So who is willing to admit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So who is willing to admit...

Well I'm sorta guilty. Yes I do talk gear but I prefer talking music on here and since I don't have a technical cell in mybody I could never say I do any fixing or building or modding. I pretty much play and if something goes wrong I know a repair guy who's cheap.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Yeah... me too. I don't know why so many of us get like this?

When I first started visiting this forum back when it was linked to an old Jackson website, I thought having 2 or 3 guitars was a lot; and I also played a lot more. Now I have 15-20 guitars(not even sure), don't think much of it, and play rarely. After a while you have to think of yourself as something of a collector rather than a musician.

They need to put a pop up on this forum, that after you've spent 20 minutes or so surfing a little window comes up and says "Get off the computer and go play your guitar!".

Comment

Add me to the list of offenders!

Comment

I will take it a step further. Not only am I a hack at playing, but I have all nice guitars and honestly, my playing doesn't warrant such nice axes. Sometimes I really feel guilty about having them all and playing so badly. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Sad, but true.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I will take it a step further. Not only am I a hack at playing, but I have all nice guitars and honestly, my playing doesn't warrant such nice axes. Sometimes I really feel guilty about having them all and playing so badly. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Sad, but true.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 to what Stuka says [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Totally fuckin' guilty here. I don't even play or work on my guitars as much as I sit here at the J C Fuckin' F talking about them!!
              But then again....I'm broke, so I can't buy anything right now anyway.....*sigh*

Comment

really guilty.

i can name specs on almost any guitar, but dont have fretboard memorized! (sue me)

... and this coming from 12 years of classical trumpet.. im ashamed.

Comment

i can definitely admit to this. I spend literally every other second (when the guitar is out of my hands): Thinking aboiut playing, Imagining myself playing, talking about guitars, talking about playing guitars, discussing a new trick i learned somewhere, talking about one of the billions of riffs i forgot that came to my head in pre-calc, writing songs, learning about guitars, thinking about them...

it'll get worse too, because i probably won;t have a guitar around for a very long time (other than church practices).

no wonder i can't get a girlfriend.

Comment

Are you guilty if you spend more time looking at and talking about guitars...if you do it at work where you can't play one anyways? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

SO Guilty... In fact I may spend more time shipping gear than playing it
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Yea, me too. But.....I work hard at it. Between practicing and playing live with the band, taking lesson for theory and learning songs "I" like to learn, I'm progressing. I got started late though (36 yo). 9 years later and I still can't unlock the fretboard. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Are you guilty if you spend more time looking at and talking about guitars...if you do it at work where you can't play one anyways? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 Here.

I try to play every night. But with a pregnant wife and a 4 year old sometimes it is hard. 98% of my lurking is done at work, I guess I am lucky with regards to that.
                          "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Working...
                          X