So who is willing to admit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who is willing to admit...

...that they spend more time looking at guitars, talking about guitars, buying guitar related stuff, modifying guitars, etc..., than they do actually PLAYING guitar?

I am, and I am ashamed of myself. I need some serious help. Do we have a support group? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I am making a belated new years resolution to finish up the projects I have going that can be finished easily, and then that is it for a long time. I'm going to immerse myself in playing. I should be a better guitar player than I am, and I'm going to do something about it dammit.

Who's with me?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: So who is willing to admit...

I'm totally with you!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That's me kinda. I recently been playing like there's no tomorrow, but overall my day is spent lookin at what I'd like, but then I think it would be nice to have it, but it would be nicer if I could play it like it deserves to be played. But here's to more time rockin out with our guitars! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I rarely talk about gear here...I have enough of it in my personal life...talking about is no joy...unless someone asked a question that I could answer...

I don't really care too much about the mechanics of amps and such..like Pete or John does...nor do I care to..I'm not a 'mechanic" by nature..I don't care how things work...as long as they just work.

I like to just dial up my sound..so I could articulate whatever I want to play..and that's it..

I'm here to praise Metal , Satan and my Penis...and that's it!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Considering I am a guitar tech it's my job to talk about guitars, learn about guitars, work on guitars and buy guitar related stuff. However I do take my band very seriously and I play guitar as often as I can. Which I do more depends on what I'm doing that week. If I'm on tour with another band I'd certainly spend more time working on guitars and moving guitar related stuff than actually playing guitar. On tour with another band I play about an hour a day, and work for five or six. When I am here jamming with my own band, I play about an average of four hours a day, I guess, and everything else guitar related I spend an average of two hours on. Unless of course I am working someplace on guitars not on tour, which happens often, then the numbers go once again out the window. I guess in the end I spend about the same amount of time doing both if you look at it over the course of a year or so.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            ...that they spend more time looking at guitars, talking about guitars, buying guitar related stuff, modifying guitars, etc..., than they do actually PLAYING guitar?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely in this group, with the ratio of working on/modifying/thinking about modifying to Actual Playing ratio of 3:1. I don't think a support group is the answer as it'll just take away more playing time! I just need to stop everything and just play dammit!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Me.
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Heh! Me, definitely. I haven't touched a guitar in a week, but here I am... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't feel so bad now. I just played guitar for about ten minutes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Guitars make great wall decorations. Yeah, they can be fun to play too I guess.....
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

My amp is on, does that count? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I consider myself more of a "guitar owner", than a player lately. I couldn't call myself a "collector" because I don't own anything particularly collectible. But they do look so cool all lined up in the multi-guitar rack together. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

I play a lot. I still spend more time looking at stuff than I should, but it's really not anywhere near as much time as I spend playing. I acquired a 2nd guitar Friday, and am already considering selling it or my other guitar. The only person I've ever seen play more than one guitar at once is Michael Angelo and, while that is cool, I don't want to do that!

Nothing against those with different opinions, but for me I'd rather spend my time becoming a better player than knowing about every product in existence or, worse yet, acquiring every product in existence.

Comment

Guilty as charged [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Uhhh... yeah, that would be me... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X