GreenDay Concert review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GreenDay Concert review

aww cmon Don.... I have Bernies album.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      aww cmon Don.... I have Bernies album....

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok,...ok..I still lik'em, but who suckered you into that Bernie album [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      My kids bought it for me for Christmas last year, so I thought I'd listened to it in the car, on the way to work, but after my forehead bounced off the dashboard a couple of times, from boredom, I stored it away with my collection of U2, Blink 182, Dave Matthews and Bay City Rollers albums,.....never to be heard again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

ROFL....nah i bought it on my own. I saw a vid clip of him and thought he had some good licks. Not driving music for sure but the little lady didn't seem to mind it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] It worked [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

OK, I gotta say I don't like them for one reason only - That fake sex pistols snot nosed kid voice.

But seriously, I could get over it and have a good time if someone wanted to go to the show or the album was on the radio.

I'll take a Joey Belladonna or Halford squeal like you are caught in a vice over that particular vocal 'affect' anytime.

I liked the sex pistols cause I believe that voice was his, I find it hard to believe the green day dude isn't just trying to cop a fake accent.

Glad you had a great time John.

I may just catch them if they come around these parts sometime anyway cause it sounds like a good time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

they need to let their touring 4th, the guitarist, join the band. other than that I like em. talented guys.

and the origin of their name is funny too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I've got nothign bad to say about green day. I like the lyrics to their new album.

I don't like them enough to buy an album though. heh.

they're better than the emo shit that's the new fad, for sure. green day = good punk.

Comment

they braved the storms of Nu , Rap and Grunge..

and still standing..

Not really my gig..but I can't bash 'em.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey EVIL BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats goin on brother?

That "fake voice" is in fact something he is faking. He talked about it on MTV back when Dookie came out. He is trying or has accomplished to get an English punk sound to his voice. I kinda see his vocal effect like a distortion pedal. All a matter of style and taste.

Comment

Hey Sgt. Jon..whhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazup! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yes I remember David Spade busting on him for his "english" accent on SNL when Dookie came out.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Comment

Aaaah, there she is!!!! Thank you Em!!!
                        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

My pleasure. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Good pop band. I think he is playing a bunch of LP Juniors right now. Perfect for punk.

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Working...
                            X