I'm a victim of PGDS -Pre Guitar Delivery Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I\'m a victim of PGDS -Pre Guitar Delivery Synd

<font color="yellow">Well, according to the handy-dandy FedEx tracker it is now in Charlotte (no Box, this doesn't mean that it goes to your house [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

I kinda feel bad for Mrs LPC tomorrow, as it is going to be delevered to her work address since neither one of us is at home during the day (just our trusty, mouthy, 12 pound Min-Pin-o'-Death [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Wouldn't you be afraid [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Yeah...for Big Red, I'm gonna have to get an Atomic Fruitbat coctail or recipe from him, or call up Horns for the JCF brotha hookup [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]</font>

Comment

I feel your pain Sam... I'm waiting for my Charvel USA Standard to be completed. I'm dying here!!!
      Occupy JCF

Comment

<font color="aqua">me 3...... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That dog is AWESOME!!!!
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Min-Pin 'O Death.....hahahah!!!...I'm cryin!

Comment

Today's the day!!! Even I'M excited for LPC here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hopefully his nails aren't all bitten off by now... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

<font color="yellow"> **NEWS FLASH, NEWS FLASH** READ ALL ABOUT IT....SHANNON SPOTTED IN THE BIBLE BELT BUCKLE OF THE COUNTRY **NEWS FLASH**

It's here, it's here...whoo hoo....(flopping around like Daffy Duck [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Words can't really express what I was feeling as I opened the case.

Well, let's back up a minute. The guitar was packed like a mummy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. There was a airtight plastic bag encasing the guitar case to begin with. When I opened the case (note: breathing is a good thing [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]) the guitar itself was encased in yet another plastic bag and bubble wrap around the headstock.

After Mrs LPC administered CPR and almost called 911 for me, I started to breathe normally again and could actually move to take it out of the case and take the plastic off the guitar.

The craftsmanship at initial glance is incredible [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] If there is a blemish or scratch or anything like that, I'm gonna have to look really hard. It is immaculate!

Well, being a certified guitar-hound, I ran with the Shannon down the hall, dodging Mrs LPC and the Min-Pin o' Death (I shoulda played Hockey [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) and plugged this puppy in.

WOW [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] The guitar sounds great!! The first thing I played was the beginning chords to "Wait" by White Lion and the power chords going into the verse....I was impressed....then of course after I had calmed down a bit I went into the solo from "Alone Again"....instant 80's flashback (note, during this time my LPC was looking at me like, you **** prick [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

I did a quick tweak to the Floyd to lower the action and tweaked the truss rod a little, and I have it down to about 1mm across the board and down the neck....but I'm gonna let it sit for a while to "settle" and I'll start to fine tune it tonight after work (why oh why can't it be 4:30 [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img])

Yes, I am stoked.....how much I will be on the JCF I dunno [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I will take some new pics of the "kids" this weekend and post [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Congrats!!!! Now go give Mrs. LPC the benefit of that woody your sportin after playing that bad boy!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    (note, during this time my LPC was looking at me like, you **** prick [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Congrats!!! Sounds like you love that Pearly Gates pickup. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I guess now would not be the time to tell Mr LPC that after FedEx dropped off the box, I took my lunch and brought the guitar home to him. Dragging the box behind me from the showroom to the parking lot behind the service dept, I thought about dragging it right underneath a Ram they were doing an oil change on after I saw the big spot of oil on the concrete, but decided against it....that might have given it away...

Mrs LPC

Comment

Working...
                      X