Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to save money on shipping guitars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to save money on shipping guitars...

thanks NOTP, Thats what drake was originally going to do however i was hoping to get it pre-university residence, so it'll have to come to my local post office (as all large objects do for us) and i'l lgo pick it up there.

Theres just no way to afford brokerage now.. i have to pay tuition, cell phone, residence fees, etc...

Comment

I just finished my research of shippers that are located in my area (thanks to the yellow pages listings) and found that FedEx Ground is the cheapest solution, and seems quick too. Apparently, the FedEx place is right at our international airport which is just 20 minutes away from my house, so maybe that might explain why it's so cheap. I don't know.

Actually, CanPar turned out to be even cheaper, but I don't know what their reputation is like, and FedEx Ground was only a couple of bucks Canadian more expensive, so I just chose that. The cheapest UPS solution was quite a bit more, as well as Purolator, Greyhound shipping, Dicom Express, and most expensive was DHL.

I think I'll sell some guitars now... dang, if only I had another week off before school, I could spend the time packing the guitars and bringing them to the airport myself... fortunately they are open on the weekends.

Comment

well i guess duty on what chuk was gonna send me is somethign ridiculous like 220$ USD o nhis end.. which is too much and i can't afford it.. so hes refunding me and i guess the white warrior pro wil be back up for sale..

nect time i'm buying IN canada. no exceptions.

Comment

Fellow Canadians don't have half the nice stuff that Americans do that I want. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm fine with paying duties and other cross-border courier-related fees if I factor those costs into the cost of the item I want to buy. With that in mind, then I go online shopping. If something is too much money after factoring in those extra fees, I decide not to purchase that item. It's an easy system.

Comment

yeah but i never realized that when chuk gave me the quote...

i would've still bought it if i had the extra money.. oh the perils of being a university student.. lol

Comment

I can sympathize with you too, brother. I'm also a poor university student. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] If I'm starving, I'd rather eat my guitars than sell them for food. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

c'mon, guys! Rants OFFF! I had to pay like 150 + 100 to get my JAckson to Vietnam and pay the duties! Lucky bastards you are!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  c'mon, guys! Rants OFFF! I had to pay like 150 + 100 to get my JAckson to Vietnam and pay the duties! Lucky bastards you are!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the trouble with shipping things internationally. I've sent DVD's over to my friend in Finland and the prices are crazy! And a DVD weighs close to nothing! I could only imagine sending a guitar... If you could save $20-$30 on a transaction I'm sure you would do the same thing!

The whole thing is that I was curious as to where people are shipping things from because the UPS Store / FedEx Store always quote me at much higher than it feels like the item should cost (even if the weight is minimal). And they'd do this with a completely straight face!

Comment

Working...
                  X