Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tom Morello = Mayor of New Orleans?

[ QUOTE ]
    Rally round the family, with a pocket full o' shells!
    I'm gonna get flamed for this but I dig Morello's playing with RATM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do too, and I give a flying fuck what anybody thinks about it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] In fact, I love Rage.

Glad to hear the north shore is doing sort of well under the circumstances, Mike. Still got friends up there, too. All my friends in town left. So far, the alma matter is doing pretty well: looks like they stationed their own private security to hold the fort. www.tulane.edu Hope that works out.

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      What are PJ dwellers?

[/ QUOTE ]
      I'm not from NO, but to me that's the projects. I believe if when they called the mandatory evacuation of NO before the storm hit, the authorities should have sent in the transporation to those that couldn't drive out of there before the storm. Then, the Police and National Guard could take care of the scum downtown who elected to stay anyway to rape, pillage and kill.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        What are PJ dwellers?

[/ QUOTE ]
        I'm not from NO, but to me that's the projects. I believe if when they called the mandatory evacuation of NO before the storm hit, the authorities should have sent in the transporation to those that couldn't drive out of there before the storm. Then, the Police and National Guard could take care of the scum downtown who elected to stay anyway to rape, pillage and kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that ON PAPER would have been great. However, in reality people still wouldn't have left. It is very hard to explain life in New Orleans. However, it seems that everyone would rather shoot themselves in the foot than help themselves. It is a mentality that really must be experienced to be understood. New Orleans also is just a den of ineptitude. Nothing gets done quickly or effeciently.

I hate to say this, but in the end this will be seen as a cleansing...a mass extinction of sorts. Places that normal New Orleanians have never even SEEN are underwater. It is, for the most part, not the high-rent district that has suffered. When the water has cleared, these areas will never be rebuilt as clapboard shitboxes. The whole strata of the city is going to shift. If evacuees have no place to return, it is possible they won't return. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy nut bag, but there may be something very deep and very sinister at work here. Ethnic cleansing in plain sight right here in the United States courtesy of a natural disaster and some dragged feet.

Something to think about.

Mike

p.s. Yes, PJ dwellers are those living in Projects.
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I'm originally from New Orleans and lived there many years. Live in SoCal now. Many friends still reside there.

That's Nagin, although he does look like the Rage Against The Machine axeman. Nagin needs to decalre "Guerilla Radio" style action against the criminals taking advantage of a bad situation. Where is the United States government? Getting a manicure? Hundreds of marines deployed IN NEW ORLEANS would be nice. NOW, OK?! Florida got help right away cause Bush's bro lives there.

The filthy violent underclass need to held accountable for their lawless actions. Ignorant class envy. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

In the meantime, hundereds of thousands of middle class hardworking people have been displaced.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            you know Bush is smilin'...but he's thinkin..

"ahhh man.. get the fuck outta here"....

you can almost see that balloon caption above his head..

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is the other way around. Nagin is actually competent. He also doesn't mince words or deal any bullshit from the side of his mouth. He isn't out there hugging survivors and praising Jesus, he is in the trenches, with the people.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nagin is doing the best job a human being can under the enormous stress he's endured over the last week. Thugs have completely destroyed A WHOLE SHOPPING MALL! It will have to be completely bulldozed or drastically remodeled.

From the Times-Picayune Newspaper:

"In Terrytown, the fire that threatened to destroy the Oakwood Shopping Center was brought under control Friday at 1:30 a.m. Firefighters who had abandoned the blaze Thursday afternoon returned that evening after water pressure increased and renewed hope that the structure could be saved, said chief Bryan Adams of the Terrytown 5th District Volunteer Fire Department. About 10 stores inside the sprawling shopping center were completely lost.

Adams said the fire appeared to have been set by looters. Firefighters entering the building were "bumping into looters."

On Friday, as firefighters boxed up a jewelry store's merchandise, Councilman Chris Roberts predicted it would be many months before Oakwood could reopen - a sharp blow for the local economy. He estimated that 500 to 700 jobs could be temporarily lost and said the closing would drain millions of dollars in sales tax revenues from the parish."

I hope the thugs are shot on sight and the Rolexes and diamond rings are recovered. This is bullshit. You can't eat jewelry. It doesn't sustain human life.

Comment

More often than not, I get a Canadian radio station from Kingston in my truck.It stated that the Canadian government has a medical ship and a supply ship loaded and ready to deploy at our request.Do you think we have? NO.They are also willing to lend us their reserve oil.Have we asked? NO.

It amazes me that we can supply a disaster sticken third world country in 24 hours yet take 4 days to come to the need of our own.Stop to consider the history that was destroyed here not just by the flood waters,but by the lack of rection from our government.

As an American,I am ashamed and mortified by our leadership,and it's apparent lack of concern for our safety and welfare.This is the same leadership that says it is totally prepared for nuclear and biological terrorism.If anything,we have proven to the world just how inept our leadership truely is.

They knew well in advanvce how huge this storm was,they knew where it was going.Everyone knows most of N.O. is about 20 feet below sea level,why weren't the hospitals evacuated as soon as they saw it coming?
                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

The head of FEMA should be fucking fired immediately. Bush dropped the ball and its hard to overlook his incompedence on this one.

Florida had 4 fucking hurricanes last year. FEMA was Johnny On The Fucking Spot. Jeb Bush is Gov. of FL. This is not coincidental.

There was nothing but a series of grossly delayed failures on how emergency personel responded. The Mayor Of N.O. begged the government for immediate assistance. Emergency room doctors literally gave each other IV's as food and water were unavailable. Thugs (mostly gang members and hardened criminals) tried breaking into hospitals, prominent historic homes, and destroyed landmarks because they had a window of opportunity to go nuts.

Because help was inadequate and arrived several days after the fact, the city has suffered tremendously on many fronts.
                  Some of the destruction could have been prevented if the government responded within 24 hours.

How would you like it if you dialed 911 and help came 6 days later? You may be dead by the time they arrive.

The looting could have been minimized or prevented altogether if Louisiana got the immediate assistance they deserved.

NYC is not a fair comparision as that city had much more manpower at their disposal. N.O. doesn't enjoy that luxury.
                  The bad element outweighed the N.O. police on staff. It should be open season on all criminals, natural disaster or not.

Comment

A lot of the people in that area are not a huge tax base, they also statisticly do not vote. Like has been stated by members that are there the help was seen pretty quick in the affluent areas. This overall is sad and we as a country look pretty bad to the rest of the world.

Comment

I know who the Mayor of NO is but I habve no idea who Tom Morello is....
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm going to cut and paste what I just wrote..because it will apply to ALL these threads..

the intial prepartion and emergency response time of this incident truly sucked ass!

which indeed let the chaos escalate to overwhelming proportions..to the point where the police just said "fuggit" i quit..

now that's bad..

By the time anyone wanted to assist or help..they couldn't risk their own personal saftey in the hell that was already unleashed..

people wanted to give others relief , assitance , help , but just didn't want to risk their lives doing it..can't blame them for that..

Hindsight is always 20/20...and in this case I don't even think it will be ever 20/20..alot of grey area is these matters..

the politicians no matter "who" must juggle ..being politicaly correct so they are not percived as .."racist"..or ..'Over zealous"..and just taking care of biz..

to me they were just stuck on stupid..they didn't know how to handle this matter..

They already have complaints on both sides of the fence...."they shot my baby"..and then you have the flip side.."where's the Po Po to shoot these fuckers"..

How do you deal with that...and they are afraid of the lawsuites...I can vouch for that as a retired Police Officer ..I was sued at least a dozen times..all were "unfounded" of course and thrown out..but everytime I read the lawsuite..it tied my hands even more how to "handle" people correctly ...it clouded my judgements and thoughts of my own safety and replaced by thoughts of "boy I hope I don't get in trouble"..I didn't want to lose my house and my belongings by just doing my job..hell no!!!

OK..so on a much smaller scale but same logic..

OK your "white" and I give any of you a gun and badge and the powers to "protect and serve" and you must make an arrest in front of a large audience of minorities..

OK now you MUST arrest this male who is very combative , violent and black..how do you do it???

please answer that..anyone..

because I was in that scenario for over a decade and know all the reactions to any of your actions..and answers.

so I'm all ears...how do you Arrest a combative , large , black male in a crowd of minorities including his friends..without startimg a small riot and maintain control??

when you can answer that "logically" then we can continue this discussion..with sense instead of guessing and speculating in a non educated manner...

Jon and other officers here..I believe there is a couple..know this stuff..please Jon..feel free to chime in..

Bill
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          A lot of the people in that area are not a huge tax base, they also statisticly do not vote. Like has been stated by members that are there the help was seen pretty quick in the affluent areas. This overall is sad and we as a country look pretty bad to the rest of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

poverty breeds desperation,i think this reaction would be the same in nearly any city worldwide considering the destruction and lack of order.Its dog eat dog in that situation when you have no fresh water or food and no way of leaving the city.You americans DONT look bad at all,no matter your colour.Your piss poor goverment does look bad as it has handled this in a fucking disgracefull way.
                          Hope you lads down south in the damaged areas are safe with your familyI always donate yearly to the red cross as i know they fucking care about people

Comment

"when you can answer that "logically" then we can continue this discussion..with sense instead of guessing and speculating in a non educated manner..."

don't ignore the question man.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

poverty breeds desperation,i think this reaction would be the same in nearly any city worldwide considering the destruction and lack of order.Its dog eat dog in that situation when you have no fresh water or food and no way of leaving the city.You americans DONT look bad at all,no matter your colour.Your piss poor goverment does look bad as it has handled this in a fucking disgracefull way.
                              Hope you lads down south in the damaged areas are safe with your familyI always donate yearly to the red cross as i know they fucking care about people

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, but the disgrace is that we put the dipshits in office. It is basically guilt by association. Their vacillating on the issue imo would not have been present if these people were a larger chunk of the tax money and consistant voters.

Comment

I'll be waiting to see just who "is" judged competent in the near future when a lot of what happened comes to life and who is to blame for the foot draggin...

Comment

Working...
                                X