Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE READ! I need to know about stoplights!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE READ! I need to know about stoplights!!!

Okay, tonight I really ****ed up bad.

I was cruising home, daydreaming about motorcycles, and I just blew throught a red light (please save comments, I have already cursed myself red in the car)

I know some stop lights have "Photo enforced" lights, where they just mail you the bill.

Are ALL traffic intersections monitored? Thankfully, there were no cops around, only 1 person saw me do it (he was going the same way I was, only he stopped at the light)

Or is it just the ones with the large cameras that are monitored?

Cus Im already on probation (for running a red light 7 months ago), and I CANNOT AFFORD ANOTHER CITATION. MY LIFE IS OVER.

So please, help me and for god's sake, tell the truth, Im worried sick here, the last thing I need is somebody "just kidding" around. Im not trying to be grouchy, Im just VERY SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!

Thanks to those who can help!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Re: PLEASE READ! I need to know about stoplights!!!

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Do have them on all the lights in your area? If not I wouldn't sweat it.
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

ah thanks man. Any more opinions?

Im going back tomorrow, Im going to make sure. . .in the daytime.

Comment

Re: PLEASE READ! I need to know about stoplights!!

Did you see a flash when you went through?Some of the ones I've seen flash when they take the pic.The cameras are of a noticable size and usually encased in a box with a clear window.If you go back and don't see one then I would'nt worry a bit.

Comment

Flash? I dont think so, but I dont properly remember, thats when I realized what happened, paniced, freaked out, and slammed hard on the brakes.

I dont remember seeing one of those boxes at the intersection ( I have seen the cameras before, I know what they look like)

Im sure its not by the lights, but It was an overpass over a local tollroad freeway, some camera might have seen me, or could have been mounted to the side of the road.

The phone has not rung yet. . . .*sigh*

Bless you both for the re-assurance.

Comment

You're on probation for running a red light????
            Hell I don't know of any of those around here.... I've heard about them but never seen one.
            I wouldn't worry about it unless there are alot of those where you're at...

Comment

Yeah, Im only 16. 2 weeks after I got my licence, I screwed up the first time. I could either pay the fines, or I could have the fines dropped by being good for 6 months on probation.

But hey, I am an excellent driver, I just have some late night attention issues. . .

I have hit only 2 curbs in 7 months of driving, actually, the same curb twice, its a place by the movie theater where visibility is very short and you have to hit the gas or get hit. I park out front of my house, and I am proud of never scraping my tires along the front curb. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Im starting to feel better. But the fact that it was a freeway overpass makes me uneasy, not just some neighborhood traffic light.

Comment

When I was living in San Diego, all of the lights that had cameras were clearly labeled "PHOTO ENFORCED." I think when you are being watched like this while driving the government has to warn you. Hence, all of the "Radar Enforced," "This Area Is Monitored By Aircraft," etc. signs.

Comment

Well, I ain't gonna pat you on the back and say it's all right. IMO, you sound like a damn menace on the road. Hope you don't live around here. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Actually I hope you did get caught. Maybe you'll start paying attention while driving. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Im not looking for a ****ing pat ont he back, just if there are other ways for the government to screw up my life.

Damn menace? Great, thanks alot. That is EXACTLY what I needed to hear. I have done everything right by the law for the past 7 months, never speeding, skipping across stale yellow lights. I just ****ed up once, I was just tired and wanted to be home, Im sure you have felt that way at one point. Im on Probation, I CANNOT afford a "teach you a lesson!" right now.

Dont act like you've never ****ed up before.

Comment

Blame the government eh? Mr I don't see any smilies. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

(EDITED: see my next post)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        (please save comments, I have already cursed myself red in the car)

the last thing I need is somebody "just kidding" around. Im not trying to be grouchy, Im just VERY SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I missed that part...my bad. Ummm stoplights, huh? Don't drive through 'em when they're red? Heh, guess you know that already. If you want to know if there's a camera at that intersection, go back there (maybe on foot? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        and take a look. Or, you can call the local police dept:

nonamex: Uh, yeah, I, er, I mean, a FRIEND of mine...
                        police: (rolls eyes)
                        nonamex: am ...WAS wondering if there's a red light camera at the intersection of

etc etc [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I like dreaming..Yep..Oh man! I will beable to drive in like..a month!!!!!!!

Ox

Comment

Nonamamx, I wouldn't worry about a photo camera; if it happaned, then you have to deal because you blew through a redlight daydreaming. It would've been so easy for someone to have been coming through, seeing the green and not slowing down, then BAM! You get t-boned, injured or killed.

At 16 you probably don't really believe that can happen, but it does every day. If you don't get a ticket, consider yourself lucky.
                            If you don't realize you need to quit daydreaming while you're driving, then you are a menace.

Or does "daydreaming" mean you had a few beers
                            or some weed or something else in you? You don't need to be driving DUI, I can tell you that right now. You'll kill someone before you're through unless you're lucky, and everyone's luck runs out eventually.

If you skated, great. If not, suck it up and lose your license for awhile. Neither is the end of the world. Getting t-boned in the intersection when you run the next light COULD
                            be the end of your world.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Oh, and if you can't keep your eyes and mind on the road, you DEFINITELY don't need a motorcycle; you'll kill yourself fast daydreaming on a bike.
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X