My solution for the BS gas prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My solution for the BS gas prices

they had a thing on mythbusters awhile back regarding perpetual motion machines/free energy... busted!

Comment

Man, the Guvmint has you guys right where it wants you! It's common knowledge that Ted Kaczinski had just discovered a super-lubricant derived from Bigfoot guano (why do you think he lived in that cabin in the woods?) that made perpetual motion possible. They had no choice but to frame him as the Unabomber!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Interesting topic.
        What do you all think is the cutoff for gas?
        Prices keep rising, and people keep buying. How much does a gallon have to hit before people stop driving so much?

When it cost's me $50/tank I think I'll really take notice. Right now my 2005 Suzuki Forenza costs about $30 to fill if its near bone dry. Its got a 13-14 gallon tank so $3.75-$4.00/gal is going to start to hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hard to say as everyone will have a different limit. It's already affected my driving habits. It did before it ever got to $2.00. All my family is in Boise, Idaho and my wifes family is over on the coast, so for us to see any family is a decision and a look at the checkbook whereas it used to be just get in and go as long as we had time. Sad really.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Man, the Guvmint has you guys right where it wants you! It's common knowledge that Ted Kaczinski had just discovered a super-lubricant derived from Bigfoot guano (why do you think he lived in that cabin in the woods?) that made perpetual motion possible. They had no choice but to frame him as the Unabomber!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            Interesting topic.
            What do you all think is the cutoff for gas?
            Prices keep rising, and people keep buying. How much does a gallon have to hit before people stop driving so much?

When it cost's me $50/tank I think I'll really take notice. Right now my 2005 Suzuki Forenza costs about $30 to fill if its near bone dry. Its got a 13-14 gallon tank so $3.75-$4.00/gal is going to start to hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hard to say as everyone will have a different limit. It's already affected my driving habits. It did before it ever got to $2.00. All my family is in Boise, Idaho and my wifes family is over on the coast, so for us to see any family is a decision and a look at the checkbook whereas it used to be just get in and go as long as we had time. Sad really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you mention those regions. I live in Boise, and the last time I went to portland, I think it cost me about $20 more to fly 2 people then I would have spent on gas.

Comment

Well the thing is that most of us who don't live in one of a few big cities really have to drive. Most US cities have such poor public transit that it's just impractical not to. Is anybody going to spend 2+ hours each way going to the store on a bus to save themselves a few dollars over getting there in ten minutes? no.

Comment

I agree. Boise has about the worst excuse for public transit I have ever seen. I'm just curious what the break point actually is for people in a lot of different situations.
                Even if gasoline hit $7/gal, I'd still buy it to get to and from work (20mi each way), but I sure wouldn't be doing the amount of 1-2 mile errond running I do now.

Comment

Yeah, it sucks big-time over here too. We've got petrol hovering around the £1 per litre mark. Our beloved leaders are trying to dissuade from using our cars and use Public Transport, 'cept that what little Public Transport there is left is of no use to anyone! Fuckers have got us over a barrel. We have to pay their hugely over-inflated tax-ridden fuel prices, and they get to spend it all on rent-boys and crack! [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

I'll go lie down now....

Comment

Working...
                  X