I just received some great news....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I just received some great news....

Ticks really suck! In the '80s when I was about 15 or 16, myself and a friend went walking through a shortcut in some woods. I woke up the next day with a tick on my eyelid! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] At first I thought it was just dry blood from a pimple or something, then I freaked out when I realized what it was, and my mom just pulled it off. I think that's the only time I've ever had a tick.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just remembered the conversation between my dad and I when I learned I had lyme disease...

Lev: Hey dad, my blood test came through and apparently I have lyme disease.
      Dad: haha.. told you not to fvck around with reindeer.
      Lev: Thanks.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it at all.. I know plenty of people who have had it at some point. Unless you've had it for a while (months or years) and not known about it, you'll be fine.

Comment

Yeah, I know it will be cool. Just a lesson to prepare for before going out in the woods.

I have had larger ticks on me many times in the past. I still remember the first tick I ever had was the first spring I lived here and my cat must have brought it in and dropped it on my bed. I found it the next morning in the shower and it was attached right to my sack! I called my buddy next door and asked how to get it out and he said "I burn them off". Yeah, stupid me, I hit him and myself with a little flame. I killed him while he was still attached and ended up having to remove his dead body with tweezers. I since learned a nice set pliers grab them and take them out smoothly. So long as they have no diseases anyway.

Comment

God Bless ya, Jim, I'll say one for ya [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

this is why I shave my sack..I had ball ticks when I was 18 ...got 'em from some skank

Well Jim ...this does suck but remember it always could be worse..

Now at least you can get treatment of what has been making you sick ..hope you feel better very soon man.

Bill
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Jim, hope you feel better soon.
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Best wishes to ya Jim. Take care of yourself!!!
                1990 Jackson Professional
                1992 Dean ML
                2004 Epiphone Flying V
                2005 Epiphone Dot
                2009 Fender Stratocaster
                2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                2006 Fender P Bass
                2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                Custom Pedalboard
                ADA MP1
                ADA FX2
                Tascam 2488

Comment

look at it like this... buddy of mine was diagnosed with MS at 18, past 9 years he's thought he had it. he went to another doctor just a few weeks ago, guy evidently told him he has lyme disease, HOWEVER, the tests show that he has Lyme Disease and MS. could be worse, you got it early. smart move on trusting your gut instincts.

yeah, the antibodies make you feel like complete garbage for about a solid 4days or so here 'n there while you're on 'em, but it's for the better in the long run. fuckin' things these diseases man. best of luck to ya' boss, speed ya' ass better and once again, smart move on trustin' ya' gut. never fails.

Comment

the good news is you'll be fine in the long run...and that is good news...glad you got taken care of before it got out of control...get well soon...d.m.
                    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jim. At least you caught it early on; I hear that people who have it for months before diagnoisis basically will have problems for life. You can eradicate it since you caught it early, luckily.

Feel better soon, man!

Rich
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

<font color="green">Geez Jim, sorry to hear that.Hang in there Bro [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> it's better to be a little sicker now <font color="red"> than dead later </font>

Comment

Wow, when I lived in the country I was scared shitless of that.

Never got it to my knowledge.. even tho there was this tiem I slept for 3 days straight for no reason, and It took me 20 minutes to get up to go to the bathroom.

Best wishes man, keep us updated.

Comment

Best of luck to you man!!

ox

Comment

Working...
                            X