JCF-YCE dumb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF-YCE dumb question

Obviously I'm still kind of a noob here since I have no idea what this is, and its construction doesn't seem to be finished, either. Can anyone tell me what it is, and why it takes so long to finish? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: JCF-YCE dumb question

Nope. You have to learn the secret handshake first. Then we can tell you. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

heh. the page isn't updated b/c we're lazy fuckers. anyway, it stands for Jackson Charvel Forum Yearly Collector's Edition. it started with jcf-01, a replica of the namm rhoads, and there's pix of them in the gallery.

jcf 02 is close to being finished now, and is a replica of robbin crosby's big red double rhoads. this was something that started in 2002, and stopped when we killed the series. after the buyout, relations certainly improved, and the series has been resurrected. the prototype for jcf 02 is the current gotm.

jcf 03 is currently in the planning stages and info will be released when appropriate.

hope that helps,
      sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Who do I have to kill to get on the list of the privaledged few?

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
          Who do I have to kill to get on the list of the privaledged few?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bank governor? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm curious about that too. Does one get a secret handshake b/c he's a senior or ancient member, or is there other reason?

Comment

1) Generally longstanding members get priority
              2) Have to be guaranteed to be able to purchase .. no if and or buts .. have money will travel (no tire kickers)
              3) This one is real important .. can't be taking shots at admins or posting in a derogatory fashion .. (be a good member who contributes)

The people who get looked at for slots are usually guys who are here a lot and help out .. they post in a positive manner and not start trouble. It's done this way because we don't want people who are just here for a rare guitar...
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

And post-whoring - none of that [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I would say you can't be a prick, but then I'd be kicked out [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Ah well, at least I try not to be a prick towards the Admins - except when they REALLY REALLY ask for it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Basically like Kevin said:
                -Gotta be a "known" member
                -Gotta contribute positively (saying "Cool! Nice Guitar! Enjoy!") on every friggin post does not count as contributing. Neither do incessant spell-checks [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                -Gotta be able to cough up at least $2000 on-demand at any given moment during the currently running series. Since we can't reveal the price outside the Buyer's Forum, you can bet that it's going to be at least between what a brand new USA Select costs and what a brand new Custom Shop costs (anywhere from $1200-$3500 with the prices we can find at every dealer's website for various models, from Soloists to Jazz'Rs to Rhoadses to most Custom quotes).
                -You have to abide by the rules of secrecy regarding the price and the rule about not selling it for more than you paid, AND you have to sell it to an Admin-approved buyer as long as the series is alive for exactly what you paid - which means you could not sell JCF02 for more than you paid if we're working on JCF06. If the series is cancelled (again), then you can pretty much do anything you want with it, but if one ever shows up on Ebay while the series is alive, the series ends immediately, and Sully gets an all-expenses-paid trip to your house to hang you from the ceiling by the balls with a nut noose and take pics of it to show everyone here who the fuckup was.
                -And b1tching about the Elitist Objective behind a Limited-Access Edition is a sure-fire way to not be considered for a buyer slot [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:

The people who get looked at for slots are usually guys who are here a lot and help out .. they post in a positive manner and not start trouble.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am so incredibly fucked forever it's not funny. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I am so incredibly fucked forever it's not funny.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's the first thing you have posted correctly since you have been here ... [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] J/K [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

So that means that majority of members can be the part of YCE if they have money? Of course, despite the others, that post dumb things. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

So that means that majority of members can be the part of YCE if they have money? Of course, despite the others, that post dumb things
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Having money doesn't guarantee you a spot .. think of it this way ..right now we have what 3500 members and only 30 spots for YCE's. Believe it or not even to get 30 slots filled with members who had the money and are good active members was a nightmare. Sometimes a newer member got picked because he seemed genuinely interested and had the money for the project. If a long term member was consistently causing trouble on the board and had money he wouldf would be overlooked for a spot. Why would an admin who busted their ass want to give a spot to someone that makes his job harder?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                          And post-whoring - none of that [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now, now. Be nice to RacerX. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
                          [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:

I would say you can't be a prick, but then I'd be kicked out [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Ah well, at least I try not to be a prick towards the Admins - except when they REALLY REALLY ask for it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Basically like Kevin said:
                            -Gotta be a "known" member
                            -Gotta contribute positively (saying "Cool! Nice Guitar! Enjoy!") on every friggin post does not count as contributing. Neither do incessant spell-checks [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            -Gotta be able to cough up at least $2000 on-demand at any given moment during the currently running series. Since we can't reveal the price outside the Buyer's Forum, you can bet that it's going to be at least between what a brand new USA Select costs and what a brand new Custom Shop costs (anywhere from $1200-$3500 with the prices we can find at every dealer's website for various models, from Soloists to Jazz'Rs to Rhoadses to most Custom quotes).
                            -You have to abide by the rules of secrecy regarding the price and the rule about not selling it for more than you paid, AND you have to sell it to an Admin-approved buyer as long as the series is alive for exactly what you paid - which means you could not sell JCF02 for more than you paid if we're working on JCF06. If the series is cancelled (again), then you can pretty much do anything you want with it, but if one ever shows up on Ebay while the series is alive, the series ends immediately, and Sully gets an all-expenses-paid trip to your house to hang you from the ceiling by the balls with a nut noose and take pics of it to show everyone here who the fuckup was.
                            -And b1tching about the Elitist Objective behind a Limited-Access Edition is a sure-fire way to not be considered for a buyer slot [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">some of this is a bit off, mainly the resale portion. the buyer doesn't have to be admin approved, but it should be sold to a jcf member for no more than you paid for it. and yes, ebaying it while the series is alive will guarantee a noosing.

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

But then again, if the resale buyer is not approved, would you really leave it to chance that one of us buyers could accurately judge the character of an anonymous person on the internet in that they won't Ebay it if they fall on hard times because they know they'll get way more than they paid for it? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                              We need someone in authority to make that decision so if it's the wrong one we can point the finger [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X