Military Rollcall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Rollcall

There seems to be alot of former and current active duty military on this board. Who are you and what did/do you do?
    AO3(AC) Brian Honaker. The AC stands for aircrewman. My primary specialty was AO-8271 P-3 Flight Crew ordnanceman. This job no longer exist in todays Navy. I left the Navy in oct 1994. Stationed at RTC Orlando,Fl(closed), Nas Pensacola,Fl for aircrew and rescue swimmer training, FTC Millington,Tn(closed) AO A school training. Nas Moffet Field,Ca(closed) Vp 31 (Black Lightning) training squadron decommisioned 92, Vp 48 (Boomers) decommissioned 91, Vp 50 (Blue Dragaons) deployed to Adak for 6 months, decommed in 1992. Vp 47 ( Golden Swordsmen)transferred from Moffet field to NAS Barbers Point Hi(closed). Deployed to UAE,Guam, Patia Beach,Thialand, Kadena,Japan.NAS North Island,San Diego, Ca.
    I finished my career with close to 1500 flight hours. I received my Aircrew Wings, the Battle "E" award, Good Conduct medal, Sea service deployment ribbon 3 awards, Southwest Asia Service Medal, National Defense Medal, Sharpshooter Ribbon (m14), Marksman Ribbon(45cal.)
    The bases listed as closed and the suadrons listed as decommissioned were apart of Clintons cut backs. He also cut my job Ordnancemen were taken off the P-3 as flight crew members. Needless to say I don't care much for Clinton.
    For all of you jarheads on the board
    MARINE = My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Brian

Re: Military Rollcall

For all of you jarheads on the board
    MARINE = My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I resemble that remark! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Lance Corporal S. M. Ciminnisi
    3533 Tractor trailer/ heavy truck operator
    boot camp: Paris Island, South Carolina
    truck school: Camp Geiger, North Carolina

After finishing truck school, was assigned to 2nd Landing Support Btn. in French Creek, Camp Lejune, NC.

Shortly after that I volunteered for tad (temporary assigned duty) to MSSG 22 for deployment to Beirut. Enroute to there abord the USS Trenton, was diverted to Grenada. During this operation, I worked on the flight deck slinging up supplies to be flown in. A few days later we were back on track for Lebanon.

Landed in Beirut in October '83 and was there till Feb or March when we pulled US Forces out of Beirut.

Served another pump on the USS Saipan the next year.

AWARDS: Combat Action Ribbon, Navy Unit Commendation, Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment Ribbon with 1 star, Good Conduct Medal, Rifle Sharpshooter Badge. 2 letters of appreciation.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

ABE3 - Aviation Boatswain's Mate 3rd Class

BowCats, USS America CV-66 90-92 (Gulf War)

Catapults 1 & 2, flight deck crew, various duties involving the launch and recovery of aircraft.

D>

Comment

U.S. Air Force
        E-4 Sergeant
        1982-1990
        AFSC - 39150 - Maintenance Systems Analyst
        Basically the same as a statistical analyst in the real world.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

USMC
          E-4 Corporal
          1995-1999

6672-Avaiation Supply (Basically drove a forklift all day)

After BC, MCT and MOS school - Stationed at MCAS Beaufort S.C. for the rest of my contract. (3.5 years)

Now that I have graduated college, I very well may go back in on the officers side of the house.

Comment

I hope i never get drafted.

Comment

I am seriously considering something like this for my next customshop.

Comment

Originally posted by sithgt6:
                ABE3 - Aviation Boatswain's Mate 3rd Class

BowCats, USS America CV-66 90-92 (Gulf War)

Catapults 1 & 2, flight deck crew, various duties involving the launch and recovery of aircraft.

D>
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey I work with a guy - Scott Shaver - who was on the USS America in Desert Storm - you know him?

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

USMC
                  E-4 Corporal
                  88-92

Boot Camp in Paris Island
                  Infanty School in Camp Pendelton - Dragon Gunner 0351
                  Security Forces School in Camp Pendelton, Virginia. It's an old Army base in Virginia Beach
                  Security Forces at Kings Bay, GA
                  Weapons Company 1/8 one tour to the desert.
                  Headquarters S-3 (Operations) 1/8 One float to to the Gulf on the Saipan.

Awards: Combat Action, Navy Unit Commendation, Good Conduct, National Defense, South West Asia Ribbon with 3 stars, Desert Shield, Storm and I can't remember what was after Storm, Sea Service Depolyment 2 stars, Kuwaiti Liberation Medal.

Very cool guitars Zamiale!
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

SSgt(E-5) Garry Gray
                    United States Air Force 1997-present
                    started off life as a bomb loader(3 yrs)
                    now i am an Aerial Gunner (helicoptor door gunner) in a Combat Search and Rescue or CSAR unit.

Did time in texas, new mexico, washington state and florida for different schools. stationed in North Carolina, Iceland and now Arizona. feel free to ask questions.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

USMC
                      E-6 Staff Sergeant
                      1993 - present

Boot Camp in Paris Island SC
                      Marine Combat Training, Camp Geiger NC

Basic Engineer Equipment Operator's Course (1345) MCB Camp Lejeune NC

Marine Corps Journeyman Equipment School Fort Leonard Wood MO for 4 months

I spent the first couple of years at Camp Hansen, Okinawa Japan first as part of 3rd Surveilance Reconnaissance Intellegence Group (3rd SRIG) which morphed into H&S Bn III MEF. I left there in March of 96.

Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point NC from April of 96 to present. I was first assigned to MWSS-274 (Marine Wing Support Squadron 274) as a Heavy Equipment Operator. During this time, I did 2 double CAX deployments to 29 Palms California, was attached to the 26th MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) in which we had a real live NEO (Non-Combatant Evacuation) from Albania when the country collapsed and they took over some armories and then we went off to sunny Africa in the Congo region where I had my first (and hopefully last) experience with combat.

I also had deployments to Norway twice, South America, New Mexico, Arizona

In March of 2000, I had been selected to become a Career Planner (8421)...which I went to school for in Quantico Virgina and have been doing it ever since.

My first unit as a Career Planner was VMGRT-253 (a C-130 training squadron) for 2 years, then I went to VMA-223 (Harrier attack squadron) for roughly 9 months, then I went on to become the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing Career Planner for roughly a year, and presently am the NCOIC (Non Commissioned Officer in Charge)for MAG (Marine Aircraft Group)-14.

Awards: Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal x3, Joint Merritorious Unit Citation, Merritorious Unit Citation x3, Navy "E" Ribbon, Good Conduct Medal x3, National Defense Service Medal x2, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Armed Forces Service Medal, Humanitarian Service Medal, Sea Service Deployment x3, NATO Medal.

Comment

Big time thanks to every one of you who served. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

USMC
                          E-5 SGT
                          1999-PRESENT

Boot Camp at Paris Island, SC 2d BN
                          Marine Combat Training at Camp Geiger, NC

Spent my first enlistment at 8th Engineer Support Battalion Camp Lejeune, NC where I got deployed with 22d MEU. Our MEU was unique in the fact that we were one of the first to set foot in Djibouti, Africa (which is now a rather large Joint Task Force). Countries visited on the MEU were Spain, Crete, Turkey, Croatia, Bahrain, Seychelles, France, and Pakistan. After 2 yrs with the MEU I returned to 8th ESB and was lucky enough to go to Iraq right at the start of the war. First real combat experience was encountered in Iraq (don't wanna go there again but hey if you gotta do it...). After the war I decided to change jobs and go to the Career Planning field. OORAH LPC!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Since then I have been at Cherry Point, NC!

Awards: Navy Achievment Medal, Presidential Unit Citation, Meritorious Unit Citation, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Good Conduct, National Defense, Sea Service Deployment ribbon x2.

I'm in it for the long haul too by the way.

SEMPER FI

Comment

Michael Miller
                            Q-9 Lazy Bastard
                            Boot Camp: Payless 50% off sale
                            Special Forces - LB Division training: My Barcalounger
                            Ranger training: None. I'm a Stars fan.
                            Currently stationed in front of my computer in a covert mission deep in LB territory. Dr Pepper supplies running low. Must make trip to kitchen shortly to replenish.

[img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

U.S. Army E-5 Sergeant
                              19K = Tanker (old M60A3's)
                              1984-88

Comment

Working...
                              X