Should the whole band pay for the pa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the whole band pay for the pa?

So my band is propably getting a new rehersal place soon, and would have to get our own pa.

Now the question is, would it be fair if everybody pays as much, when the singer is pretty much the only one that uses it (ok, some background vocals but anyway)
    I talked to the drummer about this, and he feels that when everybody else in the band uses most of their money for gear, maybee the singer should pay more/everything.
    I doesn´t really know what to do, so please give me your opinions about it...

Re: Should the whole band pay for the pa?

Well, in most other bands I've known, the guys pay for their own gear and when it comes to band related stuff (CD Duplication, t shirts, etc) they all chip in. If the PA is mainly for the singer, hell let him pay for it. All he needs is a mic and a PA, but guitarists, drummers and bassists are always upgrading and messing with their rig. How much they wanna mess with it depends on how much their willing to shell out of course. Well, my 2 cents anyway

Comment

I concur. Ever heard of the band buying their guitarist a halfstack because all he has is a Gorilla practice amp? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Sure, a PA is a little different, but hell... it's not my problem if it collects dust in case the singer is kicked. Just like it's not his problem if my halfstack or backup guitars collect dust.

Comment

What are you guys planning to use when you play out? Won't you be running everything through the board so you get a nice mix? I think most singers would walk and move on to a situation where a band either has their own system or rehearses at a studio that has one, when told to pony up the cash.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I guess mainly for rehersal, we don´t use to bring our own pa to gigs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I guess mainly for rehersal, we don´t use to bring our own pa to gigs.

[/ QUOTE ] Ahhh, now I understand. Here in the states, alot of the clubs don't have their own system, so we bring our own.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

if you're not putting drums through a PA (ddrum of some sort ? ) then he should pay it.

damn i hate vocalists [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The singer should pay for it. Or one other member should, but I wouldn't spread it across the entire band as that can make for intersting problems should someone quit.

Besides, having a PA around is handy even if it doesn't get used that much. It beats the hell out of not having one or renting one at the last minute.

Comment

The lazy ass fucking singer should pay for it.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

true...but remember...if the singer pays for it and walks...it goes with him...any "band bought gear" should be discussed prior to purchase so if anyone leaves or is kicked, they get re-imbursed for what they paid for...like it or not...when you start getting a little professional, it DOES become a business...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      The lazy ass fucking singer should pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]DAMN SKIPPY It's hard enough getting them to buy their own frikin mic(weak bastards)!No one helped me pay for my stack,guitars,ect.
                      www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

my douche-bag singer has invested 24.50 in our band since 1988!! the cost of a black mic stand. good luck getting a singer to drop any money for anything!!! but he should...cheap bitches.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Being a vocalist... [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] on the icky vibes! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

However, YES. If only he is using the PA, then he buys it. If the whole band were to use it, y'all chip in.

Goodluck,
                          Em

Comment

My opinion is that the vocalist should buy it as everyone has to buy "their own" stuff. I walk on stage with thousands of dollars worth of equipment that I have had to scrounge for to get.

That being said, I've ended up buying or owning the *%*@%$@^%@$ PA in every band I've been in!!!!!

Wow, your vocalist spent $24.50??? Wow... I don't know if I've seen one spend that much on anything other than his bar tab.

Buncha bustout wannabee musicians... Hmmph...

Comment

the kicker? he's had all these years (never replaced it) but was so trashed at our last show that he left it. now he's talking all nostalgic about his fucking mic stand...but he won't buy a new one!! he says he'll use one of mine!!! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X