Ugh...Im so disgusted now!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh...Im so disgusted now!!!!

I promised myself after the past few guitars, that I was gonna break down and buy something "out of the ordinary" for me, and I be damned if I cant find what I want for under 10K.

After I pay off our last loan, I wanted to jump in debt, both feet, pretty much blind, and was hoping to find a decent 72ish Mach 1 or 72 Z28. Not mint by any means, and not even completely restored, just one thats really decent looking and has a good motor. The paint doesnt really bother me all that much, since I can have Marcus do a custom paint job for me at cost, and Im sure if I whine enough at work, one of the techs (okay, just Jimmy or PK) will work on it for me when it needs it. Okay, I reckon Im finished bitching for the time being....but I really really really want one!!! [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Mrs LPC

Re: Ugh...Im so disgusted now!!!!

stay away form the early 70's cars A good rule of thumb with fords and chevy dont invest in anythin 70 or newer. There are exceptions but stay away from that 70s junk has no resale whatsoever when it comes to cars. My 02

Comment

Don't worry about motors or transissions, they can be replaced, and with better than new, those old cars are the easiest to do it with too. Finding a low mileage nice motor in something like that will really limit your choices if that is what you want to look for.

Look for a high quality restorable chassis and good quality sheet metal. Not wrecked or rusted. You can't fix rust very well, and wrecks are not so repairable either really. The rest is attainable.

Pre-70s is prolly the best as mentioned. 69 and back Firebird or Camaro, or whatever ford you dig.

Comment

"Ugh...Im so disgusted now!!!!"

Yeah, I've noticed you tend to get this way when things don't go exactly as you want.
        Sam, you earn more and more of my respect every day! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          stay away form the early 70's cars A good rule of thumb with fords and chevy dont invest in anythin 70 or newer. There are exceptions but stay away from that 70s junk has no resale whatsoever when it comes to cars. My 02

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, step away from the crack pipe.....

Last time I checked the values on 71-73 Mustangs they were pretty solid. Ever price a Boss 351? How about a Mach 1 with a 429CJ? Or even a late one with a 351 CJ?

Hmmm, how about a '73 or '74 SD455 TA? Priced one of those lately?

Taken a look at the values on a '71-'73 Z28 lately?

Don't even get me started on the early '70s Mopars...which are some of the rarest of the rare in terms of muscle. '70's junk with no resale value? Find me a '71 Hemi anything and I will show you one of the most solid investments money can buy.

When the market for the "real" muscle cars went beyond the realm of most, they turned to the "cheap" stuff, post '70. That market is now just as crazy.

My advise to you, Mrs. LPC, is if you are going to make the car unoriginal through paint and the such...that you focus on finding a plain jane version of the body style you want, whether it be the breadvan 'stang or the second gen Camaro...and you build it to what you want, a Z28, Mach-1, etc. Cheaper that way.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

you're disgusted that you can't get up to your eyes in debt? hm. most people usually have the opposite feeling about that kinda thing.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You guys can buy Kristi and I a 3-bedroom condo in the Loop. That should satisfy ya... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
              Occupy JCF

Comment

on a semi related topic, does anyone know if there's a reason why car companies don't do reissues like guitars? i can understand that some things would have to be updated so they'd be street legal, maybe, but it seems like there could be a huge market for that.

somethin i've always wondered.
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Machining I would think... too much to tool up might put the cost so far out of reach to get all NOS would be my guess Easier to do with Guitars which have far fewer parts
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I thought the Ford Mustang has come closest so far.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

todd, i totally agree. it's the first mustang since the 60s that i like.

good point, tets. i guess what i'm suggesting is to basically build it on a new chassis, but have the body and interior be old school. shouldn't be much different from rolling out a new model. granted, i think that those interested in a reish would want it just like it was, so maybe that's what keeps it from happening.

i know i'm not the only one who's thought of that, but how cool would it be to have a 1963 vette with a splitback window, but have airbags, and other modern advances...not to mention a warranty!
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        After I pay off our last loan, I wanted to jump in debt, both feet, pretty much blind, and was hoping to find a decent 72ish Mach 1 or 72 Z28

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know a ton abou cars but do yourself a favour and stay out of debt.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          on a semi related topic, does anyone know if there's a reason why car companies don't do reissues like guitars? i can understand that some things would have to be updated so they'd be street legal, maybe, but it seems like there could be a huge market for that.

somethin i've always wondered.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are three resissue out driving right now. The new Mustang, the GT, aka the GT-40 and the T-Bird.

As close as you are going to get.

Mike
                          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

The t-bird has been pulled off the market, and it was horrid.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

I have been looking for months. Waiting for the right car to drop in my lap at a price I can afford. I like Challengers, Chargers, Satellites etc. Mopars are priced waaaayyyy out there. I have even looked at Darts that are priced off the charts. You have to keep looking.

Now, I don't recommend going into debt over a pleasure car though.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X