9/11 remembered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9/11 remembered...

Every time i see clips on the Plane Crashes, i still get shivers down my spine. I remember going to New York the january after it happened. I was totally scared but i saw that peoples spirits weren't down, they were dealing with it and keeping strong. That's something you can't fuck with
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

<font color="aqua">I actually recorded a lot of the footage that day and will sit down later today and watch it. Originally being from New York it was painful to see such chaos and evil raining down on the city. Lets all remember and never forget... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
        Why hunt ... when there is no machine gun season?

Comment

For me anyways like with you Bud, this day holds alot of significance. I never need to be told to "remember 9/11" because I will never forget it.

I was at work in our warehouse and one of the guys in the metal shop out back knocked on our door and said some plane had accidentally crashed into one of the towers. So we pulled down an old tv and watched in horror another plane slammed into Tower 2. Shortly after the first tower collapsed, about 5 people from the loading dock came down, pounding on our door and told us to come up to the roof of the building, From there I could see a pillar of black smoke rising up from the direction of the Pentagon. I can't really remember what happened after that but alot of people got very scared very fast.

I remember little pieces like trying to comfort one of the various interns because her father worked in the Pentagon (he was ok). I remember the guys in our carpool calling me and saying another plane was heading for the capitol (the one that later crashed in Pa. due to the heroism of the people on board) and about 7 of us piling into one jeep to get home faster. And driving past the pentagon...I'll never forget that.

God bless the innocent people who died that day, going about their everyday lives, god bless the heroes who died that day trying to save them and most of all god bless those they left behind.

Comment

I was watching it live from the getgo. When all the papers were futtering down, it just didn't register what it was. The whole experience of watching it live will never leave me. God, I,watched it live when thet cut to Oklahoma City. What a world, what a world. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] If Katrina was caught live like those others, I'll bet the reaction by everyone would have been much quicker. Just a thought. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I saw it happening live on TV at work... Tremendous shock.

They were evacuating a lot of downtown businesses after that for some threats. Lotsa panic. As no one really new what was up.

a little later that morning, I had to run down the I-90 and freaked when I saw several F-16s coming at me, flying along the interstate at what seemed like 300 feet above the highway headed to PA...

I thought we were at war and under attack.

I guess we actually were...

Blessed be... A somber day it is.

Comment

I used to service forklifts. I was working at a customer in Port Jersey, directly accross the river that day. When I saw all the employees running out, I thought the coffee truck had pulled up. How I wish it were the coffee truck. The supervisor told me what happened. I went outside to look and I was horrified at the sight. To see the towers there one minute, and gone in what seemed like the blink of an eye, is something I will never forget.

As terrible as it looked from my vantage point, I can never know the horror of downtown NY that day.

God bless the victims and families and all the heroic men and women who did their jobs selflessly.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

i miss all of you guys, richie, christian, and johnny.
                  it was great to grow up with you guys, i miss you everyday.

tommy
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I'm sorry bro... I can't imagine how you feel. Especially with the aniversaries being so highlited in the media.

Wish it weren't like that for you. I'm sorry.

Comment

that's sucks dude..sorry Tommy

I lost friends on the job..

Hail to those who rushed into danger to help others..that's just sad!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thanks you guys.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                        X