High school nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High school nightmares

I had one again last night, as I do several times a year. I dream that I am in high school again, and I show up late, can't remember where my locker is, can't remember my combination, don't know what books to grab because I don't have a clue what class I'm supposed to be going to, and then I can't remember what room to go to. Sometimes, I even make it to the class (late of course), and of course I don't have my books, and don't have the slightest clue what is going on.

Now, you'd probably get the impression that I didn't do well in school, but I actually always did very well without really trying. I spent most of my grade 11 year stoned out of my mind, and barely ever in class. I still managed to pass all of my courses.

Another interesting thing, is that the school in my dream is never actually my high school, in fact it is always different.

A variation on this theme, which I'm sure I'm not alone in experiencing, is the "naked at school" dream (not too far removed from the "naked on the bus" dream).

Weird shit!
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: High school nightmares

Maybe you need to start smoking some of that shit again. I sleep like a rock and very vivid groovy dreams....
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Yeah Zeegler I get a dream pretty similar I can never remember my schedule or where my classes are and the school is always different and it haqppens about once a year I get the dream... Strange stuff
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I have those same dreams....forgotten schedule, cant remember the combination to my locker (really strange, I never locked mine). Whats even stranger is I can remember my schedule for each year to this day....theres gotta be some subconscious thing going on to cause dreams like that....Em will know LOL

Mrs LPC

Comment

I have school dreams as well. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Typically they used to happen to me the day before school starts in September, and I dream of the first day, usually a disaster. Fortunately my dreams are never prophetic and the first day back at school turns out alright. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Lately, I've been having these dreams more. For some WEIRD reason, they always take place at my elementary school, except I'm my current age! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And the lectures are taking place in those stupid portables! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I love dreaming and the best dreams always occur in the morning. I like frequent disturbances in the morning so that I wake up, organize the thoughts, and actually REMEMBER the dream.

Other frequent dreams of mine include:

-Tornadoes, even though I have NEVER even experienced one in my entire life. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          -Being able to squeeze into REALLY small spaces and tunnels the diameter of a golf hole.
          -Flying around my actual neighborhood just by rhythmically pedalling my legs/feet through the air.
          -Hand-to-hand combat which always occuring in slow motion for some reason, even though I'm desperately TRYING to punch faster. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          -Driving around.
          -Playing guitar left-handed. My first dream like this was many years ago and got me thinking about learning guitar. I bought a right-handed guitar when I was 17. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          -Escaping beasts or acts of God (tornadoes again, or floods).
          -Guns that never actually shoot. Very frustrating when trying to take out the beasts discussed previously. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          -Very weird sexual encounters where it's ALWAYS missionary position for some reason. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Usually, some of these elements are thrown in together into one dream sequence and it becomes quite enjoyable to experience! I'd be fist-fighting some large werewolf thing in slow motion, while trying to escape it and a rising flood or oncoming tornado by pedal-flying fifty feet above my neighborhood rooftops! It's very vivid and lifelike, which is strange considering I have no idea how my neighborhood would look from that height, but when I think about it, it actually looks quite accurate!

Comment

I've never had a dream about high school, but when I was in high school ('86- '90), I once had a weird dream about towels and that I was going to get a disease from one. Still have no clue what it meant. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Recently, about a month or so ago, I had a dream about actress Kirstie Alley; I was at a party and met her, she was following me around or something, I can't quite remember... the next night, I was watching TV and she was actually on the Jay Leno Show. That was freaky! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              ....Em will know LOL

Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] How the HELL did you know?!!
              Actually... um.. YES! I do know. I've studied dream interpretation and manipulation quite extensively.
              If you want me to go into what this particular dream means, I'd be happy to. Its a common dream circumstance definitely related to your subconcious and conciousness.
              Or else I can point you towards the library with a list of books to look into if you would like to join me as a fanatic. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Em, have fun deciphering my flying, werewolf-beating, floods and tornadoes from Hell, missionary position sex only dreams. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Uh-Oh... is this going to turn into an "Ask Em and her Crystal Ball" thing? [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Okay, Priest. Let me eat my dinner first. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

In your subconcious mind you feel that you carry around more knowledge than you are able to utilize effectively..you feel frustrated because the knowledge you have cannot be accesed when you need it.

Comment

One thing that I have to clarify about my dreams before Em begins her potentially HILARIOUS interpretation after her dinner... my sex dreams are NOT in slow motion. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just the combat always seems to be slowed down for some reason. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

And most of the time, I am quite aware I am dreaming, and telling myself that inside the dream, which apparently is key to lucid dreaming and exploiting the dream. I've only read a little bit on the subject, so Em is probably better off diagnosing my dreams than I am. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Damn right I'm frustrated that I cannot access skills when I need them in real life. How friggin' COOL would it be to just fly to school/work everyday, or fight in The Matrix-style "bullet-time"? [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        In your subconcious mind you feel that you carry around more knowledge than you are able to utilize effectively..you feel frustrated because the knowledge you have cannot be accesed when you need it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one idea, yes, definitely.
                        Here are a few others that can apply depending upon your own personal situation;
                        Feelings of being lost, confused in a situation, or misplacing information or things can imply misplaced values or sense of values. You may be feeling that your sense of right and wrong is misplaced or forgotten.
                        This dream can also symbolize feelings of vulnerability, uneasiness, insecurity, or uneasy about a situation or feelings that are currently happening in your conscious state. It could mean you are afraid of losing what you have worked so hard to achieve.
                        It could also serve as a warning against carelessness... if you have valuable information you have not taken measures to secure, it may be weighing on you until you take care of it.

That's all I can think of at the moment... now I REALLY need to get to dinner. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been having dreams lately that "finish" and then start over (either from the beginning or at some random point). In my dream I realize this, and try to change the outcome of a dream (even if the outcome was kind of cool). I try to make different choices (i.e., take a different road, flirt with the blonde instead of the brunette, etc.). I get these dreams once in a great while (once or twice a month maybe...sometimes more). They are not bad dreams either...in fact some of them are pretty cool actually.

I'm curious what this means... [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Probably means I want more control of my life or something boring like that...

Comment

Okay Em, Ive got a dream that I REALLY need you to interpret for me. I wont post it here, because I dont wanna hijack the highschool thread...I will PM it to yas!!

Krista

Comment

Sorry for highjacking your thread Zeegs. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X