Who won the Vietnam War?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who won the Vietnam War?!

He also didn't take those who were maimed or those who committed suicide after the war into account (no pun intended).
    It's not just the US troops murdering civilians, though, the VC and NVA weren't exactly noble fellows either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
      What do they call people who over-pay for something?
      [/QB]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Paul Reed Smith players.

Comment

Originally posted by PaddoK:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
        There were 58.000 Americans that died in Vietnam
        The amount of enemy dead is 1.100.000 (NVA / VC)

That says pretty much!

They won the land, but at a very high cost.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you are forgeting that our soldiers would exterminate women and children as well as decimate towns. Did they over pay? or did we commit a veritable genocide? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Because, as we all know, the VC never did anything bad like that. In fact, nobody that's even fought against the US has ever done anything to any civilians ever. It's just the US and only the US.

Whatever.

Comment

Who won the war ?? The hippie, drop out, give peace a chance protestors. The spread of Comunisism doesn't bother me, lets just all sit around and sing John Lennon songs.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PaddoK:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:

That says pretty much!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you are forgeting that our soldiers would exterminate women and children as well as decimate towns. Did they over pay? or did we commit a veritable genocide? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Because, as we all know, the VC never did anything bad like that. In fact, nobody that's even fought against the US has ever done anything to any civilians ever. It's just the US and only the US.

Whatever.
            </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I never made any of those claims. And what ever horrible things that have happened to the soldiers of the United States in any other war is irrelevant to Vietnam War.

The Vietcong did some pretty disgusting things, and correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the VC ever came into your house and shot your sisters.

Edit- I appologize for the graphic example, I mean no offense by it, and hope that none is taken. I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I was just a little put off by you saying the VC "over payed" to keep America off its soil.

Comment

hmm..good question. vietnam won the war.

Comment

Originally posted by PaddoK:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PaddoK:

That says pretty much!

Whatever.
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I never made any of those claims. And what ever horrible things that have happened to the soldiers of the United States in any other war is irrelevant to Vietnam War.

The Vietcong did some pretty disgusting things, and correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the VC ever came into your house and shot your sisters.
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, cuz all Americans did that. You know they actually taught them to do that in base camp [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Also those 'sister' were probably VC, there were alot of female VC's. They even used children to place bombs.

Totally innocent people have gotten killed too, but those numbers are very small. And it happens in every war.

Comment

The VC strapped grenades to children and sent them into US camps, crying, knowing that a soft-hearted American GI would pick the crying child up, and when the child raised their arms, the grenades popped.

The GIs were catching grenades from the bushes in their jeeps and such, so they put screens around them. The VC put fish hooks on the grenades, and they clung to the screens.

I've heard it said that America has to fight with their mind on morality, even against the most immoral foe (i.e. "don't stoop to their level"), yet ask any housewife who's worth a damn how to keep a clean house, and she'll tell you that you have to get on your knees with a scrubber - you HAVE to get down to the level of the filth and the scum to get rid of it, otherwise it's never really gone.
                  See: Communists in Asia
                  See also: Muslim Terrorists

Russia was easy to negotiate with - they knew they couldn't take us in a fair fight, and they knew we'd nuke them if they tried to nuke us. China don't give a damn, they got population trouble as it is and need/want fewer people and more land.
                  The Muslim Radicals don't care because any death short of being decapitated or hung is a Martyr's Death, which to them is a good thing. Global Thermonuclear War is not a problem for them as it means the Martyr's go to Paradise and the Infidels go to Hell; There's no in-between, and there's no negotiation with China or Al Qaeda, and it's time we (the US) either take the same attitude or bend over and let them fuck us up the ass.
                  China threatened "severe and swift consequences" a while back if "anyone" imposed economic sanctions against them for having Nuclear Assault capabilities, and as far as I know, America ran to the negotiating bench and bent over with a fresh coat of grease on their ass and squealed like a pig for them. That's shameful. The proper response would have been the same response we always gave Russia during the Cold War: "Bring it, ***** !"

Yeah, nuclear devastation is a pain in the ass, but what's the difference between being raped and being killed? At least when you're dead, you don't deal with the far-reaching effects of the raping. If America bows to the Atomic Commie Fear today, we should all start speaking Chinese and get fitted for a Mao suit.
                  Or rather, you guys can do it if you want, but I'd be going to China to kill the fucking pinko's-in-charge and their kids, and their parents, and their neighbors, and their friends, and their shovels.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                    China threatened "severe and swift consequences" a while back if "anyone" imposed economic sanctions against them for having Nuclear Assault capabilities, and as far as I know, America ran to the negotiating bench and bent over with a fresh coat of grease on their ass and squealed like a pig for them. That's shameful. The proper response would have been the same response we always gave Russia during the Cold War: "Bring it, ***** !"
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Newc, I really hate to turn into a "History & Global Politics Ron" ( [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ), but...

Before you go on tirades like this, you really ought to check your facts, bud. You're thinking of North Korea, bro. Not China. And, in fact, China was assisting us at the negotiating table by helping put pressure on them.

Comment

N.K., China - fuck 'em all [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X