Tell us about your band(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell us about your band(s)

I'm kind of curious because well... I'm bored at work installing Windows XP into the world's slowest computer. As the thread title suggests, tell us about your band; name, style of music, what you do in the band, how long the band been together, links to music we can listen to, what you guys are up to currently. Not really intended to be a plug your band thread, but more of a "This is what I'm using my guitar skills" type thread. I like listening to new music especially from bands that aren't well known.

Re: Tell us about your band(s)

My "bands" are as follows:

DUDEFUCKINHELLYEAH!: We are a stoner/grind band, I am the only guitar player. We formed in December 2004. We are auditioning a new bass player Wednesday since our original bass player had to leave to tour with his other band, Horse the band. We have been playing about 1 show a week since we started playing out a month ago. Tomorrow we play Riverside, then the next Saturday we play Long Beach again. We have a three song demo out on MySpace and we are finishing up vocals for a much better produced split 7". We are in the process of booking a 2 week West Coast tour in July.

The Bruce Cheng Experience: Mormon Voodoo Jazz band which consits of me on bass and Bruce Cheng on drums and vocals. We rarely rehearse and wrote our entire first album while recording it. We still need to mix that project down, though it may never play live. No website or merch or anything.

AIDS the band: This band just formed last weekend and promises to be the bleakest most depressing life-hating music ever. I have some lyrics, but that's all so far.

These are my three bands that I am sort of working on, DUDEFUCKINHELLYEAH! by FAR being the most serious. I have many other projects that are terminally on the back-burner.

Comment

Ace,

What is a Mormon Voodoo Jazz Band? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

2 Bands right now.
        Ravage: Thrash/Death Metal. I just joined the band (see MP3 Submissions-subforum thread for Mp3s [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) and so far I'm a pretty fuckin happy camper just to be in the band. We're pretty much looking for gigs everywhere in Germany, and if/when a tour shows up we'd probably play that, too. As far as I know, we're going to write some new songs for an EP or Split ASAP. I've been in this band for like 4 weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Defectdead: Old school thrash. I joined the band because the guys in there are really cool and fun to hang with, plus they had a gig after my old band lined up (needless to say, we slayed them [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ). It's more of a fun project, as the drummer & other guitarist have a pretty good-runnning "fun punk"-band, and we're about to record this month. This is the band where the HDD crashed, if anyone read that thread. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Here we go.

Shaded Enmity: Not sure how to classify the band, but people say we sound like Amon Amarth and Children of Bodom but a little bit more melodic / catchy (Iron Maiden style). I'm the only remaining original member. I play guitar and write songs with the other guitar player. We play out at least 2 or 3 times a month and we're currently starting to buckle down and write more material. We've recorded a demo and a full length CD. Some stuff available for listening here www.myspace.com/shadedenmity

Funeral Age: Thrash / Death / Black metal (think Venom meets Slayer meets Dissection meets Emperor with a side helping of Angel Corpse and Celtic Frost). Joined last August on bass guitar and we've been gigging usually about once or twice a month since then. We have one CD out that I didn't play on but it recieved pretty good reviews from zines / other publications (Metal Maniacs, for example). We opened for Kreator earlier this week and now we're working on writing new material. The website hasn't been updated in forever, but there is one track to listen to on there. As a heads up some people might find the lyrics to be objectionable or offensive. www.funeralage.com

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i just installed OSX tiger in 35 minutes! gotta love it.

not in a band right now, but i was in a kiss tribute band and an original band called Rev Luv (short for Reverend Love and The Bombastic Hellcats) I just recently got a disc with all the stuff that was recorded. I still have to record my tracks on them, and when I do, I'll be sure to bore you to death with sound clips! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Here's us:
              Chronicles of Mayhem: Older 80's metal (think Maiden I guess) combined with todays newer stuff (I think). I play rythym guitar, we have been together (completely) about 2 months. We hope to record our demo within a month. No website yet, soon. Just ordered our first T-shirts. This is my first band, and I love it!!

Comment

not in a band at the moment. check out this link for what i want to create though.

http://s92477029.onlinehome.us/music/bandinfo.html

too demanding maybe?
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

PIGEON HOLE is Sambencuda and myself on lead guitar, a bass player, drummer and a lead singer. We do 80's, 90's and todays METAL. Mostly 2 guitar band stuff ala Ratt, Maiden, Scorpions, Priest, Tesla, Velvet Revolver. We do everything from Don't Fear the Reaper to Slither.

Comment

Nematocyst - Technical Death... not uber technical, not overly brutal, just good death metal that isn't completely downtuned. Both songs are in standard E flat drop D.

I play bass, but lately I've been playing secondary guitar... Still looking for either a bassist or 2nd guitarist to fill the last open position. We've played a few shows, but our practice schedule is pretty lax right now, so we've passed up a few shows we could have played. Last time we played out it was disasterous.

Anyways.... link to 2 tunes (right click save as, etc...):

Carcinogen
                    Nocturnal Domain

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      not in a band at the moment. check out this link for what i want to create though.

too demanding maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's too demanding at all. You're just looking for specific people and being up front about what you want the abilities of the people to be like.. Where are you located though? You never mention that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

too demanding maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cool that you know what you want, but if you get too specific and rigid you may be looking for a LONG time for the right people to play with.

Comment

Exhuman: thrash/death with progressive parts (kind of)
                          2 demos and an upcoming (selfproduced) full lenght.

Comment

Killer Orange is my one-man band. Style is death/black/prog/weirdness. I recorded some demo "songs", but have yet to post them, since I don't have an MP3 encoder. The stuff I've recorded is really more comical and stupid than it is serious and musical. The project will likely get more serious and musical as I obtain better equipment.

Comment

At the moment, I mostly jam a bit with some friends.

My main jamming buddy doesn't like the heavier stuff, but is more into Radiohead, Jimi, SRV, Neil Young, etc...

I'm more into ( or a fucking lot into Metallica, Megadeth, Dream Theater, Guitar Virtuosos, SRV, etc...

So when we get together we tell each other what we wanna play, and we either teach other the songs and techniques used or start playing the song, if we already know it. For instance I'll suggest we play Creeping Death, eventhough he doesn't really like Metallica, but the next song will be something of Bob Dylan, because he likes that.

And then when we start writing our own songs it's always extremely interesting, I personally believe the ultimate success in a band is reached when the members have totally different influences, but one point of accordance (in our case Blues).

I used to be in a Metallica/Heavy Metal coverband, and jammed a lot. I'm in love with the 80's, I would give everything to have been born 10 years earlier!
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X