Motor Heads........looky looky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Heads........looky looky!

Just thought my fellow car freaks here might enjoy this! This one isn't a customer car, it's my own little toy I've been working on for some time now. I'm gonna have some fun this summer!! I plan on having it finshed in the next month or so. I call it my little testosterone machine! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Re: Motor Heads........looky looky!

Can you say "Tubbed" ? [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I like the black/red look...now what is it? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Hard to tell...it's from early 60s? What motor is that in there? Looks huge.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

<font color="aqua">Very cool Mark! That's a Rambler, yes? 64 maybe? </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Looks like you'll be leaving with the wheels up ehh?

Nice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't forget the fender washers under the floor pan for the seat post bolts!! Thats one wicked ride Mark.

Comment

Is it a Chevy II? With a big block 454?

Comment

Very Cool. Mark. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Should have plenty of grip on the track. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

64-65 plymouth valiant? looks a lot like a 66 dart i used to have.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

What are the specs on the Rat under the hood??? I need details!

- Joel
                  RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                  RIP Dime

Comment

Budman wins! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    It's a 1965 Rambler American. The engine is a 454, fairly mild (I DO want to be ale to drive it!) Specs are 10:1 compression, Comp 280H magnum cam kit, steel crank, oval port heads w/mild port work, est. at about 450 HP. The rear is a narrowed Ford 9" with 3:55 gears and a spool. The trans is still being built, it's a turbo 400 with reverse manual valve body and 3000 stall TCI converter. The rear suspension is old school leafs, front is a mopar disk brake setup with mustang steering. My goal is a dependable driver that'll run on pump gas and produce some mid-high 11 second quarter mile times.

Comment

Here's a side shot I took before the engine and interior work were started. I think she's a cute 'lil buggar!

Comment

So... this thread isn't about Lemmy at all, is it?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Are those big ol' rear rubbers street legal?
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Sounds like a reliable ride with loads of power. You should have no problems getting into the 11's.
                          Here are some shots of my small block 383...AFR heads, Callies crank, Lunati Pro Mod 6" rods, 10.1:1 CR, Miniram intake, Comp Cams valvetrain etc...
                          Dynoed at 523hp/482ft-lbs

RIP Dime

Comment

Any special reason you're interested in using a TCI converter? I'm refusing to even sell them to my customers that ask for them anymore.

I so much hope the VB isn't TCI as well bro... We just had a big hassle with those guys on a 700 reverse manual Transbrake unit... Those guys are truly hard to do things with, took us over two months to get it straight, and staight was still with us buying a second valvebody from them to replace the defectiove one the sold us in the first place!!! I'll never send them another cent...

For that unit, Coan converters baby!!! Ain't cheap, but are serious pieces.

Comment

I agree.....Coan, Yank, or Precision Industries....they're all at least $700, but well worth it in the end!

- Joel
                              RIP Dime

Comment

Working...
                              X