Motor Heads........looky looky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Motor Heads........looky looky!

Yeah I have a precision industries 5 Clutch Stallion 3000 stall in the stang now. I love that thing! Very sweet!

Comment

I've got a PI Vigilante 3200 stall in the Z now...can't wait to finally get the car done and on the road...I've only heard great things about them!
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

I dunno, I've been dealing with TCI for some 25 years now and never a single problem. I guess it's who ya know huh!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Also, there are a lot of buzz words floating around out there as far as brand names go. I'll just stick to my old favs.
        Joel, sorry you had to spend so much money to make that small block run!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        (just kiddin with ya bro, I love to give you skinny motor guys some shit!)
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Amc's with Chevy power is a digrace. Drop in a AMC 401 and make some real power [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

My aunt had a 4 door rambler just like that. She lived in the Bronx. We used to play in it all the time whenever we went to visit her. I think yours will be just a bit faster. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice... my dad had a mid 60s Rambler. I always liked the Scrambler 390. Liked the AMC AMX even more. Good luck.

Comment

Very cool... I know zero about hot rods but did have my first "official" date in a Rambler. The one you restored and had up on eBay awhile back was bad@ss as well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I dunno, I've been dealing with TCI for some 25 years now and never a single problem. I guess it's who ya know huh!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I just know I have troubles with their products...

Comment

did you paint that yourself Mark? was thinking of butchering the Camaro SS and trying to put a new clearcoat on it myself. and Joel, couldn't see enough of the Z. is that a 91? would love to see more pics of both cars since i can't see my own.

Garry [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I've never had any problems with my TCI, B&M, or Coan. The TCI's are the cheapest though usually.

Comment

Weve had seriously painful troubles with several of their manual valve bodies (customers requesting to use TCI), and had their converters come apart and destroy our transmissions on more that one occassion. I find it interesting to see some pro drag cars with TCI stickers on them. I have to wonder what that is about, and if they actually even use the product.

B&M aren't really a tremendous amount better IMO, but seem better nonetheless. Can't say any have shredded on us yet, but we try not to use or recommend them. If I was making some serious power in a vehicle, I wouldn't want any of the above in it to be honest.

GER is another one that we aren't impressed with as well.

Bear in mind, the stuff I am talking about is regarding cars that are making a lot of power. Streetwise, you might be ok to use this stuff. Unless you are running a heavy car and launch hard with the good power, then I stay away from them still.

Best luck so far has been with Coan, Continental (a smaller custom shop), and Precision Industries.

We put a lot of hard work and expensive parts into building a good product and prefer not to chance a converter shredding metal into our stuff.

I guess I look at it like Craftsmen tools, -vs- Snapon/MAC/Matco. They're all basically useable, but professionally and where things really count, I don't really like to use Craftsmen tools. They break more, and destroy fasteners more etc. Why chance disaster when you realize something isn't quite as good?

Comment

I had a TCI in my Road Runner and that was a 3900lb car doing Flat 12's and a B&M in my Demon which was pretty much "stock"

I do agree about the Craftsman thing though, I break them left and right but my Snap on stuff never breaks

Comment

ummm guys, I was just showing off my little project, not trying to start a "brand name" debate. Yes I use TCI stuff, and even a few Craftsman tools. Maybe it's not the equipment at fault! (I've seen a lot of broken stuff due to improper use!) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Haha, not trying to start a brand name debate (I know you weren't, I guess I'm guilty of that, BTW), yet you have no problem saying someone doesn't know what they are doing? Umm, thanks!

Yer funny... Hehe... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh now I didn't imply that did I?? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X