Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sad blues?

[ QUOTE ]
    Listen to Stevie Ray Vaughns version of Little Wing. Simply awesome, full of emotion, and inspiring!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Even better yet,listen to the original version by Hendrix,and on that note the whole Blues(especially the song 'Born under a bad sign') album by him as well. Then when you're done feeling bad,listen to the song 'Angel'.

Comment

Eric Claptons "Holy Mother". Awesome song...I love the line "when my hands no longer play, and my life should just fade away"...The outro solo is deep.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Life by the Drop, SRV

[/ QUOTE ]
        second that. That's one of those ones that when the song ends, it just leaves you there sitting in silence. What a way to close out his posthumous album. Still gives me shivers.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Life by the Drop, SRV

[/ QUOTE ]
          second that. That's one of those ones that when the song ends, it just leaves you there sitting in silence. What a way to close out his posthumous album. Still gives me shivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

+2. However, it is also an inspirational song.

Now, if you want real depression....just play Jackson Browne's entire "Late for the Sky" CD. Not genuine blues, but it will help you cry...if you want to.

I always dug Clapton's "Bellbottom Blues".

If you want the penultimate sad SRV blues song...look no further than "Life Without You". It is the final cut on Soul to Soul. That song sends chills down my spine everytime I listen to it, especially considering the fact that it so appropriate for SRV himself. Also has one of his alltime best guitar solos.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Ledbetter?? Ledbelly you mean? Listen to Robert Johnson!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe...

He was born Huddie Ledbetter

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't consider these 'traditional' Blues per say, but they are slow, emotional power blues-rock.

Blue Jeans Blues- ZZ Top
              Since I've Been Loving You- Led Zep

Comment

Buddy Guy - Sweet Tea

"Stay the Night" is one of the most amazing tunes of all time.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I love SRV, but I've never really liked "Life by the Drop". I always thought it was sort of, uh, annoying. Blasphemy, I know. My number one suggestion, "Since I've Been Loving You" has already been said. I copied my friend's How The West Was One and listened to it for the first time, and it blew me away, esp. that one.

Comment

Gary Moore's "The Loner" is a real gut-wrencher!

Comment

Dave Maneketti..in a blue mood...he does a cover of ..Its a man's world that's cool...good album too.

Gary Moore SMOKES!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I used to think The Loner was the shit. Until I heard Gary play Parisienne Walkways with Phil Lynott on the Emerald Aisles video. Woof! Now THAT was awesome.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Gary Mooore rules...my dad loves the blues...Gary was a little too "hard" for him...but he liked the Dave Meneketti solo cd..so I burned him that for the car

as far as sad blues go...BB is KING according to my dad..
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Now, if we're bringin' Phil Lynott in the mix, may I suggest "Still In Love With You".
                            Damn! I'm welling up here, just thinking about that one.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Life by the Drop, SRV

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                I used to think The Loner was the shit. Until I heard Gary play Parisienne Walkways with Phil Lynott

[/ QUOTE ]

Very cool song! Now listen to Blue Monday by White Lion. Sound familiar?
                                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                                X