GreenDay Concert review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenDay Concert review

I took my daughter to see Greenday and Jimmy Eat World at the Hartford Civic Center last night. Here is my review.
    GREENDAY ROCKS!!!!!!!!! Huge.
    Billie Joe played several different guitars (I was too far away to see what they were but a few of them looked like Les Pauls or Les Paul JR's and one was certainly a strat). His guitar tone is outstanding. He even shredded on a few songs at the end. Crap, he plays REALLY good. Sings great, the band is tight as hell, the drummer and bass player are great. It seemed that for 1 hour and 45 minutes they played nothing but hits and the hits got bigger and bigger.
    Jimmy Eat World was good too. The lead guitarist was playing Orange cabinets and Laney heads. The singer was playing all Boogie's. I thought the Orange cabs sounded better.
    Back to Greenday.... say what you will... I have seen a ton of metal bands and I think I know what great guitar sound is.
    Billy Joe gets great guitar sound. It was certainly one of the better concerts I have seen in the last few years.
    I am a fan.

Re: GreenDay Concert review

I have been a fan for a while. Ker Plunk and Dookie are the only discs I own by them though. I saw a live show on tv once and they looked like they were having a good time and they sounded great. I am sure plenty of bashers will be along, but Green Day is a good, loud, tight, fun band. End of story.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

yeah, i think they're cool as well.
      my son listens to AI all the time, and i think he's a good songwriter. anyone see them play we are the champions on live 8? i think they did a good job of that.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I saw them on some late night show debuting some new tune that was like some rock opera thing or something. It was very cool. Fun band.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I love them too...which is very uncool for an old school punk like me to say. But I think they sound great, play their asses off, and know how to entertain you. Oh, and Billie Joe is a great writer of pop songs. Wish I could write 'em the way he does.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            yeah, i think they're cool as well.
            my son listens to AI all the time, and i think he's a good songwriter. anyone see them play we are the champions on live 8? i think they did a good job of that.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

AND they are huge SOX fans....there was some footage before the game on Thursday and Johnny D was showing them around Fenway. They were heading into the Green Monster when the cameras were on em. Then during the game they were seen in one of the private suites. The drummer was smoking a butt !!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I guess Johnny and Billie Joe are pretty good friends....
            Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Ditto that, you guys. They are one helluva hard-working band and they have stuck to their guns throughout the years. Kudos for that alone...

But I saw them on SNL or some similar live late-night show and I was very impressed. They're excellent at what they do and solid as a freakin' rock. The more I watch them live, the more I like their songs.

They've got my respect in a big way.

Nice concert review JG!!!

Comment

Cool! I'm still pissed that I won tickets to see them in Sunrise, then had to pass re: the hurricane. Thanks for the review!
                Keith
                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I would really like to see Green Day. Jimmy Eat World are great, I saw them on the bleed america tour. Did the rythem guitarist for JEW play drop-d all night or were you close enough to tell? Jim is a good singer/guitarist for sure.

Comment

Interesting, whenever I see greenday playing Live on TV, Billie Joe kinda plays a bit and prances while the "secret 4th member" plays all the guitar stuff. Is he actually part of greenday? Has he always been there?

Comment

Green Day does Rock!!!! and have a really good guitar sound. I did see the whole Live8 show and they kicked butt big time [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

green day rocks!!

not so much on the Warning cd, but pretty much everything else is top notch. been a fan since '94
                        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Interesting, whenever I see greenday playing Live on TV, Billie Joe kinda plays a bit and prances while the "secret 4th member" plays all the guitar stuff. Is he actually part of greenday? Has he always been there?

[/ QUOTE ]
                          the guy is billy joes tech i believe.. or not.. dont know for sure.

he hasnt been there untill smerican idiot. he's on the live band, cos billy has some solos and wants backing plus the two guitar assault is much heavier =)
                          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Green Day rocks!!!!! I saw them in Houston 3-4 weeks ago and the show was outstanding. I think it's so cool how they still pick people out of the audience to come up on stage and play a song with them. Billy Joe is a great front man and not a bad guitarist also.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              AND they are huge SOX fans....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too bad......I W A S a Green Day fan [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
                              X