No announcement yet.

Should the whole band pay for the pa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should the whole band pay for the pa?

If you plan on playing anywhere other than your studio, have one person buy the equipment and lease it to the band. that way the person taking the risk will eventually end up owning the rig. I did that when I started 22 years ago in junior high, now I have 2 system, one install and one rig for the band I am playing in. It's like having another small income to buy guitars with! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the best way for a whole band to pay for a PA is everybody buys different pieces of equipment of equal value. (drummer and guitarists get a few speakers, bassist grabs the amp, vocalist gets mics and cords, etc.) That way, if everybody parts ways, people will have equipment to call theirs. Granted, most of it would be totally useless without its counterparts, but at least you won't be bitching about who keeps what. If everybody buys in, the best you can do is sell the PA and split the money afterward. I can't imagine that would be a fightless move. If you take home just a speaker or some other bogus piece, you can always put it up on ebay.

Comment

Depends on the circumstance... is the vocalist a permanent fixture in the band? If the answer is YES, make him buy it. If it is not, or you are unsure, then have the musicians buy it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I dont´t think that he has the money atm.
          We said that we would just sell it and share the money if the band breaks up...

Comment

Working...
          X