for fans of mid era Sentenced ...it the singer for Sentenced playing guitar ....it's a pretty good albulm ...I like bett that Senetences last two releases.
      Power Of Omens --very good prog metal in the vein of early queensryche....a bit more aggressive,
      Powegod -The straight foward power metal dudes put out four decent metal albulms ...I guess the singer just joined my home town dudes ...Winters Bane (ripper's old band)..
      Powerqest ....very romatic , phantasy metal with a very polished production and nice packaging ....for fans of Rhapody , Skylark and such..
      Power Symphony -Italian dark epic metal with a cute italian chick that kind of sounds lik Bjork ....not bad ..
      Pretty Maids ....these guys a ton of releases but they are probably best known for "Futureworld" that was a big Z Rock staple..
      Primal Fear ....simply German Judas Preist ....the closest band you can get next to Halford or Preist ...Ralph Scheepers sand foe Gamma Ray and Tyran Pace...
      Prototype ....well one are members of this band is one of our Goombas ...and he's a damn fine player ....I hear a bit of fluidity that I hear from Loomis from this dude....great band!
      Psycho Drama - prety cool Queensryche inspied power prog band worth checkin into.
      Pscho Motel ....Side project of Adrian Smith (Maiden) nothing like Maidn but very good ...I like this stuff.
      Perry Ian , Consortium project ....Elegy's frontman doin' some prog metal on this side....prog fans would probably like this a little more than I do...
      Q5 ...the band of Floyd Rose himself inventer of the locking trem ...very straight forward mid tempo metal ..Steel the light is a 1985 classic ...when the mirror cracks is a much weaker effort
      Queensryches ...they used to be a metal band but something happend to them after Empire ...they kept gettin' gayer!
      Quiet Room ...not a bad Prog metal band on Metal Blade ..
      Racer X ...in 1986 we were introduced to a new 16 year old guitar god ...Paul Gilbert...take Preist and hyper neo classical shred and put 'em together...essential stuff!
      Radakka ...pretty decent straight forward metal on Century Media ..
      Random Damage ....ex-Annihilator drummer band ...a watered down annihilator ...not bad ...out of print now .
      Rage ...This german SOBs been at a very long time ..for fans of Savatage and early Metallica ...Victor Smolski is a killer player!
      Rainbow..not really metal but a band that inspired metal regardless ...Ritchie and Dio had a great chemistry...the Joe lynn Turner and Graham Bonnet era was OK too...but not as cool IMO
      Rain fell within...these guys and gal just put out a long EP then poof ...shame because this girl has an amazing voice similiar to Tarja's style of Nightwish ...Opera vox over symphonic double kickin' metal with a goth overtone.
      Ratt...never heard of them ..I was hooked on these guys when they came out ...if you played guitar at the time ..who wasn't.
      Raven ...never really broke big because they put out some pretty weak stuff ...but they did put out a couple decent albums early on.
      Rawhead Rexx ...these guys are GREAT ...very aggressice metal with two cool shredders that play awesome Jackson ...upper range very good singer and great songwriting and production ...check into these guys!
      Razor ...friggin' classic thrash from Germany ..finally re-issued ...truly classic ...the originals commanded $100 on the bay not long ago
      Rebellion ...ex-Grave gigger guitarist sonwriter new band..their first is a very epic ..the music is very cool but in between songs is a BS tale of Macbeth ..their next was a complete turn around and is too straight foward ...but not bad.
      Redemption ..Steel Prophet singer Rick Mythiasin and Jackson player / Agent steel guitarist Bernie Versailles cool Prog Metal project..
      Red Wine...excellent spanish metal band (words in spanish) on Arise ..fans of Blind Guardian and Maiden would like this ...But I don't speak spanish...
      Regime The ...hmmmm an obscure Molten metal release with a pretty good guitarist ...don't know too much about these guys ..I guess this would be traditional thrash metal ...with some shreddin'....not to shabby.
      Reign of Terror ...this is the band of neo classical shredder Joe Stump ...there is four release all together but only two were released domestically on Limb ..Mike Vescera (loudness Rising Force)on vox..great stuff.
      Reingold .... awesome bassist Jonas Reingold is a great player and put together a band for fans of virtuoso shred ala Malmsteen
      Reptillian ...very cool Rainbow influeced band from Sweden on Regain records...good stuff
      Reverend ...CLASSIC thrash and traditional metal of ex- metal church David Wayne ...I love this stuff!!
      Revoltons ....talented new prod metal band on Limb records.
      Rhapsody ...The italian kings of European Anthemic Power Metal ...almost over produced (not in a bad way) and sweet packaging ...a bit cheezy but this style of metal is ..Luca Turelli is a great player!
      Ring Of Fire ...awesome Prog Metal of the great Tony MacAlpine and Mark Boals (rising force)..
      Riot ...these guys been here for a very long time ...and a very large library of material ...I like their later when Halford/Watchtower Drummer Bobby Jarzombek joined them in '96.
      Rising Faith ...great new aggressive power metal band on Limb records ...cool traditional metal songwriting and good production..
      Ritual..an old Massacre release of an old friend of mine from Cleveland ..pretty good traditional / thrash metal with upper range vox ...I just recorded with two of these guys ..
      Romeo Mike ...The dark Chapter ...His 1994 solo album of amazing instrumental shred...one of the great new guitar gods indeed!
      Rob Rock ....put out two solo albums Rage of creation is Roy Z a truly amazing player ...his second solo is an all star shredfest ...lots of shreddin' ...almost too much!
      Roth David Lee ...Vai , Sheehan , Goldy , Becker , John Lowery ...he never had a problem picking awesome players ..too bad his time is over and he looks like the cryptkeeper now..I guess he'll finish his carrer in Las Vegas..
      Roth Uli Jon ...my very favorite guitar god ...can't sing worth a crap ...but nobody can touch him in the art of guitar playing imo..The king of kings..
      Rough Cutt ...anyone who worshipped the likes of Dokken / Ratt had to have these two studio albums in their collection ...still holds up today ...great guitar playing and the great Vocals of Paul Shortino (what a wanker)...
      Rough Silk ...pretty cool darl Prog metal band with about five releases under their belt ...Savatage fans would probably dig this.
      Royal Hunt ..Long running melodic prog metallers ...not vey aggresive but very tasty nonetheless...
      Running Wild ..The metal Pirates ..arrrrrrgh (Pirate themes) put out a crapload of German metal ..for fans of Accept , Grave Digger and classic Preist..
      Sabbat...essential classic dark metal ...big time producer andy sneap on guitar
      Sacred Reich ...don't know why these guys wern't bigger..
      Sacred Steel ..Power/battle metal with a singer you'll either loathe or like.
      Samson ..the old band of Bruce Bruce (Bruce Dickinson)
      Santuary ..you don't own these why in the hell not ...Warrel and Jim's band before Nevermore
      Sanvoisen ...very cool power prog band ...I like these guys not much DT wanking , more straight forward.
      Savatage ...died when Criss died ...Handfull of rain had some moments ..all downhill from there.
      Saxon ...classic metal anthems and some very good new power metal material as well.
      Scanner ...cool german thrash / power metal ...now they have a chick singin' and it's pretty crappy.
      Scorpions ...never heard of them ...Uli was in this band ...so I love them...get everything up to Savage Amusement..downhill and tired from there ..they just put out a new one ...it'll make the cut out bins soon enough.
      Scream , The ...classic 80's metal / rock with Bruce of Racer X and John Corabi..good stuff ..a bit dated but good.
      Sculpture ..this is a catchy album ..ex darkseed vox ..sounds a bit like later era sentenced and Metallica black era..not bad...takes a few listens
      Seasons of the wolf ..This is a different listen ..the singer has a high range that sound a bit like Kind Diamond at times .. musicianship is allright but the music is better than the sum of their parts...it's OK
      Secret Sphere ..great european power prog if you're into that sorta thing.
      Sentenced ...one of my faves ..Frozen and Down are must haves (clean vox) ...I also like their first couple when they sounded a lot heavier (death vox).
      Seventh Avenue ...elaborate power prog on massacre..
      Seventh Force ..I had this forever ..not bad but it's showing it's age ..which means cheezy in a metal kinda way
      Seventh Omen ..pretty decent thrash band produced by Mustaine ..somewhat megadethish in ways.
      Seventh One ..elaborate straight forward powermetal on massacre ..not bad.
      Seven Wishes ..good band along the lines of classic dokken ..good guitarist and vox.
      Seven Witches...Jack Frost's baby ..line up changes which each release ..the latter stuff with James Rivera is better.
      Shadow Gallery ..a MUST have for any progmetaller into Symphony x and the like ...the guitarsts smoke.
      Shadowkeep ...very good band sounds a bit like classic queensryche..on limb
      Shakra ..very polished hard rock / metal with a guitarist with a great tone and feel ..pretty enjoyable for those who like straight ahead metal that's not extreme.
      Shaman ...a must have for any one into Angra / Helloween and Gamma Ray ...great powermetal.
      Shining Fury ...a decent newer powermetal release on metal blade ..one of the very few powermetal bands on this label lately
      Shock Machine ..bassist of helloween ...not great ..but not bad straight forward metal
      Shotgun Messiah ...Harry Cody anyone ..this guy was making a big name for himself until grunge did metal in..classic stuff...a bit dated but fun.
      Silencer ...great US thrash band ..they put out one long ep and that was it.
      Silent force ..very essential for powermetal fans ..into Iron Savior / Preist and the like
      Silver Blade ...decent power metal from brazil ..not bad.
      Silver Mountain...this is yngwie's first band when he was in sweden ..home band of the Johanssons ..very Rainbow influenced ..the first two were costly inports that has just been re-issued ..yngwie iy not on any album..good guitarist though.
      Silver Seraph - Regain records..this is a must have with any neo classical shred / Proggy fan!!!
      Sinergy - Awesome female female fronted shred powermetal ..COB's Laiho's "other" band"..
      Sinner - Nuclear Blast ...Matt Sinner bassist of Primal Fear main band ...he's been hackin' at this for a while and the music shows...anyone into great straight foward powermetal ala Primal Fear...must have this stuff.
      Skitzotic - Long Island records ...this came out in '94 and was pretty decent at the time ...straight foward metal.
      Skullview - RIP records ...these guys have three releases out ...very cool aggressive powermetal with a slice of cheese.
      Skyclad - Nuclear Blast ..Ex sabbat frontman's folk metal band ..very folkish but aggressive enough to be metal.
      Skylark - Underground Symphony..Italian Ornate Powermetal along the lines of fellow dagos Rhapsody...shredder Eddie Antonini also has a couple solo disc out as well.
      Solitude - Red light records..."from withn" ...this came out ten years ago ...not bad straight forward metal band.
      Solitude Aeturnus - Pavement...these Doom gods are one of my favorite Doom metal bands ..ala early Candlemass / Momento Mori...
      Sonata Artica - Century Media ..swedish powermetal band that rocks..
      Southpaw - Z records..Mats Levins fronts this cool hard rock ala later day Van Halen project.
      Space Oddessy - "Embrace the galaxy" on Regain .. A must have for neo classical shred / prog metal fans ...awesome!
      Spastik Ink - Crazy instrumental project of Watchtower's Ron Jarzobek...Insane stuff!
      Sabbtail - Night Church...Mats levens ...great singer fronting this dark metal project.
      Speeed - Masscare records...One of the many project of guitarist Jack Frost....not bad.
      Spiral Tower ..Massacre ..great dark progressive metal band...I like this stuff.
      Spiral Architect - a sceptic's universe..very cool technical prog metal band with a singer that sounds like a Buddy Lacky (pshchotic Waltz) clone.
      Spirit Web - Stentorian records...very cool chicago based dark prog metal with ex Syris and winterkill members..
      Spiritual Beggars - Koch ...the best stoner rock band on the planet (IMO) that features the talents of Mike Amott of Arch Enemy.
      Squealer - AFM / Metal blade ..pretty cool dark powermetal; band for fans of Grave Digger / Helloween and the like.
      Star One - Space metal ...Inside out..this is Aryeon's Arjen Anthony Lacassens epic ..multi celeb ..very elaborate project...very epic ...pretty cool.
      Steeler - Shrapnel ..this is the band that introduced us to Yngwie J Whatnot 21 years ago ...frontman Ron Keel on this ...coutesy of shred enthusiast Mike Varney..
      Steeler - SPV ..two classic shred metal albulm with Axel Rudi Pell "Undercover animal" and "strike back" are true classics.
      Steel Attack - AFM records..This is straight forward power metal ...dragons , swords and whatnots...
      Steel Lord - Megahard ..Brazilian power metal along the lines of Grave Digger ...it's OK
      Steel Prophet - One of my favorite classic power metal bands ...now with a different singer after all these years ...Mythiasin now joined New Eden for the time being.
      Stormhammer - Century Media ...avergae power metal ..swords and plenty of dragons screaming in the niiiiiiight!
      Soul Motor - - Metal Blade ..Atomick Tommy McCleddon's of UFO fame's band ...decent hard rock...not bad.
      Savage - classic NWOBHM band that reminds me of very early def lepard...
      Spirit Caravan - another stover rock bamd with wino of St Vitus..a bit to "fuzzy" for my liking
      Stormwind - AWESOME shred band of swedish axeman Thomad Wolf ...great essential stuff neo classicla metal..
      Stormwitch - One of my favorite classic german metal bands of all time...not for everyone but I love 'em.
      Shock Paris - Cleveland's Shock paris ..classic straight forward metal band that will be eventually re-issued on Auburn records..with bonus material..
      Storyteller's Rain - metal musical project with a bunch of dude from Helloween , Edguy , Rage and more..
      Joe Stump - this dude rips on guitar ...his reign of terror stuff is great also.
      Strapping Young Lad - this is a great album to start off with if you want something a bit harsher without the growls ...he shouts a lot that's Devin' style ..but Gene Hoglan smoke on this ...one of the best drummers in the world..IMO
      Stratovarius - awesome prog / power metal band ..If you don't about these guys by now ...you truly like under a rock.
      Stream - nothing is sacred ..Pavement records..this is a decent hard rock album consisting od Eric Carr and and bass legend Bob Daisley..
      Street Legal - Thunderdome ..frontiers records ...This band sound like Blue Murder and Sykes era Lizzy..or like a John Norum cd..
      Stryper - ...hell how can you not mention these guys ..they're great players ..They do sound a bit dated these days ...but this Satanists likes these guys.
      Stigmata IV - Noise ..I love this German dark Powermetal band ..I have all thier stuff which is five releases in all ..great guitarist ...cool stuff ...pretty different but in a very cool way....anyone into Savtage would dig this.
      Sun Red Sun - this is a old project of the late Ray Gillian ..pretty decent hard rock metal ..Al Ramono on guitar and Chris Caffery has a guest spot on it...anyone into Badlands would dig it.
      Superior _ excellent Prog Metal band they only have three discs out and have been around for a while ...pretty heavy guitar tone and tasty songs..anyone into Vanden Plas , Dream Theatre would like this.
      Supershine - Metalblade ..This is a project of Bruce Franklin (trouble) and Kings X frontman Doug Pinnick ...that's right it sounds like both bands put together.
      Sword - This is classic stuff...anyone remeber this band?
      Supreme Majesty - Massacre records ...cool power / prog metal ...
      Sygnet, The - A must have for anyone into Power metal with a neo clasical flavor..good stuff.
      Silent Voice - Crash records..Great Prog Metal band ...good song writing and some cool riffage.
      Sykes , John ...one of my favorite players of all time ...a huge inspiration of Zakk Wylde along with Frank Marino....amazinging players..Whitesnake , Tygers of Pang Tang , Thin Lizzy , Blue Murder and his solo stuff...he'd make a great guitarist for Dio in my opinion...besides the obvious YJM.
      Symphony X - well what can I say ...these guys smoke DT ...Mike Romeo is unreal ..Petrucci is very good but he's no Mike Romeo and there is no comparison whatsoever between Russel Allan and James Labrie...you can't argue that.
      Symphorce - Metalblade ..Brainstorm's Andy B. Frank's other band ...and a great powermetal band it is ...a must have IMO
      Syris - chicago based dark prog metal band ...I like it ...very cool stuff ...not bad
      Syrinx - alot like Syris ..another cool dark prog metal band...on seasons of mist.
      Sacred Oath - classic 80's metal a mix between Mercifule Fate and Maiden...not bad
      Sieges Even - pretty technical progressive metal ...a technical Queensryche sort ...cool.

Tad Marose - Century Media...damn these dudes are essential as far as I'm concerned ...every release is good to great...if you dig Lefay , Candlemass , Noctunal Rites ...this is a no brainer.
      Tafolla, Joey - X-Jag Panzer guitarist and Shrapnel guitar soloist alumni..one of the greats!
      Tai Pan - shark records ...this is outta print and cool as hell.
      Takara - Saraya ..long standing band with several Rainbowish styled hard rock / metal albums...good stuff ...good guitarist...but not too heavy.
      Talas - the band that broke bassist Billy Sheehan's popularity before DLR.
      Talamaska - Decent dark progressive powermetal along the lines of King Diamond and Helstar ...but not as polished.
      Tarantula - AFM records ..these dudes are pretty good ...polished powermetal that is light on the cheeze and good at sonwriting...a great powermetal band.
      Tarot - Regain records , Hell Yeah ..this is Marco's ..bassist of Nightwish's band ..he has some major lungs that sound like a cross between dio and well someone a bit harsher ...good stuff ...highly recommended...This get's a lot of play at home.
      The Tea Party - OK not really metal ...more like Jim Morrison fronting Zep ...but I like it ...hard to discribe but ...Great writing , vibe and grooves and he has a good tone .
      Ten - Saraya ..this band has been around for a long time and has put out many albums ..I can't call this metal ...it's AOR style hard rock really but they do have "metal" moments ..very polished band ...but very easy listening and syrupy
      Tension - metalgrind records , long outta print US based Maiden influenced / thrash band ...very dated and there is much better out there , but I have it so I'm including it.
      Tesla - I like the first two albums and then they continued to get more commercial...good players though.
      Testament - ...one of my very faves of all time ...these guys should be bigger than Metallica and Megadeth because they wrote much superior music , well Megadeth was awesome too...but better doesn't always mean popular.
      Thin Lizzy - 'Nuff Said ...I loved the Sykes era ...but who didn't.
      Thoten - Scarlet ...polished metal band with Jim Mythiasin (Steel Prophet) fronting this thing ..for those who love metal such as Angra and the like would like this.
      Threshold - Inside Out records ...very good prog metal band ...I prefer their early works (more aggressive)...but their new stuff would hold their own against Vanden Plas , Pagans Mind , Dream Theatre , Pain of Salvation and etc..
      Throne of Chaos - Inside Out ...man these dudes were total swedish death thrash and they morphed into a full blown prog metal band (now called TOC) that would appeal to any fan of great prog metal ..a bit "moody" ..along the lines of Evergrey at times..
      Thunderhead - CMC international ...hmmmm these guys are OK .."killing with style" is pretty cool ...I heard some of their others and thought it was weak...kinda like Jackyl but heavier and not as gay.
      Thunderstone - Nuclear Blast...these dudes put out two powermetal gems ...very good ...if you dig , Helloween , Gamma Ray , Edguy , Dream Evil and the like ...you can't go wrong with this band!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

wtf?? we haven't talked about true metal for quite a while now it was agreed what we thought true metal was - in case u hadn't noticed we've being debating the nature of ur comments to about other races thats got f all to do with true metal...crazy....

Comment

get used to it, we don't take anything too seriously here, it is a place to have Fun ya know
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

BTW..Mr Derogatory....its best to get to know who you are talking to before making suck foolish statements..

BTW..I'm Bill Z Bub..and I RULE , if you haven't noticed that yet!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

yeah man i know its a place to have fun and i was not taking the debate about true metal at all seriously either [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but the comments did take it a just a bit beyond a joke for me and just because i think that ur comments are racist regardless of ur experiences with other races doesn't make me foolish in the slightest - maybe its you and ur 'ebonic plague'

Comment

The fact is race had EVEYTHING to do with American pop culture thru Music Media here..

MTV got sued by the NAACP for not playing enough "black" artists..Their very first black artist was Michael Jackson debut..The 20 trillion dollar budget "Thriller"..and that was it...

MTV pulled most of their rotation and rather put Eddy Murphy's "Party all the Time" video on instead of Twisted Sister..

Headbangerballs was replaced by Yo MTV Raps..and every Music TV show was playing the same rotation as BET..Much Mucic , VH-1 , MTV..nothing but R&B and Hippity Hop...not a rock or metal video ever to be found again..and by the time they put those videos back on..two years ago..they are so old they look gay now...there ya go...your happy with that???!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

listen to exodus-tempo of the damned for a thew days
                  should get that hairy metal disease out of you [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude you call me a a racist again or even imply it ..I will fly to the UK and we'll Break Dance!!

Comment

• Re: anyone like hair metal?

"listen to exodus-tempo of the damned for a thew days
                      should get that hairy metal disease out of you"

Now your talkin' Brother newbie...see this newbie is cool.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Welcome aboard man!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I'm am,

Bill Z Bub

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Derogatory.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

that's what you call it..OK sure ..Truth / Derogatory ..same thing!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks E... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Hey Mr. Derogatory...I got yer metal for ya...OH YEAH!!!

RIGHT HERE!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

u r true metal dood..ok 4 U..!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Adagio
                        Angra
                        Arachnes
                        The Armada
                        Ark Storm
                        Angel Dust
                        Apocrypha
                        Armageddon
                        Annihilator
                        Arch Rival
                        Ark
                        Artention
                        Astral Doors
                        At Vance ....Olaf Lenk..
                        Avalon
                        Avantasia
                        Axenstar
                        Andromeda
                        Antithesis ...these dicks (kidding) are from my hometown ...signed to Massacre ....and where my singer if from
                        Altaria
                        Alchemy X
                        Afterworld
                        Anguish
                        Agent Steel
                        Balance of Power
                        Beholder
                        Beyond Twighlight ...Jorn Lande on this one!
                        Black Majesty
                        Black Rose
                        Black Smith
                        Blaze ...ex iron maiden...he's much better on his own
                        Blind Gardian
                        Blue Murder....fuckin' John Sykes man!
                        Brazon Abbot
                        Burning Point
                        James Byrd..
                        Brainstorm.............one of the best powermetal band there is!!!
                        Cronic Temple
                        Cydonia
                        Chroming Rose
                        Crystal Eyes ...very good power metal
                        Cacophony ...of course ...freidman and becker ...
                        Cage ...Darker than Black is their best singer sounds like Owens.
                        Candlemass....who in the **** don't own this and why???!!!
                        Cans ...this is singer from Hammerfall with metal Mike C of Halford ....not bad
                        Chinchilla .....cool powermetal they have four out.
                        Circle II circle ..I like this better than anything Tage did since EOT..
                        Cities "anilhilation absolute ...this is a shred clasic from the 80s that still kicks ass today.
                        C.O.E ...ex singer iof Angel dust ...not bad stuff.
                        Conception...these are must have period ..Tore Otsby of Ark and Khan from Kamelot ...amazing stuff!!
                        Concerto Moon one of the best progessive prog metal shredders in Japan ...amazing ****!!!
                        Controled Denied ...OK for all you guys that love the late Chuck S. from death nd the music this is Death with Tim Aymar on vocals who is one hell of a powerhouse singer ....he should of been in Iced Earth....but my boy Tim is doing a fine job I must admit.
                        Conquest...worlds apart ..a littel rainbow/deep purple vibe with a great guitaist ...
                        Cornerstone ...Dougie white front this classic hard rock / melodic metal....not that hard but
                        it's good!
                        Crimson Glory ...the first two release is a must S/T and Trancendence ...amazing upper vox from midnight and awesome song writing and harmonies...
                        **OK now it's time to slip a little nastyness into the mix ..
                        This was my first band that turned me on to more extreme vocal styles ....because the music and guitar playing and tone is so perfect and captivating ...it hooks you instanly ...it is...Coroner...."mental Vortex" ...this would kick your ass even if you thought the vox were a little too harsh ...belive me the music is so fuckin' good...you won't mind the vocals at all....I promise!!!
                        Damned Nation ....
                        Dark Avenger
                        Dark Moore ...spanish powermetal their last one is really good!
                        Deliverance ....yes the christian metal band ...yeah I know I'm a satanist but good riffs are good riffs..
                        Demon Drive
                        Demons & Wizards ...you should know this one..
                        Destillery
                        Destiny ...swedish prog ..
                        Destinys End ....James Rivera (Seven Witches , Hellstar) on vox
                        DGM ...great prog metal band.
                        Digital Ruin ....they put one great prog metal album out and disappeared..
                        Dionysus ...shred o' plenty
                        Dofka ...this is a shred classic ...but good luck finding this one!!
                        Dived Multitude ...very proficent Prog Metal
                        Domine ....total anthemic european power metal.
                        Double Dealer ...Concerto Moon guitarist ...from Japan ...one hell of a player
                        Dragonforce ....this is solid powermetal ...they just released a new one.
                        Dragonland ....yep you got it polished anthemic powermetal
                        Dream Evil ....quirky songwriting with Gus G....he shreds....I like his other projects better but this is still worth checking out .
                        Dreamtale ...nice powermetal from finland on spinefarm
                        Drive ...classic metal with and awesome guitarist
                        Dr. Mastermind ....this has been a favorite of mine for a while ...lots of shred ...but the production is a bit dated ...but I still like it.
                        Dungeon ...new powermetal band on Limb ....pretty tasty straight foward metal.
                        Dylesia ....another powermetal gem with great playing ...and they al;so just put out a new one I didn't get yet!
                        Dyecrest...new metal band on noise ...pretty tasty!
                        Easy Rider ....they are from Spain ...I recommend evilution..
                        Edguy ...awesome powermetal veterens....they just get better and better I'm diggin' them more than Helloween right now..
                        Edendbridge ...another european female fronted melodic metal band ...very good too by the way.
                        Eidolon - Huge fan of these guys ...This is Glen Drover's (X-King Diamong) dark aggressive progressive metal band ....John and I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging with them when they rehearsed at John's place....we got a free show ....nice!
                        Elegy ...bunch of great albulms w Pat Rondat on Geetar
                        Empty Tremor ...one of many DT prog wannabees but these guys stand out because they are very good ...and have their own style..
                        Empire ...ahhh Tony Matin and Lance king sang with these guys...
                        Enertia ....this is a thrahy prog band from chicago that is not really signed to a big label ...but **** I think they are great ...I have all three but I think they may have a new one out..
                        Enola Gay ...straight foward powermetal band on century media label that has a great heavy guitar tone and cool catchy metal tunes..cool ****
                        Epica ...I reviewed this thing and praised it ...I still do ...if you like nightwish ...I'm sure you'll love this ...this chick sings awesome ...their like a ten pice orchestra with them ...it a fuckin' light / dark very epic ...nicely produce stuff ...I like it!
                        Eterna ...italian power metal shredding player ...cool
                        Evergrey ....do I need to say more ...the best band I mentioned so far ...every album a must ...esp.."Recreation Day" ..awesome band..
                        Exihibition ...ex seven witches singer on Limp ...pretty decent.
                        OK this is not powermetal ...it's old school trash with a major kick in the ass.....,
                        Exodus "Tempo of the damned " ...by far one of my most recent favorite albulms ....I love these guys and this ones my favorite ...it fuckin' crushes!!! ...I drove to the store with this in my stereo (loud)....my neck was killin' me when I got home...
                        Fair Wairning ...this guy is one of the best guitarist on the entire planet right next to uli ...he is the closest thing to uli and a good freind and fan of Uli ....he had the same Guitar Co. make him a similair guitar as Roth's ...all those frets and seven strings....amazing BUT ...the music is a bit soft (Journey AOR style)....but the guitar playing is amoung the best you ever heard..
                        Falconer ...a bit cheezy swedish medieval anthemic powermetal ..but they do it with some very likable charm..
                        Fates Warnibg ...especially their early stuff ...nuff saud here.
                        Fifth Angel ...great 80's hard rock / metal with a younger James Byrd on on the axe....again , one of the best.
                        Fight ....Halford ....scott travis ....awesome heavy shredding ....I like!
                        Firewind ...Gus G and Ex Keziner singer in an amazing neo classical power metal band ...this is like YJM's rising force but more aggressive in music style ...great ****!
                        Fifth Reason...These guys are in the same camp as Candlemass , Momento Mori , Hexenhouse , Tad Marose , Memory Garden ...Very Mike Wead style player ...dark progrssive metal ..awesome!
                        Firebird ...this band is a retro 70's styled band fronted by EX Carcass Bill Steer ...very much like Mike Amotts Spritual Beggars and Grand Magus..this sounds totaly authentic ...like you're listening to some killer guitar rock band during the seventies ..like a much heavier Grand Funk ...cool rock / bluesy riffage and tones..
                        Forbidden ...wow ...This is classic **** but it's amoung my favorite ..if you love bands like Santuary , HelStar , early Nevermore ....this kicks ass ....tghe early stuff sounds awesome but it's shows its' age ...with that very classic thrash style..the later suff Tim Calvert (very nice dude) absolutely smokes ...why this guy never got much attention is beyond me ...he later shared lead duties with Lomis in Nevermore....and some night he wemt head to head with Loomis big time ..He's a airline pilot family man now..that shreds like a b1tch..
                        Force Of Evil ...This is Classic Merciful Fate without the King ...Period ...this kicks total fuckin ass ...Denner & Sherman ...**** ....Singer from Iron Fire on Vox..
                        Forte ....this thrsh band has been 'round for a while ....pretty good stuff hevaier than classic metallica with an excellent bassplayer ...he's all over the place ....I don't say that much.
                        Freedom Call ....Helloweens' drummer is in this band and they are a vey polished power metal band if you're into helloween , gamma ray , edguy and such..
                        Freternia ..straight forwrad neo classical power metal from Italy with one of many guitaist there that shreds ..they're worth a mention I guess...but there's better out there.
                        Jack Frost ...Raise you fist to metal ...yeah Jack has his dick stuck in another project and this time it's his own ...Jacks a nuce dude that has some feel amd knows good tone ..(just bought an Uber) ...he's not much of a shredder but he writes a damn good metal song and that's what counts ....he always surrounded by great musicians to support him ...that's cool.
                        Fozzy ....OK I'm not a fag ...My fuckin' kid likes WWE big Time and this is Chris Jericho (Y2J) band who's basically (stuck Mojo) who I don't like because it's Rap Metal.. So I picked this up used ..It's the Happenstance cd witha few originals on it this time ...It's produced by Andy Sneap and so I put it on expexting to hear something very gay ....and it kicked my ass ...these guys could be more serious and put out and whole original thing instead of fuckin' around playing decently played cover songs...This must be his hobby..The originals are very good!
                        Gallaglass....polished powermetal on Limb
                        Gallows Pole ....another half way decnt straight forward metal band on Limb
                        Gamma Ray ....these are pioneers of Powemetal along with Heloween .....a must have ....nuff said..
                        The Gathering ....I was introduced to this band on a sampler from Nightime Birds ...I instantly connect with this chick singer ...annekke ...she was amazing ....unbeliveable is more like it ...the only female singer out their that can give me a chill ...even though the're are several other female singers that are incredible (you know who they are ) ...none of them have what anneke has IMO...unfortunately The gathering has evolved into somewhat of a techno darwave style ...to a point ...I don't dig that direction musically but her voice is captivating and better than ever ...if it wasn't for her I wouldn't give a flyin' **** about The Gathering...
                        GB ARTS ...this is somewhat of a weird project/band ...very epic progressive metal that has moments of greatness then extreme moments of what the **** is this **** ...
                        Godiva ...total straight forward metal witha singer than sounds like love child of Halford and Bon Scott ...very good for those who love straight forward amthemic metal...very traditional metal style..
                        Gothic Knights ....these guys are allright and worth a mention ...they just put out a new one on Limb and seems to be fans of classic Savtage and seem to want to make this obvious ....it's not 'old Tage or even close but's it's not bad.
                        Grand Magus ...Sweden stoner 70s retro fuckers return ...this time darker and heavier ...I love this albulm ....very catchy and just plain good ...spiritual begarr singer on this again ...if you like their first ...this one is much better...for people into Firebird , Spirtual beggars , High On fire , Sheavy and shut like that..
                        Roland Grapow ...Helloween axeman put on two solos ...I highly recommend those into great polished guitar oroented shred albulms to seek thes out ...they are bothe very good.
                        Grave Diger ...when I first heard these guys yaers ago I wasn't too sure of the vocals ....then years later I learned that these guys are major veterans in German Powermetal been puttin stuff out since '82 or so ...I have them all now and my fave is simpl called "The Grave Gigger" this came out a couple of years ago with a new guitarist that definitley has a major Zakk wylde vibe but in a very dark aggressive powermetal format with a throat semi harsh singer ....Chris B ( I hate spellin' his fuckin' name) ...like King Diamong ...Grave Digger wouldn't be Grave digger without him ....Century Media has this copy for sale for a fuckin lousy three dollars ...It's worth a buy!!!
                        Grim Reaper ....never really got into Steve Grimmet also of Lionheart .....but this is classic metal dome decent and was pretty monumental when it came out ...
                        Grip Inc ...Dave Lombardo is a drum god ...but that's stating the obvious ...this time since "metal" is cool again they went back to the vibe of their first two but heavier of course ....not bad.
                        Gun Barrel ...this is my least favorite band on Limb ...they are not a band band really ...it's just that their style is purposely dated it another one of those AC / DC type of heavy metal bands I gor enough of 15 years ago ...but if that's your gig ...give them a try..
                        Guardians Of Time ...very impressive european Progressive metal
                        Genius this is some new multiple star metal project with the likes of Midnight , Mark Boals and such on vox ...pretty great moments ...but it get's a bit boring at times.....but progessive **** can do that to very easily if ther's too much wanking...which seems to plague type of bands.
                        Guardian ...remeber these guys ...this was a christian band with a very tasty guitarist ...they put of three classic albums .....if 80's hard rock ala Ratt , Dokken , Stryper is your thing ...you probably alredy know about these guys..
                        Gutter Sirens ....new european power metal band in the vein of early staratovarius...
                        Gutrix ....this is for the die hard Hank Sherman fans ..like me ...there is some pretty good moments on here that is total sherman ....but it's not a must have ...only for those who must collect anything Mercyful Fate and King Diamond related **** like I do...like Ill Will , Eidolon , Momento Mori , Hexenhouse , and whatever else this camp maybe involved with ....because I usually love it.
                        Heavenly....they get bet with each release very good european powermetal on noise.
                        Heathen....they just reformed I guess....I must investigate.
                        Heaven's Gate....long stanging German powermetal with catch songs and great musicianship..
                        Heavy Pettin' ...remeneber these guys they reminded me of a heavier Def Leppard at the time ...it was a classic to me so I included the,,
                        Heimdall ....Italian Powermetal wi shredolla...
                        Helloween ....this bands need no intoduction...
                        Helstar ....fuckin awesome shred band with the talents of the great Andre Corbin and James Rivera ...this stuff is essential..
                        Hemisphere ....great progessive metal ...
                        Hexenhouse ....Mike wead (momento mori , abstrakt Algebra, Kind Diamond) this is my fvaorite **** in the H section ...a must have ...they have three very out of print discs and one still in print called Deja Voodoo still availuable ...I suggest you get it!
                        Highlord ...Italian Powermetal ...ala Rhapsidy and skylark
                        Highland Glory ....used to be phoenix Rising ...great traditional high calibre powermetal ...
                        Hittman ....classic metal band ....early ninties queensryche influence
                        Hollow ....not bad metal on Nuclear blast ....probably can pick these up as a steal ...very Sanctuary influenced ....I like it.
                        Holy Mother ...these guys have four out all of them good ...Mike Turelli ( Messiha's kiss) is the closest thing to dio you can get and bassis Randy Coven is in this band as well...
                        Halford.....The metal God
                        Hallows Eve ...classic metal from the eighties worth a mention...dated but still kicks ass.
                        Hammerfall ...I think they are a bit overrated ...the first couple were good and they just got a bit cheez to me ....I mean they wrote "hearts on fire " ...I would never write that BS....
                        Hanker ....decent european Maiden wannabes ...that never never nver gets mentioned ...so I'm mentioning them now ...
                        Hawaii .....Marty Freidman's first band ....great two albulms ...essential classic metal ....it's Marty so you know the playing is great!!!
                        Hawk ....remember Doug Marks from metal method this is his album he used to advertise years ago in Guitar World ....it's good ...a bit dated ...but a lot of you like that kind of stuff ...great player..
                        Headstone epitaph....straight forward powermetal worth checking out ..
                        Howe , Greg ....this guy is amoung the best of the best when it comes to playing period ...
                        House of Spirts ...older progressive metal that is very queensryche inspired ...but they have their own sound ...then disappeared...
                        Human Fortress ...Powermetal on the german label Limb ...I like this label ....most of their bands are great for the most part except for a few weenies ...this isn't one of them ...this is pretty good..
                        Hyperion ....straight forward powermetal ....nicely done on Massacre records...
                        Humanimal ...Jeff Scott sotto project worth a damn ....great musicianship as expected ....good stuff.
                        Hades ...I love this fuckin' band ...allan tecchio ...(non fiction , watchtower) on vox and some major tasty metal .....every one of there releases is a gem...kick ass very underated band ....never got the credit they deserve imo..
                        Ice Age ....total Progessive rock / metal alot let less aggressive than the likes of Dream Theatre ...but prog fans would probably like this ...little too proggy for me ....but it's good enough to not trade off for the moment..
                        Iced Earth ...do I need to describe them....no
                        Icon ....s/t ...well that was their best one ...a pretty denet band for 1984 with good guitar playing and straight foward songs..
                        Icycore ...new european prog metal on limb ....This is OK not all that hot ...it's the keys again ....too much keys ...it has good momemts ..
                        Illwill ...this is King Diamonds Andy Laroque solo
                        project basicaly consisting of snowy shaw , Sharlee diangelo and some weird dude singer that sounds like cross btween Udo and Owens ...
                        Impelliteri....awesome fuckin guitarist thats been around for some time doing his neo classical shred ala Malmsteen....this guy would kick Gus G's ass ....Gus is getting better and better though just like Chris has..
                        Innerwish ...another dark progressive power prog band worth a check into..
                        Insania ...european heloween worship ....like so many others ...but they do it good enough to get a mention
                        Invictus ....another european prog poer band of limb ...not bad..
                        Ion Vein ....kick ass aggressive US power prog band that I dig ...aggressive enough for me to truly enjoy..
                        Irone Fire ....man this is like typical european power metal
                        with Vince Niel on vocals ...no **** dude sounds like Vince Neil ....but he doesn't really with Sherman and Denner in Force of Evil....
                        Iron Fortress ...pretty dent prog metal came out almost ten years ago ...guitarist from Levithan I believe ..
                        Iron Fortress ...another decent powermetal band on Limb worth a mention
                        Iron Maiden .......
                        Iron Horse ...Remember Ron Keel ...he was in YJM's first US band Steeler and then his Keel ctap....well he's doing this gay ass country rock that blows IMO ....but this young gutarist is unfuckingbelivable so I keep it just for that ****...he does a smokin' solo on the disc ...see if you can check out an MP3 or somethin.
                        Iron Mask ...Italian YJM rising Force worship ...the dude looks like him , plays like hims and sounds like him ....he's good.
                        Iron Savior ...a absolutely must have with any fans of Gamma Ray and Helloween ...they are one the better powermetal bands out there ..
                        IronWare ....another new band on Limb ...this is straight foward metal kind of like Jag Panzer and Priest....pretty cool..
                        Isengard ....italian Powermetal for fans of Rhasody!!!
                        Ivanhoe ....this is the German progmetal band of Brainstorm, Symphorce singer Andy B Frank ...a hell of a metal singer!!!! This is him in an out of print ten year old prog project that is worth checking out ...it's good!
                        Ivory Tower ...Power / Prog on Limb ...very good calibre band amoung so many others ...recomeded to proggers...like the Krustmeister...
                        Jackal ...no not the US chaninsaw hilbilly ac/DC dudes ...These guys are a real metal band from German that is inspired by Helloween but definitely have and aggrestion and a style all thier own...
                        Jacobs Deam ...a polished metal band from the ohio are that is on metal blade and has two out that sound like early queensryche....darker prog metal
                        Jag Panzer ...these guys are my bots ...really nice dude and some of the best powermetal band in existence ...Chris is a moster guitaris and played with for Nevermore one time ...when they were doube billing ...major major shredder!!!
                        Javelin ...another helloween inspired band that never really got sign to a good label ...
                        Jesters March ...very dark prg / power metal reminecent of early Fates Warning / Queensryche..
                        Jorn ....this a vocal god (Ark . Masterplan) usic writr....The new one is pretty good ...it's Jorn....but "worldchanger" is my all time favorite...awesome!!!!
                        Joshua Perahaia....this is an old shredder back in the the late 80's with dome grat plying and music ....
                        Judad Preist ...ahhhhh these guys suck.....
                        Jaded Heart....AOR hard rock grom Gernamy for those who like their hard rock , pure and driven like it did during the 80's...
                        Jaguar - Powegames ...this a pretty aggresive NWOBHM back in the day ...a bit dated but it was great stuff during that time..
                        Kamelot....these guys rule ....one of the best powermetal bands out there ....they are an original sound and stand out in a huge sea of powermetal from Europe..a must have for fans of theis genre..
                        Katantonia .....for those who like the dark , epic stuff of bands like Opeth and My Dying Bride without the hars vocals ...very melodic and if the harsh vox are there it's used at a minimal..
                        Kenizener ....this is an amazing shred metal band front bu Firewind's singer ang a player that would Gus G. a run for his money!!!
                        Khali ....great Prog Metal ...more pwer than prog ...which I like..
                        King Diamomd ...well he doesn't use harsh vocals ....it's falsetto...
                        King Kobra ...yeah the old band of Johnny Rod (nice mane ...Mark Free when he used to be a dude and Carmen Appice...The first albulb ready to striule came out in '84 and though some of it sounds pretty dated there is some really good songs on this ....stay away from there second one "thrill of a lifetime "...unless you're a homosexual ...then you would probably enjoy this while wearing leg warmers and workin' out to it.
                        KIngs X ....I loved this band up until Dogman ....that's it....then 1/3 the band came out of the closet and totaly lost that edge ...if you're gay and in a metal band ....Please stay in the closet.....for my sake.
                        Killer Dwarfs ....remember these dicks .....not bad stuff for old 80's metal and the guitarist is quite good ....dated but ...oh well..
                        Killing Machine ....Michael Vecsera fronted this project a few years ago ....not bad.
                        Kotipelto ....Very good band of Ex Stratovarius singer ....this is probably going to be better than anything else Timmo Toki and gang will put out since he lost his mind ...I could be wrong ...we'll see.
                        Krux ...awesome doom metal like candlemass , momento mori , memeory Garden ...etc. fronted by vocal god Mats Levins....**** yeah!!!!...
                        Laaz Rockit....how can't I include them..
                        Labyrinth...italian power prog band...good too
                        Lucuna Coil ....I think you know this band by now
                        Lana Lane ...this chick is into power prog and she does a fine putting together some great stuff...a bit mild for me ...but very tasty
                        Last Crack....anyone else love these guys ....I fuckin' love them
                        Lanfear ....excellent prog metal on massacre ...very good!
                        Leash Law ...Wade Black and Metal Mike doing this thing ...straight foward metal ...not bad .
                        Jake E Lee ...his solo ....yeah I know it doesn't have words but it's there and he's cool ...so I posted it
                        Legend Maker ...italian Powermetal....shredding solos
                        Lethal ...awesome .....very recommended to any fan of old Queensryche and Fate Warning ...awesome.
                        Lemur Voice ...very prog this is that shredder dude from Sun Caged ...I'm too lazt to get up and look at his name ....I'll call him shredder dude.
                        Liege Lord ....kind of important back in the day ....a bit cheezy now IMO...but if you like classic metal ....this is good.
                        Lion Share ....very good Power prog metal bamd...they have five releases....I only have three.
                        Liquid Tension Experiment...yeah another instrumental album by John Petrucci and freinds ....great stuff for Petrucci fans....there's two albums
                        Leviathan ...these guys came and went into obscurity ...very good stuff
                        Lizzy Borden ...pretty important band banck then ...classic stuff
                        Lorien ...for those who really like their european power metal super cheezy...this would be good for you
                        Lost Century ....prog metal ...they put one out and that was it
                        Lost Horizon...unbeliveably cheezy but very highly talented , extremely proficient power metal ...like Manowar and Helloween's love child ...very good for powermetal lovers.
                        Loudness....Japanese EVH.....awesome band Akira kills Ed now..(Sad Gremlin)
                        Lynch Mob ....just put out a new one George shreds his ass off but I'd rather hear some new originals ...instead of ruining the classics..but the solos are great.
                        Lemans...band of ex Enuff Z Nuff Derik Frigo just prior...his best work IMO...a bit dated but fans of his would be OK with that.
                        Lordian Gaurd ...Powermetal....that's it.
                        Lullacray ...not bad goth band fromted by some chick...opening for Nightwish on their current tour.
                        Last Tribe ...the best for last ...this music is a bit to light for my taste....but Magnus Karlsson ( Midnight Sun....getting to that one)is fuckin' amazing ....now this is shredding!!!
                        Mad Max ....remeber these guys...
                        Madsword ...good prog metal ...on underground Symphont records..
                        Magic Kingdom ...anyone into YJM would like this ...oliver Hartman (ex at vance) is on vox
                        Magnitude 9 ...these guys evolve into neo classical power prog into real proggy powermetal....good stuff
                        Majestic ....this is essential for neo clasical powermetal fans..
                        Majesty ....ahhhh cheezy , watered down Manowar ....the world only needs ONE Manowar..
                        Manilla Road ....Mark Shelton's been hackin' at this long time running metal band ...not for everyone ...it's either you love it or you hate it ....I love it only sometimes..
                        Manowar....I like 'em ...I put their stuff on once in a great while ...not so much these days..
                        Manticora ...awesome powermetal band in vein of classic Iced Earth..with a dash of prog..
                        Marauder....this is greek power metal ...so it sounds excatly like greek power metal..
                        Marillion ...have to mention them ...I'm not a big fan though
                        Marshal Law ...classic metal band much like Preist!!
                        Alex Masi ...he's been busy putting some amazing stuff out ...better than ever before..
                        Masquerade ...Surface was pretty cool with dio-esque vocals ...Flux is much more modern and lamer!!
                        Mastermind...great neo classical prog metal
                        Masterplan ....awesome power prog from Jorn Lande / Roland Grapow..a must have ...check it out!!
                        Mattson ...Lars eric Mattson ...awesome guitarist worth checking out if never done so ...kinda Uli like in some ways ...great player..
                        Mayadome ...Really cool power prog metal...
                        Meduza ...awesome power metal produced by shredder Mike Wead..
                        Megadeth .....hmmmm never heard of them
                        Mekong Delta ...this is very technical different classic stuff ...I love it ....I know some people won't....who also knows about them??
                        Meliah Rage ....put out three thru the 90's ...very early metallica ...but hard their own cool vibe..
                        Memento Mori ...this is a must for any candlemass / mike wead (hexenhouse, illwill , king diamond) ...candlemass frontman messiah marcolin is on three ...Deejavoodoo is great and has Kristian on vox..
                        Memory Garden ...funny how these two are close together ...again essenstial for any fan of candlemass...I love 'em
                        Mercury Rising....good power prog metal
                        Mercy ...here come messiah Marcolin' again this was his band before candlemass...just re-issued
                        Merciful Fate .... John really into these guys before me ....I never cared for King's vocals ...John gave me a few to listen to long ago ....and I never looked back since....one of my very favorite bands of all time!
                        Mesmerized ...very cheezy peter pan metal ...if you like this sort of thing ...you'll love this .
                        Messiah's Kiss ....very cool powermetal band ...Mike Turelli (holy mother) on vox ...he sounds like Dio big time!!!
                        Metal Church...love 'em
                        Metalium ...they have four now ...Jack Frost was on the second one ...Chris caffery was on the first ....If you like Dream Evil , Savatage , Lost Horizon...I would assume you would love this stuff as well...
                        Metallica .....ahhhhh **** them!
                        Mezarkabul ....very cool doom metal band from Turkey also known as Pentegram
                        Midnight Sun ....Magnus Karlsson (Last Tribe) ...has to be one of the most polished shredders I've ever heard ...One of the main dudes in my book!!!!
                        Millinium - This is AOR ....hard rock outfit with Ralph Santolla on guitars and Jorn Lande on Vox ...get "Hourglass" ..their best one.
                        Missa Mercura - another good project with Midnight Sun frontman
                        Mob Rules ..anyone into Gamma Ray / Helloween / Freedom call....needs this ..
                        Mollo Martin / Martin ...The Cage I and II ...Tony Martin and Dario Mollo team up for some quality shred hard rock / metal
                        Montany ...very good power metal with some good shredding to boot.
                        Moondoc - a lot of people seemed to have passed this by ...but it is a decent release if your into accept and the likes of Sinner
                        Moonlight Circus ...italian prog band also known as Black Jester ..Prog nuts would like this
                        Moon of Steel ...italian Prog Metal with upper range singer that sounds like Ozzy at times..
                        Morgana Lefay ----- a must have ...true power metal ...now know as "Lefay" anyone into ' Tage / Tad Marose and the like would like this big time!!
                        Morifade - very good power metal outfit that had developed very well over the years ...now produced by Andy LaRoque..
                        Mr. Kite ....I've been hearing a huge buzz about the guitarist in this band for a while ...I got it and was a bit disappointed ...there is much better players out there ...but not bad to be honest..
                        Mullmuzler - James Labrie ...project ....not really my bag but it's done very well ...I'd leave this to the hardcore Dream Theatre fans to decide .
                        Mrs . Hippie - a project that was Jocaim Cans band before Hammerfall ...I swore this was a chick singer before I learned it was Cans ....I'm not a big fan of Hammerfall to be honest ..Cans always lacked power in my book!
                        Mundanus Imperium - Jorne Lande fronts this very mediocre band ...there is a cover of Rainbow's "Stargazer" ...Lande has an incredible voice ...but that band doesn't do him justice.
                        MVP - The Mike Vescera Project ...ex- Loudness / Malmsteen singer
                        Myon - pretty weak Prog Metal IMO on Noise records ....I'm losing my love for prog metal ..too many bands with overzealous keyboard players out there cheezing up the place ..
                        Mystic Force -- Awesome band ...like a more proggy / aggressive old Queensryche...
                        Mysical Warning - a european poer prog band with a good guitarist..
                        Mystic Prophesy - Gug G's band ...need I say more.
                        Mystic ...a cleveland Jem that was on massacre records over a decade ago ...features members of purgatory and Mushroom head ....but sound much better that both bands ....especially that gay Mushroomhead music...nice guys but I hate their music!!!
                        N8 - on scarlet records ...pretty cool dark progessive with a doomy vibe ..
                        Narnia - for those who like Dream Evil and Firewind ...this should be a No Brainer ....this dudes plays like YJM ...he's very good ...this is trult christian metal ...in a Rising Force vibe.
                        Nasty Savage ...they are trying to make a comeback I suppose ...but I heard the new stuff and it's horrible ....I'm talking Penetration point and the early stuff ...I'm a sucker for old "Thrash" in general..
                        Nevermore ...One of my favorite metal bands of all time ...I ove this band ...there is only ONE Nevermore and only one Warrel and Loomis that I know of and they are perfection at their crafts.
                        New Eden ...Us band ...very cool Helstar / Destiny's End vibe ...now they just released a new one w ex Steel Prophet voz Mythisan..
                        Nightingale - This is Dan Swano mostly know for his work in Edge Of Sanity and many of his other death project ....but this is his lighter side ...he's has a great clean voice and writes some damn fine progressive hard rock tunes ...this man knows his **** ..producing , writing and a very diverse artist in general..
                        Nightmare ...I think fans of classic Savatage would probably dig this band ..but they are from France ...aren't we suppose to boycott these guys ....I still eat French Fries ...**** It.
                        Nightshade ...hmmmm this was a decent straight fpward metal band that came out around ten years ago ...not bad stuff.
                        Nightwish ...I love this band ...got all their stuff ....and their new one in on it's way ...Tarja is the ****!
                        Nocturnal Rites ....One of the best Power metal bands out there today ...I strongly recommend their last three starting with Afterlife / Shadpland / Their new "New World Messiah" is a MUST HAVE with power metal fans!!!
                        Non - Fiction ....classic stuff man ...I love this stuff ..Allan Tecchio (WatchTower,Hades) in a more straight forward format ...like a more metal Alice in Chains..
                        John Norum (Europe , Dokken) ....get any damn album he's put out ...every one of them is great ...he's an amazing player in the same calibre with John Sykes and Gary Moore in my opinion ...he's great!!!
                        Nikolo Kotzev's Nostradamus ...this is a epic ,,, somewhat tedious Metal / Rock Opera with a shitload of Metal guest stars ..it has it's monemts ....but nothing that will kick your nads.
                        Nostradameus ....European more power than prog ...pretty decent stuff really ...they have thre out ...dudes into Crystal Eyes / Morifade / Paragon would dig this..
                        Novembre ...I dunno this one is hard to describe ..it's on Century Media ..It's melodic , it's doomy ....oops forget it....it has dirty vocals ...this goes on the other list ...disregaurd....well it has half clean , half growl
                        Nuclear Assault ...I'm a sucker for old thrash and these bastards put out some good stuff..
                        Odessy ...this is a prog rock three song EP project by Dan Swano ....only three songs ...this was a major tease ...because it's very good.
                        Omen ....these long standing thrash / Doom metal band ...definitely worth a mention ...they get very little mention ...
                        Onward ...they have two reeleases out on Century Media ..with a "shredder" guitarist....yes he shreds but just not nearly as good as most of the players I worship..
                        Opposite Earth - Pretty Decent prog metal band on Limb...more mid tempo stuff..
                        Opus Alantica - On Regain ...this is a awesome release from the neo classical prog metal band ...very good ...recommended for fans of power/ neo classicla Prog.
                        Oratory - another decent prog metal band on Limb ...not bad
                        Original Sin ...this is out of print and hard to find ...this came out in 95 and is pretty damn good straight forward metal with a very polished guitarist..
                        O.S.I. ....this is a multi prog celebbrity wank fest ....way too proggy for me ....but I have definitely heard worse ...I liked this "Once" when I weas stoned ....so I keep it.
                        Overkill....jeez ....these guys always kicked ass ....just saw them and they rock!
                        Ocean Machine ...this is far the worst side project I have ever heard Devin Towsend do ....what the hell is this crap ...
                        Odin ....remember these guys ....early 80's ....yep these are those guys ...they put out some decent stuff for the time before they went cheezy and dies.
                        Ozzy Osbourne ....never heard of him..
                        October 31st....King Foley has been hack away at metal for a very long time ...no labels , mostly all out of his pocket , and a very cool dude when I met him ...This is very old school agressive Heavy Metal in very raw form...at times pretty damn good too....I must give him credit for believing in metal ...when nobody seemed to care....I can relate.
                        Paradox - classic thrash from Germany not my bro John's old metal cover band ...BTW John can do Savatage very very good!
                        Pagan's Mind ...a must have for any prog fan ....this is great stuff.
                        Pain of Salvation.....very different prog metal with a touch of of mid era queensryce vibe in there....great singer.
                        Palace of Black ...this is pretty good Mike Vescara in a doomy mid tempo format ...not bad stuff.
                        Panic ....cool old thrash band I digged.
                        Pan Ram ....ahhhh this is very queensryche inspired ....it's OK a bit cheezy ....there is much better things to get...if you come by it cheap then get it.
                        Paragon ....very excellent straight foward metall ...this is as metal as it gets ....traditional metal done very well
                        Paralysis - These prog metal band seems to try to come off as nevermore but not nearly as profienct ...not bad ...some moments of coolness on this ..
                        Pathos - excellent band on massacre ....mix candlemass with nevermore and you get the idea ...I really like this band.
                        Pegazus - these cheesballs put out about five releases out they have improved with each realease but this a bit cheezier than the cheeziest of Manowar ....it's done quite well ...well made cheez!
                        Pell Axel Rudi ---OK I have about 18 albums of his stuff ...that;s a lot of stuff he keeps putting stuff out every year....with all the players I listen to I fing that even thought this guy is an experienced payers ....he shows many flaws in his craft....his plays out of key ...he gets very sloppy when attempting to shred and does a lot of very simplistic one line harmonies ...he has written many good / decent songs thru the years ....but In a sea Of pure virtuocity ....he falls extremely
                        Perlepes Angelo - Mystery ....Neo Classical done by this dude worthy checkin' out very rising force influenced.
                        Personal War - Victor Smolski guest on this classic metallica vibe to the band ...old school thrash with a modern twist ...pretty decent stuff.
                        Phantomlord ...these braziallian or could be greek ( I dunno) each disc theyput out ....not unlike Stygmata IV and newer Morifade.
                        Phantoms Opera ....Hey guys this is Mike Romeo's ban before Symphony X ....it's very light like Journey with Mike Romeo doing some smokin' solos..of course.
                        Pharoah - after the fite ...This is like american Maiden ...very good band and song writing ...truly Power metal with Tim Aymar on vox ( contoled denied) ...I think it's a great relese ...better tha the new Iced Earth...IMO
                        Phoenix Risng ...Italian Powermetal .....medieval themes , knights , battle ...they changed their name now to Highland Glory..
                        Pink Cream 69 ....not bad hard rock / metal with helloween Andy Deris on vocals ...I like the older stuff with hin on it..
                        Planet X ...a three piece carzy fusion band with shredder Tony MacAlpine.
                        Platitude ....On Scarlet Italian Dark Progmetal of very High calibre..
                        Poisonblack ...theis is for fans of mid era Sentenced ...it the singer for Sentenced playing guitar ....it's a pretty good albulm ...I like bett that Senetences last two releases.
                        Power Of Omens --very good prog metal in the vein of early queensryche....a bit more aggressive,
                        Powegod -The straight foward power metal dudes put out four decent metal albulms ...I guess the singer just joined my home town dudes ...Winters Bane (ripper's old band)..
                        Powerqest ....very romatic , phantasy metal with a very polished production and nice packaging ....for fans of Rhapody , Skylark and such..
                        Power Symphony -Italian dark epic metal with a cute italian chick that kind of sounds lik Bjork ....not bad ..
                        Pretty Maids ....these guys a ton of releases but they are probably best known for "Futureworld" that was a big Z Rock staple..
                        Primal Fear ....simply German Judas Preist ....the closest band you can get next to Halford or Preist ...Ralph Scheepers sand foe Gamma Ray and Tyran Pace...
                        Prototype ....well one are members of this band is one of our Goombas ...and he's a damn fine player ....I hear a bit of fluidity that I hear from Loomis from this dude....great band!
                        Psycho Drama - prety cool Queensryche inspied power prog band worth checkin into.
                        Pscho Motel ....Side project of Adrian Smith (Maiden) nothing like Maidn but very good ...I like this stuff.
                        Perry Ian , Consortium project ....Elegy's frontman doin' some prog metal on this side....prog fans would probably like this a little more than I do...
                        Q5 ...the band of Floyd Rose himself inventer of the locking trem ...very straight forward mid tempo metal ..Steel the light is a 1985 classic ...when the mirror cracks is a much weaker effort
                        Queensryches ...they used to be a metal band but something happend to them after Empire ...they kept gettin' gayer!
                        Quiet Room ...not a bad Prog metal band on Metal Blade ..
                        Racer X ...in 1986 we were introduced to a new 16 year old guitar god ...Paul Gilbert...take Preist and hyper neo classical shred and put 'em together...essential stuff!
                        Radakka ...pretty decent straight forward metal on Century Media ..
                        Random Damage ....ex-Annihilator drummer band ...a watered down annihilator ...not bad ...out of print now .
                        Rage ...This german SOBs been at a very long time ..for fans of Savatage and early Metallica ...Victor Smolski is a killer player!
                        Rainbow..not really metal but a band that inspired metal regardless ...Ritchie and Dio had a great chemistry...the Joe lynn Turner and Graham Bonnet era was OK too...but not as cool IMO
                        Rain fell within...these guys and gal just put out a long EP then poof ...shame because this girl has an amazing voice similiar to Tarja's style of Nightwish ...Opera vox over symphonic double kickin' metal with a goth overtone.
                        Ratt...never heard of them ..I was hooked on these guys when they came out ...if you played guitar at the time ..who wasn't.
                        Raven ...never really broke big because they put out some pretty weak stuff ...but they did put out a couple decent albums early on.
                        Rawhead Rexx ...these guys are GREAT ...very aggressice metal with two cool shredders that play awesome Jackson ...upper range very good singer and great songwriting and production ...check into these guys!
                        Razor ...friggin' classic thrash from Germany ..finally re-issued ...truly classic ...the originals commanded $100 on the bay not long ago
                        Rebellion ...ex-Grave gigger guitarist sonwriter new band..their first is a very epic ..the music is very cool but in between songs is a BS tale of Macbeth ..their next was a complete turn around and is too straight foward ...but not bad.
                        Redemption ..Steel Prophet singer Rick Mythiasin and Jackson player / Agent steel guitarist Bernie Versailles cool Prog Metal project..
                        Red Wine...excellent spanish metal band (words in spanish) on Arise ..fans of Blind Guardian and Maiden would like this ...But I don't speak spanish...
                        Regime The ...hmmmm an obscure Molten metal release with a pretty good guitarist ...don't know too much about these guys ..I guess this would be traditional thrash metal ...with some shreddin'....not to shabby.
                        Reign of Terror ...this is the band of neo classical shredder Joe Stump ...there is four release all together but only two were released domestically on Limb ..Mike Vescera (loudness Rising Force)on vox..great stuff.
                        Reingold .... awesome bassist Jonas Reingold is a great player and put together a band for fans of virtuoso shred ala Malmsteen
                        Reptillian ...very cool Rainbow influeced band from Sweden on Regain records...good stuff
                        Reverend ...CLASSIC thrash and traditional metal of ex- metal church David Wayne ...I love this stuff!!
                        Revoltons ....talented new prod metal band on Limb records.
                        Rhapsody ...The italian kings of European Anthemic Power Metal ...almost over produced (not in a bad way) and sweet packaging ...a bit cheezy but this style of metal is ..Luca Turelli is a great player!
                        Ring Of Fire ...awesome Prog Metal of the great Tony MacAlpine and Mark Boals (rising force)..
                        Riot ...these guys been here for a very long time ...and a very large library of material ...I like their later when Halford/Watchtower Drummer Bobby Jarzombek joined them in '96.
                        Rising Faith ...great new aggressive power metal band on Limb records ...cool traditional metal songwriting and good production..
                        Ritual..an old Massacre release of an old friend of mine from Cleveland ..pretty good traditional / thrash metal with upper range vox ...I just recorded with two of these guys ..
                        Romeo Mike ...The dark Chapter ...His 1994 solo album of amazing instrumental shred...one of the great new guitar gods indeed!
                        Rob Rock ....put out two solo albums Rage of creation is Roy Z a truly amazing player ...his second solo is an all star shredfest ...lots of shreddin' ...almost too much!
                        Roth David Lee ...Vai , Sheehan , Goldy , Becker , John Lowery ...he never had a problem picking awesome players ..too bad his time is over and he looks like the cryptkeeper now..I guess he'll finish his carrer in Las Vegas..
                        Roth Uli Jon ...my very favorite guitar god ...can't sing worth a crap ...but nobody can touch him in the art of guitar playing imo..The king of kings..
                        Rough Cutt ...anyone who worshipped the likes of Dokken / Ratt had to have these two studio albums in their collection ...still holds up today ...great guitar playing and the great Vocals of Paul Shortino (what a wanker)...
                        Rough Silk ...pretty cool darl Prog metal band with about five releases under their belt ...Savatage fans would probably dig this.
                        Royal Hunt ..Long running melodic prog metallers ...not vey aggresive but very tasty nonetheless...
                        Running Wild ..The metal Pirates ..arrrrrrgh (Pirate themes) put out a crapload of German metal ..for fans of Accept , Grave Digger and classic Preist..
                        Sabbat...essential classic dark metal ...big time producer andy sneap on guitar
                        Sacred Reich ...don't know why these guys wern't bigger..
                        Sacred Steel ..Power/battle metal with a singer you'll either loathe or like.
                        Samson ..the old band of Bruce Bruce (Bruce Dickinson)
                        Santuary ..you don't own these why in the hell not ...Warrel and Jim's band before Nevermore
                        Sanvoisen ...very cool power prog band ...I like these guys not much DT wanking , more straight forward.
                        Savatage ...died when Criss died ...Handfull of rain had some moments ..all downhill from there.
                        Saxon ...classic metal anthems and some very good new power metal material as well.
                        Scanner ...cool german thrash / power metal ...now they have a chick singin' and it's pretty crappy.
                        Scorpions ...never heard of them ...Uli was in this band ...so I love them...get everything up to Savage Amusement..downhill and tired from there ..they just put out a new one ...it'll make the cut out bins soon enough.
                        Scream , The ...classic 80's metal / rock with Bruce of Racer X and John Corabi..good stuff ..a bit dated but good.
                        Sculpture ..this is a catchy album ..ex darkseed vox ..sounds a bit like later era sentenced and Metallica black era..not bad...takes a few listens
                        Seasons of the wolf ..This is a different listen ..the singer has a high range that sound a bit like Kind Diamond at times .. musicianship is allright but the music is better than the sum of their parts...it's OK
                        Secret Sphere ..great european power prog if you're into that sorta thing.
                        Sentenced ...one of my faves ..Frozen and Down are must haves (clean vox) ...I also like their first couple when they sounded a lot heavier (death vox).
                        Seventh Avenue ...elaborate power prog on massacre..
                        Seventh Force ..I had this forever ..not bad but it's showing it's age ..which means cheezy in a metal kinda way
                        Seventh Omen ..pretty decent thrash band produced by Mustaine ..somewhat megadethish in ways.
                        Seventh One ..elaborate straight forward powermetal on massacre ..not bad.
                        Seven Wishes ..good band along the lines of classic dokken ..good guitarist and vox.
                        Seven Witches...Jack Frost's baby ..line up changes which each release ..the latter stuff with James Rivera is better.
                        Shadow Gallery ..a MUST have for any progmetaller into Symphony x and the like ...the guitarsts smoke.
                        Shadowkeep ...very good band sounds a bit like classic queensryche..on limb
                        Shakra ..very polished hard rock / metal with a guitarist with a great tone and feel ..pretty enjoyable for those who like straight ahead metal that's not extreme.
                        Shaman ...a must have for any one into Angra / Helloween and Gamma Ray ...great powermetal.
                        Shining Fury ...a decent newer powermetal release on metal blade ..one of the very few powermetal bands on this label lately
                        Shock Machine ..bassist of helloween ...not great ..but not bad straight forward metal
                        Shotgun Messiah ...Harry Cody anyone ..this guy was making a big name for himself until grunge did metal in..classic stuff...a bit dated but fun.
                        Silencer ...great US thrash band ..they put out one long ep and that was it.
                        Silent force ..very essential for powermetal fans ..into Iron Savior / Preist and the like
                        Silver Blade ...decent power metal from brazil ..not bad.
                        Silver Mountain...this is yngwie's first band when he was in sweden ..home band of the Johanssons ..very Rainbow influenced ..the first two were costly inports that has just been re-issued ..yngwie iy not on any album..good guitarist though.
                        Silver Seraph - Regain records..this is a must have with any neo classical shred / Proggy fan!!!
                        Sinergy - Awesome female female fronted shred powermetal ..COB's Laiho's "other" band"..
                        Sinner - Nuclear Blast ...Matt Sinner bassist of Primal Fear main band ...he's been hackin' at this for a while and the music shows...anyone into great straight foward powermetal ala Primal Fear...must have this stuff.
                        Skitzotic - Long Island records ...this came out in '94 and was pretty decent at the time ...straight foward metal.
                        Skullview - RIP records ...these guys have three releases out ...very cool aggressive powermetal with a slice of cheese.
                        Skyclad - Nuclear Blast ..Ex sabbat frontman's folk metal band ..very folkish but aggressive enough to be metal.
                        Skylark - Underground Symphony..Italian Ornate Powermetal along the lines of fellow dagos Rhapsody...shredder Eddie Antonini also has a couple solo disc out as well.
                        Solitude - Red light records..."from withn" ...this came out ten years ago ...not bad straight forward metal band.
                        Solitude Aeturnus - Pavement...these Doom gods are one of my favorite Doom metal bands ..ala early Candlemass / Momento Mori...
                        Sonata Artica - Century Media ..swedish powermetal band that rocks..
                        Southpaw - Z records..Mats Levins fronts this cool hard rock ala later day Van Halen project.
                        Space Oddessy - "Embrace the galaxy" on Regain .. A must have for neo classical shred / prog metal fans ...awesome!
                        Spastik Ink - Crazy instrumental project of Watchtower's Ron Jarzobek...Insane stuff!
                        Sabbtail - Night Church...Mats levens ...great singer fronting this dark metal project.
                        Speeed - Masscare records...One of the many project of guitarist Jack Frost....not bad.
                        Spiral Tower ..Massacre ..great dark progressive metal band...I like this stuff.
                        Spiral Architect - a sceptic's universe..very cool technical prog metal band with a singer that sounds like a Buddy Lacky (pshchotic Waltz) clone.
                        Spirit Web - Stentorian records...very cool chicago based dark prog metal with ex Syris and winterkill members..
                        Spiritual Beggars - Koch ...the best stoner rock band on the planet (IMO) that features the talents of Mike Amott of Arch Enemy.
                        Squealer - AFM / Metal blade ..pretty cool dark powermetal; band for fans of Grave Digger / Helloween and the like.
                        Star One - Space metal ...Inside out..this is Aryeon's Arjen Anthony Lacassens epic ..multi celeb ..very elaborate project...very epic ...pretty cool.
                        Steeler - Shrapnel ..this is the band that introduced us to Yngwie J Whatnot 21 years ago ...frontman Ron Keel on this ...coutesy of shred enthusiast Mike Varney..
                        Steeler - SPV ..two classic shred metal albulm with Axel Rudi Pell "Undercover animal" and "strike back" are true classics.
                        Steel Attack - AFM records..This is straight forward power metal ...dragons , swords and whatnots...
                        Steel Lord - Megahard ..Brazilian power metal along the lines of Grave Digger ...it's OK
                        Steel Prophet - One of my favorite classic power metal bands ...now with a different singer after all these years ...Mythiasin now joined New Eden for the time being.
                        Stormhammer - Century Media ...avergae power metal ..swords and plenty of dragons screaming in the niiiiiiight!
                        Soul Motor - - Metal Blade ..Atomick Tommy McCleddon's of UFO fame's band ...decent hard rock...not bad.
                        Savage - classic NWOBHM band that reminds me of very early def lepard...
                        Spirit Caravan - another stover rock bamd with wino of St Vitus..a bit to "fuzzy" for my liking
                        Stormwind - AWESOME shred band of swedish axeman Thomad Wolf ...great essential stuff neo classicla metal..
                        Stormwitch - One of my favorite classic german metal bands of all time...not for everyone but I love 'em.
                        Shock Paris - Cleveland's Shock paris ..classic straight forward metal band that will be eventually re-issued on Auburn records..with bonus material..
                        Storyteller's Rain - metal musical project with a bunch of dude from Helloween , Edguy , Rage and more..
                        Joe Stump - this dude rips on guitar ...his reign of terror stuff is great also.
                        Strapping Young Lad - this is a great album to start off with if you want something a bit harsher without the growls ...he shouts a lot that's Devin' style ..but Gene Hoglan smoke on this ...one of the best drummers in the world..IMO
                        Stratovarius - awesome prog / power metal band ..If you don't about these guys by now ...you truly like under a rock.
                        Stream - nothing is sacred ..Pavement records..this is a decent hard rock album consisting od Eric Carr and and bass legend Bob Daisley..
                        Street Legal - Thunderdome ..frontiers records ...This band sound like Blue Murder and Sykes era Lizzy..or like a John Norum cd..
                        Stryper - ...hell how can you not mention these guys ..they're great players ..They do sound a bit dated these days ...but this Satanists likes these guys.
                        Stigmata IV - Noise ..I love this German dark Powermetal band ..I have all thier stuff which is five releases in all ..great guitarist ...cool stuff ...pretty different but in a very cool way....anyone into Savtage would dig this.
                        Sun Red Sun - this is a old project of the late Ray Gillian ..pretty decent hard rock metal ..Al Ramono on guitar and Chris Caffery has a guest spot on it...anyone into Badlands would dig it.
                        Superior _ excellent Prog Metal band they only have three discs out and have been around for a while ...pretty heavy guitar tone and tasty songs..anyone into Vanden Plas , Dream Theatre would like this.
                        Supershine - Metalblade ..This is a project of Bruce Franklin (trouble) and Kings X frontman Doug Pinnick ...that's right it sounds like both bands put together.
                        Sword - This is classic stuff...anyone remeber this band?
                        Supreme Majesty - Massacre records ...cool power / prog metal ...
                        Sygnet, The - A must have for anyone into Power metal with a neo clasical flavor..good stuff.
                        Silent Voice - Crash records..Great Prog Metal band ...good song writing and some cool riffage.
                        Sykes , John ...one of my favorite players of all time ...a huge inspiration of Zakk Wylde along with Frank Marino....amazinging players..Whitesnake , Tygers of Pang Tang , Thin Lizzy , Blue Murder and his solo stuff...he'd make a great guitarist for Dio in my opinion...besides the obvious YJM.
                        Symphony X - well what can I say ...these guys smoke DT ...Mike Romeo is unreal ..Petrucci is very good but he's no Mike Romeo and there is no comparison whatsoever between Russel Allan and James Labrie...you can't argue that.
                        Symphorce - Metalblade ..Brainstorm's Andy B. Frank's other band ...and a great powermetal band it is ...a must have IMO
                        Syris - chicago based dark prog metal band ...I like it ...very cool stuff ...not bad
                        Syrinx - alot like Syris ..another cool dark prog metal band...on seasons of mist.
                        Sacred Oath - classic 80's metal a mix between Mercifule Fate and Maiden...not bad
                        Sieges Even - pretty technical progressive metal ...a technical Queensryche sort ...cool.

Tad Marose - Century Media...damn these dudes are essential as far as I'm concerned ...every release is good to great...if you dig Lefay , Candlemass , Noctunal Rites ...this is a no brainer.
                        Tafolla, Joey - X-Jag Panzer guitarist and Shrapnel guitar soloist alumni..one of the greats!
                        Tai Pan - shark records ...this is outta print and cool as hell.
                        Takara - Saraya ..long standing band with several Rainbowish styled hard rock / metal albums...good stuff ...good guitarist...but not too heavy.
                        Talas - the band that broke bassist Billy Sheehan's popularity before DLR.
                        Talamaska - Decent dark progressive powermetal along the lines of King Diamond and Helstar ...but not as polished.
                        Tarantula - AFM records ..these dudes are pretty good ...polished powermetal that is light on the cheeze and good at sonwriting...a great powermetal band.
                        Tarot - Regain records , Hell Yeah ..this is Marco's ..bassist of Nightwish's band ..he has some major lungs that sound like a cross between dio and well someone a bit harsher ...good stuff ...highly recommended...This get's a lot of play at home.
                        The Tea Party - OK not really metal ...more like Jim Morrison fronting Zep ...but I like it ...hard to discribe but ...Great writing , vibe and grooves and he has a good tone .
                        Ten - Saraya ..this band has been around for a long time and has put out many albums ..I can't call this metal ...it's AOR style hard rock really but they do have "metal" moments ..very polished band ...but very easy listening and syrupy
                        Tension - metalgrind records , long outta print US based Maiden influenced / thrash band ...very dated and there is much better out there , but I have it so I'm including it.
                        Tesla - I like the first two albums and then they continued to get more commercial...good players though.
                        Testament - ...one of my very faves of all time ...these guys should be bigger than Metallica and Megadeth because they wrote much superior music , well Megadeth was awesome too...but better doesn't always mean popular.
                        Thin Lizzy - 'Nuff Said ...I loved the Sykes era ...but who didn't.
                        Thoten - Scarlet ...polished metal band with Jim Mythiasin (Steel Prophet) fronting this thing ..for those who love metal such as Angra and the like would like this.
                        Threshold - Inside Out records ...very good prog metal band ...I prefer their early works (more aggressive)...but their new stuff would hold their own against Vanden Plas , Pagans Mind , Dream Theatre , Pain of Salvation and etc..
                        Throne of Chaos - Inside Out ...man these dudes were total swedish death thrash and they morphed into a full blown prog metal band (now called TOC) that would appeal to any fan of great prog metal ..a bit "moody" ..along the lines of Evergrey at times..
                        Thunderhead - CMC international ...hmmmm these guys are OK .."killing with style" is pretty cool ...I heard some of their others and thought it was weak...kinda like Jackyl but heavier and not as gay.
                        Thunderstone - Nuclear Blast...these dudes put out two powermetal gems ...very good ...if you dig , Helloween , Gamma Ray , Edguy , Dream Evil and the like ...you can't go wrong with this band!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha Hooooooooooooooo
                        I'm educated again [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

You da man
                        [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        What a list!!!!!!!!!
                        thanks bud!

Comment

ok i obviously am not aware of what happens in america with regards to these things and i appreciate what u've just said and i can see what u mean by the comment now
                          but u must be aware that comments like that will be percieved differently by someone not familiar with whats going on in america man alrite? we already got over race a long time ago over here and there isn't a big racial divide apart from the one being caused by the US's war on terror

PS but i already like exodus....there's no hope for me...:P

Comment

That's all Power and Prog metal bro...TRUE METAL..

I stopped at the Ts..I just gave up..I have gotten MUCH more since I posted that originally..so I must update it..one of these days!

Then I was going to do a Death metal list..

Then Black Metal

and The whole Swedish / Death- Thrash Genres..

"GENRES" are important..because most people who like power/prog metal do NOT like Death/Black metal..and visa versa..

But all of these genre are equally talented and sometimes members are quite interchangable..several awesome players in these bands will cross over to Power metal to Death Metal such as Gus G , Gene Hoglan , Richard Christy , The Amott brothers , and such..

Comment

"PS but i already like exodus....there's no hope for me...:P"

OK man..you haven't got to know me yet. When you do , one or two things will happen. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

A..You'll friggin' love me....

B..You'll friggin' hate my guts.

either way..

I'll always be me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Bill Z Bub.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

just shut up and take notice i know bill from past experience's and the guy'S like the usa version of the late tommy vance R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X