Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for some good Death Metal without.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for some good Death Metal without.....

[ QUOTE ]
    Try Children of Bodom.

[/ QUOTE ]
    'the hell's wrong with you? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] He said without the cookie monster! How much more Cookie Monster do you get?

Children of Bodom do kick ass though. Never read the lyrics, but I do like the growling.

What about Iced Earth? I've heard only a few tracks here and there, but they rock! Heavy guitars, good vocals. Maybe they have the "dragon humping" that you were referring to.

Another band that I've heard that might be what you're looking for is Darkseed. Not the best of guitarists, but they do have a heavy sound to them. Some cookie monster vocals, but you can still understand them.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Try Children of Bodom.

[/ QUOTE ]
      'the hell's wrong with you? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] He said without the cookie monster! How much more Cookie Monster do you get?

Children of Bodom do kick ass though. Never read the lyrics, but I do like the growling.

What about Iced Earth? I've heard only a few tracks here and there, but they rock! Heavy guitars, good vocals. Maybe they have the "dragon humping" that you were referring to.

Another band that I've heard that might be what you're looking for is Darkseed. Not the best of guitarists, but they do have a heavy sound to them. Some cookie monster vocals, but you can still understand them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine cookie monster vocals more around the line of the band Insision or something like that. I laugh everytime I hear him sing.

Comment

I have CREATED this Dragon Humping...phrasage and whatnots..

I want to spoof on all that neo classical , happy Euro sword shredder stuff..

why you ask...why????...a little "payback" for all those Peter Pantyites that always kick death and black metal in the evil sack..because of all the "cookie monster" vox and what have yoos...

well like I say everyday and today...there is good and bad in all metal genres across the board..I'd rather listen to a great death metal or black metal band than a lame euro power metal band anyday....and the other way around...well you get the point.

So ..this is my big ol' dick in the ass for those uppity Prog Metallers and Power metallers..who walk around all high and mighty ....with your swords and your armor and six string basses and casio keyborads....and all your Kill THE WABBIT Bullshit..

I wrote a little ditty called ..."DRAGON HUMPER"...this is John and I .... our new neo classical power project called...>>>Gayus Epicus<<<..

Yes , we are Gayus Epicus...and thy chorus to thee "Dragon Humper Opus part one in D minor" ..is as follows....

WE ARE MERRY MEN ...WE LIKE TO DANCE AROUND.
        SLAPPING OUR SWORDS....FIGHTING FOR THE CROWN...

I haven't written the rest of the lyrics yet....but those powerful words are carved in stone by the very Excaliber....either that or a Ginsu...I dunno ..I was high.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

For the record Alexi Laiho of COB..does NOT have "cookie monster" vocals...harsh...yes ....cookie monster like Chris Barns or Max Cavellera ....ahhh no [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]....they sing from the belly...like a cookie monster should..

Alexi like most of his Finnish/Swedish peers sing from the throat...like Tom Lindberg of At the Gates...and whatnot....that kinda shit.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Alexi and Tompa the Almighty in the same sentence? Blasphemy! [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

"Alexi and Tompa the Almighty in the same sentence? Blasphemy!"

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]...well yes , I agree...but that is where he's comin' from I suppose...the whole raspy vox death thrash vibe. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

but at least I can understand him..as much as a little tool he may be...and I think he is...he's a good player / songwriter and frontman...I give him that much...I like his music..

I just got an older Impaled Nazerine ."nihil" with him on it..and he just produced a pretty decent power metal band called Griffin...so at least he's the real deal...a true metal shredder...unlike an infinite sea of overrated hacks , sell outs and tools and posers...like....well you know who they are.. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

just get some dragonforce

Comment

dragonforce is cool but they are far from where Lou wants to explore...

I think Lou knows what power metal is all about..

and it doesn't get much better than dragonforce , brainstorn , easy rider , gamma ray , iced earth , symphorce , adagio , at vance...and so many more...I could go on all day..and tomorrow too..

But Lou needs to be introduced to this slowly...and to show him some of the elite in harsher side of metal...

Just like my wife...she hears my shit everyday for the last 20 friggin' years...but she still can't handle some of the vocals to some of these awesome bands..like Arch Enemy...I tell her it's a package deal...the music and guira playing to Arch Enemy is awesome..always was ...she's just starting to warm up to it..you just can't deny the talent in that band!

I tell her...well it wouldn't be the same now if Dio or Halford would sing in bands like Soilwork , Morbid Angel , Slayer or Pantera for that matter...

pissed off aggressive music needs pissed off aggressive vocals..

otherwise you'd have Sabastian Bach fronting Cradle of Filth and Dani Filth fronting lets say ...hmmmmm..Dream Theatre....that would truly suck !

hey who gives a flying fuck...as long as their is no rap bullshit to be found anywhere near my beloved metal..1995 was a horrible year for metal...that's when George Lynch put out a rap album...that's how pathetic 1995 was.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But I think my metal is safe...I can't see themes like Satan , Dungeons , Dragons and Death being sang in ebonic tongues.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

or could it...ebonical Power metal...EBONICA!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

That's rite...EBONICA...I'll bust a cap in dat dragon's azz...make em my dragon bitch...the song will be called "My Dragon Ho" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    otherwise you'd have Sabastian Bach fronting Cradle of Filth and Dani Filth fronting lets say ...hmmmmm..Dream Theatre....that would truly suck !

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Good Christ! The combinations make my head hurt just thinking of it. You prove a good point, Cradle and Dream Theater kick ass, but they have their sound. Don't fuck with it.
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    pissed off aggressive music needs pissed off aggressive vocals..

[/ QUOTE ]
                    This sums it all up quite nicely.

Comment

my friends and i have always tried to explain to the unenlightened that theres no other vocals for death metal than screaming/growling....its just what fits.

chris

Comment

i was also thinking that necrophagist has a high music to vocal ratio and i like them pretty good.

Comment

they are a very great band as well much like their label mates Arsis and Capharnaum.. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X