Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE READ! I need to know about stoplights!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PLEASE READ! I need to know about stoplights!!

Look, Im sorry if I got mad.

My "stupidity"? oh please.

I really wish I hadn't mentioned the fact that I am 16, because I wouldn't have gotten 2 pages of BIASED answers!
    There are just too many fathers on this board, who think they are so damn smart, and that kids are so hopelessly stupid that they cannot realize on their own that they may have killed somebody, gotten in a wreck, seriously ****ed my life, ect. You really think that all those thoughts DIDN'T race through my mind, jabbing me in the brain like needles, and that I didn't say "dammit dammit dammit dammit" the entire rest of the way home?

No, its not stupidity. It was just one mistake.

Watch my language? oh okay. So when do you get your licence to swear? 18? 21? Its seems to me that everybody here has one. Where do I get mine [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hey, when I get aggrivated, I swear.Im sorry. Thats just what I do, and I know that is a pretty common habit. You piss me off, I cuss, regardless whether you are on a message board or next to my face.

And New York Guy: Im sorry if that seemed rude, but I had to read your post 3 times before I understood what you were trying to say. You have very heavy New York dialect, and its actually a bit difficult for non-yorkers to quite get it. Its culture.

Im sorry, now that everyone hates me, for coming off as rude, but the thread was never titled, "ADULTS! COME CHEW MY ADOLESCENT ASS!"

Comment

Look, Im sorry if I got mad.

My "stupidity"? oh please.

I really wish I hadn't mentioned the fact that I am 16, because I wouldn't have gotten 2 pages of BIASED answers!
      There are just too many fathers on this board, who think they are so damn smart, and that kids are so hopelessly stupid that they cannot realize on their own that they may have killed somebody, gotten in a wreck, seriously ****ed my life, ect. You really think that all those thoughts DIDN'T race through my mind, jabbing me in the brain like needles, and that I didn't say "dammit dammit dammit dammit" the entire rest of the way home?

<font color="blue">This is a typical teenage attitude. I'm dealing with this right now with my 19 yr old. She knows it all and the rules don't apply to her. This is the same obnoxious attitude your starting to portray here, that as a kid you know more than all the adults on the board. Get over yourself and realize that part of being an adult means being responsible.. of which you were not .. end of story </font>

No, its not stupidity. It was just one mistake.

<font color="blue">You have already admitted this is not the 1st mistake. You have admitted that you are already in trouble with the courts over this issue and you did the exact same thing again. This is a dangerous thing and people are pointing it out so you don't hurt yourself or god forbid, someone else </font>

Watch my language? oh okay. So when do you get your licence to swear? 18? 21? Its seems to me that everybody here has one. Where do I get mine [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

<font color="blue">Whatever .. if that makes you more of an adult in your mind ....so be it </font>

Hey, when I get aggrivated, I swear.Im sorry. Thats just what I do, and I know that is a pretty common habit. You piss me off, I cuss, regardless whether you are on a message board or next to my face.

<font color="blue">This message board doesn't belong to you.. it's a privelege to be here not a right, just like your drivers license. Id appreciate you take it down a notch and respect that and the other people here.</font>

And New York Guy: Im sorry if that seemed rude, but I had to read your post 3 times before I understood what you were trying to say. You have very heavy New York dialect, and its actually a bit difficult for non-yorkers to quite get it. Its culture.

Im sorry, now that everyone hates me, for coming off as rude, but the thread was never titled, "ADULTS! COME CHEW MY ADOLESCENT ASS!"
      <font color="blue">A lot of the people giving you advice here are twice as old as you are or more. That means they have life experience on their side to understand the impact your mistake could have. This is something that at 16 you don't have a grasp of because you view anyone over 22 as old and stupid. Maybe if you stopped getting pissed off and understood why people view this as a major thing you would work to change it. If you can't then you really aren't mature enough to grasp why it is a big deal and hence.. not mature enough to be on the road.</font>
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

If we didn't care, we wouldn't have said anything?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

<font color="yellow"> Nonamemx </font> I would say you've learned some pretty valuable lessons here.

1. Be carefull what and how you post on the JCF
          2. The majority of the members are old enough to be your Dad
          3. A little criticism is never enough (not this time aparently)

Every time I get behind the wheel of my truck I realize I am taking my life and others into my hands.Just like a loaded gun! This helps immensly to stay focused. <font color="white">ALWAYS LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE </font>

Just think ....now whenever you see a red light you'll probably think of the <font color="red">JCF </font> [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

First ...it's for you onw good and someone elses not excluding your own loved ones..

I'm sorry I'm a caring , responsible father with his head on straight ....when I choose to be.

I'm glad your mad ...use that anger as a REMINDER that red means STOP!

OH and you stated this .."You piss me off, I cuss, regardless whether you are on a message board or next to my face.".....

Betcha ya wouldn't ... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

it's manners, not culture. along with respect. what're ya' gonna' do though, apparently i'm a throwback to the 50s.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I'm responsible...with his head on straight ....when I choose to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, that's about 2 minutes out of every day, huh, Bill? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well It's a little more than two minutes sometimes ....but your close.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    So, that's about 2 minutes out of every day, huh, Bill?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're over estimating things a bit Ron... Hehehe...

Comment

First. 16 year old kids are not mature enough to drive cars, particularly in this day and age where there about 5 billion cars on the road at any given time. And "B", Horns is the type of person that was born with about a trillion more brain cells than the average person. He has them to burn. And even at this point in his life, I bet you he could string together, at least, 5 minutes of linear thought and not even get a headache.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        First. 16 year old kids are not mature enough to drive cars, particularly in this day and age where there about 5 billion cars on the road at any given time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't stop there, there are a lot of drivers over the age of 16 that aren't mature enough. I think the majority of 16 years can handle it depending on where they live. A 16 year old in rush hour traffic on the beltway in DC is scarier than a 16 year old in Battle Creek, MI.
                        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Here comes the "Dad". I made an attempt to teach my, then, 16 year old son to drive. For some good reasons, ie. he couldn't master my '66 Mustang Fastback with a 4 speed, and just because there was no compelling need for him to have access to a car, he waited 'til he was 18 to get his license. He matured soooo much in those two years, that I could sleep while he was out and about. Of course, the first chance to get a license (16) is a right of passage. However, I think the age should be 18 unless there is a real need for someone younger to drive. We are not talking about adults who are just plain stupid. We are talking about kids, that a year earlier, were seeing how high they could jump their bike or whether they could shred a handrail. This whole thread is about a young driver who has already blown it once and thought he may have blown it again all in a matter of less than a year. I am on my "bully pulpit " now. "Ok, Dad. Are we done?" "Yes, son. Go back to your video game or play your guitar. But not too loud." [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            This whole thread is about a young driver who has already blown it once and thought he may have blown it again all in a matter of less than a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]I agree, I wish he had gotten caught. I watched this from afar and with him saying what a good driver he was and it only happened once. Well it happened twice and he tried to blame the goverment for his woes. Plus he lives here in Dallas and if he would have hit me he better have gunned it and killed me before I could get my hands on him. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

I know I am preaching to the choir. I should just shut up and play my guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

key reason i was all for expanding the age limit for people in NY to get their licenses. i think it's something around 17½ is the earliest now. odd part is, where i took Driver's Ed., the mandatory part was the classes, not the driving. Makes a whole lotta' fuckin' sense, right?

Albeit i'm well aware i'm one of the younger ones on this board and not far off within this thread, i have over 30,000k miles experience under my belt. Since last August [approx. August 24th] when i bought my own car [a black '99 Grand Am GT w/ 50,000mi] i've put on exactly 32,484mi.

I'm with you fella's though. I can't begin to tell you how many times these morons around here have "fallen asleep" behind the wheel. Fallen asleep? BAH! These goddamned prats just smoke too damn much and pass the **** out, or tend to do 4 shots, 2 beers, and then smoke two blunts and decide they're all fine 'n friggin' dandy to drive. Morons.

Napalm, chief, i can tell you right now, if this cat were in the lower NY region, i'd be singin' the same tune as you.

Comment

Working...
                              X