Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode III - One word

DUDEFUCKIN'HELLYEAH!
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Re: Episode III - One word

Yup. Don't take young kids to it (younglings) but it was great!

I went to the 10am showing today (earliest one near my house) and there were a LOT of 30-40 somethings playing hooky from work.

Pete

Comment

I'm with ya, Tim. Major event here in my household. Called the kids in sick from school today and we went to the first available showing. Awesome.

Here's my only problem: Darth Vader has always been my favorite character, cause he was so badass. I've got Darth Vaders all over my office. And yeah, I knew he was evil and all that, but that didn't matter. He was just the coolest.

Well, today I walk out of the theater and I'm kinda bummed. And it dawns on me why: I finally realized what a dick he is. A selfish, whiny, egotistical, murdering dick.

Anyway, I still thought the movie ruled. I'll see a few more times with my boys for sure.

Comment

went last night to the 12:01 am showing. IT was indeed entertaining.

Best of the prequels by far.

Comment

I thought the last two were so terrible that I am holding off on this one. That and with all the product tie-ins I am sick of the damn movie before I've even seen it. I want to see it for free. In about two months when all the fuckin' Burger King ads are done.

Comment

Took the day off yesterday. There were only about 6 other people in the cinema yesterday morning.

I guess everyone else was off watching Star Wars while the wife & I saw Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Long live Douglas Adams
            Hail yesterday

Comment

our entire engineering team (well those who wanted to go) from multiple locations went today to see it. Some went at 10am some 12:30 at my loco

I never got into Star Wars. I didnt care for the first one can't say I saw any of the other ones all the way through.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

I went to the first showing at 12:01 last night. Amazing! Way past cool and just as hard core as Epire Strikes Back. Just brutal and heart rending all the way through.

There was almost some drama before the movie started thoough. The movie didnt start on time so people were getting rowdy in the theater and this one nerd dressed as a jedi and waving around a light saber was pissing me off. So I got up and screamed at him "Shut the fuck up and sit your stupid ass down, bitch." The whole movie theater burst out laughin and the guy was acting hard asking who said it so he could kick the person's ass. So I stood up, I'm 6'3, wearing all black and in a Megadeth shirt, he took one look at me, shut up and sat his bitch ass down like I said.
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

hahaha nice chicken scratch.

I was buzzing on Jack Daniels (mixed with coke while we waited in line (we pounded an entire bottle between 3 of us) before we got inside...and I was wearing my "OB/GYN Kenobi" t-shirt.

It was a great time. If the movie had sucked..the emo fag giving his wussed out..pussy play by play commentary behind me would've gotten a fist in the face for sure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Took the day off yesterday. There were only about 6 other people in the cinema yesterday morning.

I guess everyone else was off watching Star Wars while the wife & I saw Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Long live Douglas Adams

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't comparable. Space Opera vs. Space Comedy.

I liked HGTTG though. But not as much as ROTS

Comment

I've never seen a single star wars movie in my life.... I may keep it that way
                      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I saw it and I liked it, but the movie still wasn't as good as 4 & 5. Better than 1&6 and slightly better than 2.

The things I didn't like -
                        1)the babies looked like real bad CGI when they went from the droid to Obi
                        2) Like all movies since 1990, sh!t was flying everywhere 'just because we can' it is distracting to me, and since the matrix overdid that crap, I'm tired of it.
                        3) The movie looked like it was two movies spliced together, no transition from EPIII style stuff to EPIV style spaceships and pace it was like a lightswitch and we were in 1977.
                        4)Vader's helmet looked like his mouth was flatter, he looked short, and even though he was only in it for a few seconds, he looked sloppy.
                        5)I can't tell if it was cool or cheesy when Vader did a Frankenstein's monster - was that on purpose?
                        6)Poorly painted ding on Vader's helmet
                        7)When the Chancellor's horned buddy jumped up and ran away, his rubber horns bounced - too fake.

I guess I could slam EPIV and EPV, but they weren't done with this pompous attitude Lucas has taken with the project since they were made.

BTW I Loved the movie, but there wasn't much to do but film it IMO because the plot was written already, but it definitely didn't suck, and I will watch it 100 more times.

I loved the way Vader ended up being vader, even though I knew it was coming and I was suprised at how much I liked even the cheesiest stuff.

Anakin being a dick in I and II was all worth it when we see him as the ultimate A-hole - darth vader!

Did you spot the Millineum Falcon about 5 min in?
                        Did you see Governor Tarkin at the bridge of the starship with Vader and the emporer? Great job on those details!

Oh yeah, caught it @ 11:20am this morning (long lunch [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
                        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Grand Moff Tarkin....yup.

Missed the Millenium Falcon.

The frankenstein thing was on purpose, I"m pretty sure. Though I agree...I didn't like the clumsiness of Vader when he stepped off the medical table. and the stupid..."Noooooooo!" like a bitch he did. Real men mourn in silence.

Frankenstein kills his maker
                          Vader kills his Master/maker.

Comment

Though I haven't seen the movie, I must assume the "clumsiness" would be due to being recently rebuilt and fitted for the suit that keeps him alive, and I also assume he needs the suit because he got the shit beat out of him, so yeah, waking up for the first time with mechanical parts controlled by nerve reflexes and nanomachines I doubt YOU'D be able to walk a straight line [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Remember, this is Darth Vader Day One, not "Intergalactic BadAss 20 Years On" like in Ep 4 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              They aren't comparable. Space Opera vs. Space Comedy.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              true. Hitchhikers' merchandising department isn't comparable either. I can't find a decent Slartibartfast action figure anywhere [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X