Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: war of the worlds

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm curious why everyone is buying into the "he's a nut" theory.

Does anyone stop to think about the billions of dollars the drug companies and politians make by continuing to keep this country overmedicated. All it does is mask the problems we have, not fix them.

[/ QUOTE ]

True on some fronts, not so true on others.

For some illnesses, such as certain depressions, drugs are absolutely required. My comment on him being a nut is directed entirely at his recent comments regarding psychiatry and his cult membership.

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I totally agree that drugs are necessary for many illnesses.

I just feel (just an opinion) that this country's medical profession is so quick to prescribe medications (especially to kids, that really pisses me off) because of all the financial incentives that go around in the pharmaceutical industry. Then once your on them, it goes on and on.

Tom did go a bit wild on Matt Lauer, but he was there to promote a film, and Matt started in on him, and he reacted. I probably would have done the same when provoked.

Comment

I fully respect Mr. Cruise. He has banged alot of great women and so we are not worthy.........Really I think there are people out there who are jealous of his success, and so only are out to attack him to make themselves feel less inadequate. So who is the real nutcase?............

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I just feel (just an opinion) that this country's medical profession is so quick to prescribe medications (especially to kids, that really pisses me off) because of all the financial incentives that go around in the pharmaceutical industry. Then once your on them, it goes on and on.

Tom did go a bit wild on Matt Lauer, but he was there to promote a film, and Matt started in on him, and he reacted. I probably would have done the same when provoked.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I work for one of these "evil" Drug Companies. I sell pharmaceuticals for a living. Second, You will never hear me say I believe in EVERY disease state that has been conjoured up. For example, ADD/ADHD. But, as with any corporation, they are there to make money. My company in particuliar, ( a TOP TEN Global Pharma/Biotech company) gives away so much to the patient on a daily basis I feel we are actually hedging most of the cost associated with R&D/marketing. Hell, I personally give away approx. $2500/day in samples alone.

Again, I don't agree with some of the things that are diagnosed out there but to say a Pharmaceutical company is actually creating disease states is wrong. We are simply trying to keep up with the "Brainiacs" out there that are creating these diseases.

Bottom line is they pay me well to do my job..... Not as well as Tom Cruise, though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Anyway, Cruise is entitled to his opinion, just like every other US citizen. But to think that he is an authority on the drug companies is a little far fetched. Just becuase you play an intelligent person the big screens does not necessarily mean they are one. Just my .02. Tom should stay out of the political debates, religios anthems, and Brooke Shields business. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Fuck it, I don't want to pick a fight today.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Tom Cruise is a weirdo. That is all I am going to say. WEIRDO!!!!
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I was in New York last weekend and when I was walking through time square the scientologists had a tables set up on the sidewalks every 50 yards or so. They were trying to suck people in with free "stress tests". When they asked me if I wanted one I said very loudly "Sorry, I'm not interested in being in your cult". They didn't know what to say. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I thought it was alright, as these things go. The ending was pretty damn creepy (before it got all cheesy). Spielberg is great with visuals but I thought Batman as an overall movie was better.

And I'm back! After being gone for like 2 or 3 years. Some of the old guys might remember me as the one with the crazy dream of the archtop Death Angel.

Comment

I dunno, maybe it's because I rarely watch TV, especially celebrity gossip/scandal/news, but I've never actually heard Tom Cruise speaking/raving of this scientology thing UNTIL a few days ago on another internet forum in a topic discussing this movie. I personally don't give a poo about the lives of celebrities and they don't care about us, so why bother?

I'm going to go see the movie tomorrow. Lots of blah reviews even though there's anything hardly worth seeing this summer. At this point, I'll be willing to see anything that looks even half-decent.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1.

In a massive conflict of interest, the FDA (the government agency that decides which drugs are safe) is now funded by the drug companies. Also chances are that your doctor gets legal kickbacks for prescribing certain drugs. The amount of money that the drug companies pay to lobbyists to keep marijuana illegal...even for medically proven purposes (decreases nausea for chemo patients) is staggering.

Ask yourself why so many prescription drugs are getting pulled lately only AFTER they've killed a bunch of people.

Oh yeah, Tom Cruise needs to see a psychiatrist. He suffers from extremetool-itis and is in desperate need of a tool-ectomy.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I am not familiar enough about scientology to have an opinion. I do think that Cruise is a good actor and most of the time his movies are excellent.
                        I did try to read Dianetics once but I kept falling asleep. That is one strange book. L Ron Hubert is one weird cat. I think that book was about scientology but I didn't understand it.

Comment

I don't give two shits about Tom Cruise...I never did...I think he kinda sucks as an actor to be honest...

except when he played Lestat in IWAV...he was OK in that!

Top Gun and most of Cruise's movies are geared for bitches and faggots..IMO...just like Richard Gere...another dick slappin' fuckwad..

BUT..why is Cruise such major news lately...because Of his beliefs in Scientology..I think they have some valid points...but still never hit the mark...just like all the other beliefs systems out there...like Christianity.

Satanism is the only "religion" that is people-friendly to those who support it..unlike all other "white light" based faiths..who must repent for all that comes natural to man..

so sayeth the Bub..
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Another remake: War of the Worlds is just another, what I call "bubble gum film" the taste does not last. Just chew it, spit it out.

You can see the holes in the film!

Comment

I wasnt going to go see this before he said anything I just dont care for the guy. In regards to meds for stress of living, depression I would just say suck it up. I was on Effexor(sp) for a year then I got laid off which made me loose my insurance. No insurance no happy pills and coming off that shit was hell. Felt like my brain was twitching in my skull and it wasnt a good twitch. The bitch of it is after taking the stuff your tolerance for shit is even lower and you get stressed even easier. Now I just tell people to fuck off and dont sweat it. In some European countries the stuff is band. Dont get me wrong there are some people out there that are truly off and they need meds to level them out. Doctor's just like to address any illness with pharmaceuticals and they are not always the answer.

Comment

I LIVE thru chemistry man...

I WORSHIP DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were put here for ME... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X