Anyone using VOIP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone using VOIP?

They give you a Primus box with an Ethernet (RJ-45) in and out, and two phone jacks (RJ-11).
    I don't know why, but it doesn't like to be in the DMZ and I need the router in front of it to forward other ports, so I went to www.dslreports.com and someone suggested a weird range of ports to open up, like freakin swiss cheese, but it quit screwing up quite as badly. Oh yeah, I also installed an app on my PC to ping it occasionally and reboot the lingo box when it detects it's down. The shotgun approach seemed to help.

Open ports suggested for lingo are 69, 1020-1030, 5060-5065, and 10000-20000 I hate doing it, but it seemed to help.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I'm not that technically into it anymore, but on my Roadrunner software under the diagnostics, it dosen't show a public IP address. I called Time Warner and they said they aren't sure how I'm even online right now. It changed my IP address somehow. When I used my P2P software it stopped working all of a sudden. I tried opening up ports, but keep screwin it up. It's just a small problem, nothing to not get Lingo, just a pain in the ass for me. When I feel like givin it the ol' college try again I'll probably PM one of ya techy's to ask for help. But all in all Lingo's great for the $

Comment

your logged IP 24.29.154.82
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I have a Vonage line. Works great, but I don't recommend making it your *only* phone line. It's just not as reliable as a typical land line, and there are issues with 911 service.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            your logged IP 24.29.154.82

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what my cable provider said too, but he said it should be something else, I guess an IP more along the lines that they give out. No clue anymore

Comment

Working...
            X