what did 9-11 do to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what did 9-11 do to you?

I first heard of it from the security guard when I arrived at work, the guard asked if I heard about the plane crash in the WTC. I was assuming a small plane or something and didn't think it was a big deal. After seeing the headlines on Yahoo and CNN I went into our broadcast room to see what I can pull down off satellite. I tuned in a few different news stations raw feeds and saw the second plane hit live. I work in a broadcast facility so I had the means to watch unedited feeds from various news sources all day long. I was horrified of what I saw over and over again. I didn't lose anyone that I personally knew that day but felt so sorry for those who did and the families of the people who lost their lives.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Re: what did 9-11 do to you?

I just happened to be at work and turned on the waiting room TV for a customer while we did diag on his truck, and saw the newscasts right after the first impact. I was also thinking that a newschopper or plane hit it. Then to see the other impact live on television was just to intense to relate.

Particularly surreal, was that a little bit later when I had to drive to another shop, I was driving on the interstate I-90 east and seeing several F-16s or F-18s flying towards me along the highway at high speed and then right over my truck at what seemed like less than two hundred feet off the ground headed towards PA. The highway which was usually packed, was empty and seeing the planes fly past with no other cars around was like cementing the fact that finally, this was war on our own shores.

Within a couple months, I was out of a good job as my industry (high performance auto transmissions) crashed, and stayed out for about a year. Luckily, it's back fairly well and I'm back to work for now.

Myself, I now have a lot of hatred, and a wish for exponential retribution....

Comment

Working...
      X