Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ugh...Im so disgusted now!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
    The t-bird has been pulled off the market, and it was horrid.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops.. looks like it's still available. I thought I read that they were discontinuing it. It's still a horrid looking automobile though...

The GT is awesome. I saw one the other day in an unlikely spot, the parking lot of Clark St. Dogs. One word for that car... Sexay!!!
    Occupy JCF

Comment

see, i think the tbird is okay; i think that they did a nice job of updating the old 50's style. i thought it was pretty successful.

what i'm suggesting is still a little bit different from what we have now. i'm basically wanting to see the old body styles, just made under modern construction; not an update, like the mustangs and tbirds.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I see what you're saying. I'm thinking that in this era of conservation that the old body styles produce too much drag, therefore making them obsolete. Though it would be cool to see something along similar lines of the older cars. The late 60's Camaros would be cool to resurrect.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

totally!
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Too expensive to do reissues, I assume. Plus, doing that would require imagination and moxie--qualities that have been sorely lacking at the Big 3 since, well, about the time they pulled the muscle cars off the market. Now, they'd rather sell you a rolling toaster that's a pale imitation of something Toyota or Honda was selling five years ago.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The late 60's Camaros would be cool to resurrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

'68 Camaro [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
              Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I see what you're saying. I'm thinking that in this era of conservation that the old body styles produce too much drag, therefore making them obsolete. Though it would be cool to see something along similar lines of the older cars. The late 60's Camaros would be cool to resurrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen concepts for an updated '60s style Camaro and Firebird. It may come to pass.

The T-Bird was always meant to be a limited edition type of car, not a permanent edition to the line. From what I understand, it will be brought out every once in a while with special features.
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I have been looking for months. Waiting for the right car to drop in my lap at a price I can afford. I like Challengers, Chargers, Satellites etc. Mopars are priced waaaayyyy out there. I have even looked at Darts that are priced off the charts. You have to keep looking.

Now, I don't recommend going into debt over a pleasure car though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the fact that they are junk. Superior engineering, inferior build quality. And, mostly driven by the pocket protector and/or missing tooth crowd back in the day. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Either way, I have always had a soft spot for Mopars...especially Max Wedge cars.......

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Hey hey. Keep looking. I bought my Charger last year for $1000. It's in great shape, and with the other $3000 I had for a budjet-I put it into the engine. Anything can be had if you look in the right spot. I got lucky and found an out of work steel worker who was desperate for money. He could have easily got $4-5k here in MN.
                    LATER!!!
                    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      stay away form the early 70's cars A good rule of thumb with fords and chevy dont invest in anythin 70 or newer. There are exceptions but stay away from that 70s junk has no resale whatsoever when it comes to cars. My 02

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, step away from the crack pipe.....

Last time I checked the values on 71-73 Mustangs they were pretty solid. Ever price a Boss 351? How about a Mach 1 with a 429CJ? Or even a late one with a 351 CJ?

Hmmm, how about a '73 or '74 SD455 TA? Priced one of those lately?

Taken a look at the values on a '71-'73 Z28 lately?

Don't even get me started on the early '70s Mopars...which are some of the rarest of the rare in terms of muscle. '70's junk with no resale value? Find me a '71 Hemi anything and I will show you one of the most solid investments money can buy.

When the market for the "real" muscle cars went beyond the realm of most, they turned to the "cheap" stuff, post '70. That market is now just as crazy.

My advise to you, Mrs. LPC, is if you are going to make the car unoriginal through paint and the such...that you focus on finding a plain jane version of the body style you want, whether it be the breadvan 'stang or the second gen Camaro...and you build it to what you want, a Z28, Mach-1, etc. Cheaper that way.

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

There are exceptions to the rule, as I said for investment purposes you really cant go wrong buying anything 1970 or older, apllicable to all cars. Plain jains in the 70+ range arent a very good investment, its just risky territory thats all, I have seen people think they got the ultimate old school and show me a 76 corvette that they dumped 25 grand into and I just hate seeing that. There is the reason I tell people the 1970 rule of thumb. By the way my 77 Civic went up 300% in value since I bought it in 2000.

Comment

Working...
                      X