war of the worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• war of the worlds

Did anyone go see this yet? I really want to see it but the douche bag known as Tom Cruise is really starting to get on my nerves with all his scientology bullshit lately. Tell me it wasn't that good so I won't have to go see it.

Re: war of the worlds

hell no, and i won't. i refuse to see movies that star tom cruise or spawn catchphrases.

....which are commonly found in tom cruise movies.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I heard today that it is a complete ripoff/bore/anti-climatic piece of shit. The aliens supposedly look like the aliens in Independence Day. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Spielberg has been original before, why can't he now? Cruise is a tool. He, Zenu, and all their Thatans can fly back to outer space and re-populate. Scientology.... give me a fricken' break.

Hope that helps. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got that album! But my turntable's on the fritz, so I can't listen to it.

oh, how I long to once again hear Justin Hayward sing....
        "the chances of anything coming from Mars
        are a million to one, they said.
        The chances of anything coming from Mars
        are a million to one, but still
        they come"

da da DAAAAAH
        da da DAAAAAAH

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I thought Xenu was in a volcano somehere? Is it Zenu or Xenu?

Maybe, gulp Xinu (Unix backwards)

Well, off to the reading room.
          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

War of the Worlds the album is awesome. I have it on vinyl. Got it when I was 9 or something. Gotta go pull out my turntable now.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Its awesome. YOu're missing out if you can't look past a dumb religion (not hard for me..they're all dumb IMO)

Comment

I saw it on Weds and I enjoyed and I thought Spielburg did a decent job. I have no issues with disliking Tom Cruise. He an actor, they all babble nonsense at some time or another. I think he's a well rounded actor, pretty good actually imo.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

It's a shame that the story's been "Hollywooded".
                  Imagine how frickin' awesome it would have been, had they set it in Edwardian London. Still the same sfx-fest, but with the imagery that you get in your mind when listening to the Jeff Wayne album.

Comment

absolutely. I still haven't seen all of the 1950's version - after I saw that the alien craft were flying rather than walking about on stilts, I was turned off it. So the new movie looks like a remake of the original movie, rather than an adapation of the book.

What's wrong with making a period sci-fi movie? Maybe now that the military have seen Empire Strikes Back, they would know how to quickly dispatch enemies in legged vehicles. But back in the late 19th century, they didn't have that advantage. Popular culture now tells us that the aliens will come flying in at us, much more threatening when we're (mainly) caught down here on the ground, while they can come at us from any direction, including above.

But if they recreated the late 1800s, with all the human technology that was available at the time - before planes & surface-to-air missiles & skycrapers & light sabres & high speed communications - as we followed an average joe as he ran from the aliens, these amazing tall insect-like walking machines with laser weapons, impervious to rifle fire & come to take over our defenseless planet.

I think that would be every bit as menacing.

They need to make a movie of the book. Not a remake of the schlocky 50s horror movie, or even of the Americanized Orson Welles radio play. A faithful adaptation of the original story, set on Horsell Common.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

It's a Spielberg film, so probably pretty cool. I'd like to see it.

...But, yeah, Cruise is a whacked-out tool. Then again, why should he be any different than the other Hollyweird whackjobs?

Comment

There are 2 other versions of the movie coming out. One is based closely on the book, and is being made by Penndragon, the other is low budget with C. Thomas Howell. As well, there will be a movie based on the Jeff Wayne musical in 2006 or 2007. Get your HG Wells news here:
                        http://eveofthewar.com/

Comment

no, i haven't seen it yet, and frankly i don't really want to. why? two words: cruise, spielberg.

period [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw it last night. I thought it was a very well done movie, and it followed the basic plot of the original movie. It is certainly worth seeing.

Tom Cruise was actually quite good. He may be a nut, but he is a good actor.

Mike
                            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

I'm curious why everyone is buying into the "he's a nut" theory.

Does anyone stop to think about the billions of dollars the drug companies and politians make by continuing to keep this country overmedicated. All it does is mask the problems we have, not fix them.

Comment

Working...
                              X