• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Major Attitude problem!

[ QUOTE ]
    Huh. Possible guitarist opening in Syracuse, eh? *chin scratch*

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL, I am always open to anything... I would even start over if the situation was right. I have done it before.

Matt

Comment

Rick... bro...

Shut up and play yer guitar. Or move to a better market.
      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you wanna play with pros - ya gotta go to where the pros play. Dig?

"I also let them know that I knew how the bass parts and drum parts go to all this stuff and wanted them to play it right cause I had just gotten out of a band that sucked cause they played whatever they wanted to."

Ya talked yourself right out of a gig right there. For what it's worth, I prolly would have sent you packing as well. Now, if you have some commercial success under yer belt, ie. Regional or National releases/tours - a press kit - that's different. But if you don't have any of that, exactly how do you justify the 'attitude'? You're just a guitar player amungst a zillion guitar players in a teeny-tiny little market that can support, what, maybe a dozen? And most of those gigs are most likely Country/Western cover gigs!

I'm not busting on you personally, 'cause I don't know you outside this board. Just slapping some reality on you to help you find some joy in what you want to do.

Learn to be humble, my friend - 'cause the Pros aren't gonna put up with that crap either.
      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

NOr,

I know, I jsut got out of a situation that was so bad that it has brouhgt out my bad side as far as my attitude. Also this was my second audition since leaving them and the first one I did exactl;y what you guys said I should have done this time, I politley declined as the bass player was horrible, but now I have this guy calling me every week wanting me to pla ywith him.

The thing is , I'm not one among a lot in this area, honestly without exagerating, I m one of about 5 guys who can actually really play, and 3 of us ae already in big established bands.

But I never thought of myself as being the guys who is gonna get every gig casue there isn't anyone else, it jus came out tht way this time, I guess casue I'm so disapointed that the last 3 things I have been involved with have ranged from so so to just plain bad.

Those guys told me that they haven't practiced in about 4 months casue they couldn't find a guitarist at al around here and tht is the way it is, there aren't a lot of us to begin with.

I jus t took it as a " You called me " kind of thing and you asked for my advice so I'm gonna give it to ya, and I went overboard with it. I ws totally wrong.

On thing I can say to all you guys on her though, honestly , no bull is that if someone told me what I told them, I would have no problem with it casue I know that I play the stuff right, now there is always stuff taht I can't do, but when it comes to 3 doors Down adb Creed and Fuel well you ge the picture.

Now I can't play anything original to save my A**, and I tell guys that, I jus feel if you want to play covers, that you have to do as Newc said and play them the way people are used to hearing them.

The drummer in the band I left told me that since I left , people in the crowd, including girls are telling him that things sound different and sometimes not right, and now he told me that he see's why I wanted all the stuff to be right.

People don't have to be musicians to iknow when something sounds bad.

I wish that I lived in an area with half of you guys ,so I could jam with decent musicians adn be happy, but it just isn't in my future for that to happen I guess.
        Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
        X