Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Episode III - One word

[ QUOTE ]
    Here's my only problem: Darth Vader has always been my favorite character, cause he was so badass. I've got Darth Vaders all over my office. And yeah, I knew he was evil and all that, but that didn't matter. He was just the coolest.
    Well, today I walk out of the theater and I'm kinda bummed. And it dawns on me why: I finally realized what a dick he is. A selfish, whiny, egotistical, murdering dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] thats what MAKES him so cool!
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Comment

I saw it last night, it was a great movie, really tied everything together pretty good.

Comment

I saw it last night myself. I've been a huge Star Wars fan for many years. I read as many books as I can get my hands on. I was a little disappointed that many scenes explaining situations were cut out and the dialog wasn't too much better than Ep.II, but overall it was a great movie. I'll definitely be seeing it again this weekend. (right Kristi?!?!)
        Occupy JCF

Comment

The "Clone Wars" cartoons vol 1&2 leads you up to ROTS.
          You find out why General Grievous, has that nasty cough.
          The Emperor was the best.
          Great Movie.

Comment

please tell me that it's james earl jones doing the voice of vader in this? i've heard rumors that he didn't do it.

vader's mask may also look different b/c it was something that lucas wanted to fix. he said it wasn't symmetrical in the other movies, and in the bonus features of the dvd, they do a little bit about it.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The "Clone Wars" cartoons vol 1&2 leads you up to ROTS.
              You find out why General Grievous, has that nasty cough.
              The Emperor was the best.
              Great Movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

The book "Labrynth of Evil" leads you to what has happened right up to the opening scrawl of ROTS.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I saw it last night myself. I've been a huge Star Wars fan for many years. I read as many books as I can get my hands on. I was a little disappointed that many scenes explaining situations were cut out and the dialog wasn't too much better than Ep.II, but overall it was a great movie. I'll definitely be seeing it again this weekend. (right Kristi?!?!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on, Tekky. It was a very good movie. Definitely the best of the prequels. I think I ruined it for myself a little, though, by reading the novel beforehand. And I don't mean being disappointed by knowing the plot ahead of time. I mean that the novel was that much better, especially how it explained the details of the plot better, characters' motivations, and expanded on some of the critical scenes in ways that just made the story make more sense.

Again, it was a great movie. But the whole prequel experience has convinced me that Lucas is now so obsessed with the new technology of film-making and editing, that his efforts on plot and story have become way weak. Admittedly, though, the plot of this one was much better than Eps. I & II.

Comment

I saw it at 12:01 am yesterday and can't believe it took this long to see a thread started -lol. I guess I could have started one yesterday instead of looking for one to come up!
                  Anyway, I thought it was awesome!! I will defintely see it a few more times but I want to borrow the cartoons from my brother to watch before I see it again. I had watched the first couple last year, and although the cartoons themselves are cheesy, the content is really good and is supposed to fill in the gap between II and III.
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

@ Cartoon Network Season 2 is availble to see... Season one was just more of a story but season 2 fills in the crawl like Labyrinth of Evil
                    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Right on, Tekky. It was a very good movie. Definitely the best of the prequels. I think I ruined it for myself a little, though, by reading the novel beforehand. And I don't mean being disappointed by knowing the plot ahead of time. I mean that the novel was that much better, especially how it explained the details of the plot better, characters' motivations, and expanded on some of the critical scenes in ways that just made the story make more sense.

Again, it was a great movie. But the whole prequel experience has convinced me that Lucas is now so obsessed with the new technology of film-making and editing, that his efforts on plot and story have become way weak. Admittedly, though, the plot of this one was much better than Eps. I & II.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the books for the movies do that though. But, yeah, I agree I kinda ruined it for myself too.

Did anyone else see "the bearded one" in his cameo?
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, he was in the water ballet scene. (Theatre crowd.) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Also, I think the young jedi that got wasted by the clone troopers (scene with Jimmy Smits outside jedi temple) was Lucas' son. And his daughters and Rick (producer) were in the landing platform crowd, after the opening rescue.

Comment

Right. Lucas was outside Palpatine's booth talking with who I think is his daughter. And yeah, I think the youngling that got wasted was Jett.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

I went to the midnight showing Thursday morning and it was a lot of fun. Obviously, it was all hardcore fans, so there was a lot of cheering and stuff. Went and saw it again yesterday afternoon. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Spoilers...

I really really like this movie. I'd heard going in that it was dark but even then, I was unprepared for how incredibly brutal and violent it is. I grew up on Star Wars and there were a bunch of scenes that were really heartbreaking for me. Seeing the Jedi gunned down might have been the hardest for me. I mean, they're friggin' Jedi! And Anakin in the Jedi Temple with the younglings--how hardcore was that?

Anakin's descent to the dark side was really well done. I totally bought it, and it had nice parallels with the other movies. Luke leaves his training early for the same reason Anakin turns to the dark side (fear of losing someone he loves) and it puts a lot more weight on Yoda's pleading for him to stay on Dagobah. At that point, Yoda probably thought he lost him.

I also appreciated all the little tie ins that Lucas threw in there. Along with the stuff people have mentioned already, I loved the fact that Organa's ship looks just like the Rebel Blockade Runner, right down to the interior. (I guess it could be the same actual ship?)

I could nitpick, but I won't. Overall, I think if was fantastic and I put it up there with A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Awesome movie.

Comment

Actually, it is the same ship, the Tantive IV.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Actually, it is the same ship, the Tantive IV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, cool. I wasn't sure because it looks much smaller to me, for some reason, in Episode III.

Comment

Working...
                                X