Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for some good Death Metal without.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some good Death Metal without.....

the cookie monster voice. Know of any?
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Re: Looking for some good Death Metal without.....

Depends on what your definition of "cookie monster voice" is.

There is the super-low gurgle, the deep growl, the deep scream.... etc. There really isn't anything DM without some kind of growling going on.

Have you tried the lighter stuff? Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, early Soilwork, At The Gates, The Haunted... stuff like that?
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Growling is what makes death metal..."death metal"

Please check out Nevermore, Vintersorg, Borknagar.

Comment

I think you're looking for harder power metal. But, there is a lot of dragon humping going on with them....

Comment

I know the question sounds funny....but, I want the music and the lyrics in the style of death metal.....but, with some actual vocals....minus the dragon humping of course. I like some growling ,but, when the growl is so bad you can not understand the lyrics....its kind of pointless IMO.-Lou
          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Death metal has growling in it. No growling results in no death metal for the most part. Death metal with singing all the time would be kind of goofy, in my opinion.

You should look into "technical metal" since a lot of the tech bands have death metal styled sections.

But you should check out
            Martyr (Quebec/Canada) - Vocals remind me of older Sepultura sort of.
            Pestilence - Vocals might be a little bit more extreme but the music is excellent.
            Nevermore - Last 4 albums. Not really death metal but it might fit the bill.
            Coroner - You don't like this band then you might as well change your moniker to HeyZeus

The best "harder" power metal band without dragon humping, elf love making, dwarf hand holding, and dancing in the forest with assorted characters from Lord Of The Rings is Persuader from Sweden. Excellent band.

Comment

Coroner [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] thats exactly what I am looking for. -Lou

Comment

Try Children of Bodom.

Comment

Coroner... WAaaaaayyyyy Coooool....

Tommy V rules...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Try Children of Bodom.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehhh...no. He didn't say, "annoying vocals" he asked for "Death metal without cookie monster" [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Drip, you da man! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

COB might be flavour of the month & a kick arse band, but their vocals (or rather, Alexi's) suck.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          COB might be flavour of the month & a kick arse band, but their vocals (or rather, Alexi's) suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the vocals are ALMOST as bad as the lyrics. I know I shouldn't give them shit and all (especially since I actually like the band, met and hung out with the band, and the vocalist in my band kinda mimicks his style sort of) but... Really... The lyrics are terrible.

Comment

Check out Control Denied, Cynic and Atrox. See which direction of the three you'd like to go and I can give you better recommendations...
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X