I just received some great news....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just received some great news....

Well, anyone who talks to me on the phone or in emails knows I have been bitching about not feeling well the past few weeks. Last week I went to a clinic (my doctor left the state and I have yet to find a replacement) to see what was up. I just got the call the results of my blood test are back and I have Lyme Disease. I only picked up ticks once about 6 weeks ago at a local junkyard. Thats where it must have happened. The doctor says I will be fine but have to undergo 3 weeks of intense antibiotic treatments that will likely make me sicker.

What fun.

Re: I just received some great news....

man, jim, i'm sorry to hear that! i hope you feel better soon!

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Man I hate ticks with a passion. Get well soon.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks man. I was told I am lucky to have caught it now as it is still treatable. That is the positive part of it all. I just can't believe I started feeling so weird so quick. I have heard of people going months without any signs (except for the infected area where the tick was).

Comment

Best of luck, Jim. Hope you recover soon. Wise to go see a doctor so early.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Bummer, dude. One of my mom's cousins got it a few years ago, but he's fine now. Good luck with everything!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

<font color="aqua"> Jeeeeeezz, Jim, I'm sorry to hear that bro. Take care and get better soon! </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Keep your chin up man and get better soon!
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Jim. Better now, when it's treatable, than later. Get well!

Comment

I had Lymes Disease also or one of the other wonderful diseases you can get from a tick.I was bitten on a Saturday and the following Friday it hit me.I felt like I had the worst hangover I ever had.I my head was killing me it actually hurt to move.I then went from extreme chills to sweating.The antibiotics are really strong , whatever you do not take on a empty stomach are you be in worse shape than you are now.I make that mistake once , as it will make you very nauseous.

Get well soon.
                    Mike
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I felt more or less like I was coming down with a heavy duty flu or something. While I was at the Philly show my buddy noticed the tick bite area had that 'bullseye' look. I never saw it as it was on the outer side of my ankle. The day I pulled that tick out I pulled 4 others off on my body and none had that look. At first I wanted to believe it was just an infection from removing the tick, and I even contemplated the illness I felt was all in my head worrying about the rash.

Comment

That sucks, dude...hope you feel better soon...damn ticks [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> </font>

Comment

That does suck. Hope you feel better quickly Jim.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jim. At least its treatable and you found out what the hell was wrong with you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I hope you get to feeling better soon.
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

That sucks, but I'm glad that you know and they're doing something about it.

Keep us posted.

When I saw the title of your thread, I thought you were going to say "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!"

Keith
                              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Working...
                              X