Tell us about your band(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell us about your band(s)

My band is called Toilet. We were working on our new album, "We Suck Shit" but we end up just getting drunk. Eventually we will finish it. Its been a WIP for about 20 years now.............

Comment

I put a band together, I went to Canada for 2 weeks, got stuck there for 3 weeks after 9/11 and when I came back they broke up. SOB.....

Comment

Mine WAS Pretense, which was over-commercialzed metalcore. No emo....but mostly clean vocals. I wanted to go much heavier, but any singer I ever worked with never wanted to do the kind of vocals I wanted.
        So now I do vocals (Death/Clean) and guitar. I'm starting a new project but won't be using the PRETENSE name for it.
        It's going to be the newest-sounding/heaviest shit I've ever done.

Comment

Well My "Bed Of Nails" would still exist if there was a "worthy" drummer to hook with... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dreaded Silence - Melodic metal band in which I play guitar. Influenced by Opeth, Katatonia, Megadeth, Porcupine Tree, In Flames, etc. Clean and harsh vocals, lots of harmony parts (though not cheese-laden ones). Sample MP3: Dreaded Silence - Inside The Buzzard Circle. (The lead at 1:50 is mine, the one at 3:50 is our other guitarist Mike's)

Xasis - Acoustic-based rock project I'm working on. I play guitar (though I do vocals on the scratch track I'm linking). A lot different from DS, influenced by Pink Floyd, Ours, A Perfect Circle, Blackfield, and Stone Temple Pilots. Sample MP3: Xasis - Transient Grace (I do all vocals and guitar on this, much to everyone's chagrin).
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

The name of my band is (duh) Crankdaddy.

I like to describe us as "sloppy poppy punk rock n roll." Poppy because you can sing along with our choruses, punk because we're fast & loud (and it's the biggest influence on my musical tastes next to metal), and rock n roll because we're not hardcore enough to be pure punk. And sloppy because nobody flogs a barre chord better than I do. (Whaddaya expect? I've only been playing for three and a half years.)

I sing (yeah, right), play guitar, and tell jokes. And I'm also the songwriter, so you know who to blame if you hate it.

Check us out at www.crankdaddy.com

Everything's there for downloading. I suggest you start with "Jetta."

Comment

hmmm...

well by now everyone should know i'm the lead singer and co/guitarist (with charvel junkie)of Devane...try to describe it tho?...it's really, to me, more of a hard rock than metal band...plenty of links for you to make up your own minds tho...
                Devane-mp3unsigned
                Devane homesite
                Devane on myspace

next up is Torquestra...my side project from Devane...i write, program and/or perform all the parts on this instrumental project...and have posted various clips in the mp3 submissions forum...but for those few that haven't checked it out...here are some links as well...

Torquestra on mp3unsigned
                Torquestra home site
                Torquestra on myspace

hopefully there is enough music on all of that to keep you busy for awhile...any comments would be appreciated...d.m.
                http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I play bass in a christian based band [Don't tell Horns] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. We play at churches all around were we live so the house worship band can have a weekend off.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I have many other projects that are terminally on the back-burner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am "attached" to one of Ace's back-burner projects....I think. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My friend chris and I are going to start jamming once school gets done. I play the guitars and he plays the drums. We try to combine the technicality of a band like Extol or Dream Theater with a medium to medium fast paced rhythm without playing the same four chords over and over again. We don't have a name, though when people ask we usually either tell them Flaming Jason and the Rockets or the Dennis Miller Ratio.
                      Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                      The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
                      X