Saw Prince last night in Jacksonville, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saw Prince last night in Jacksonville, FL

No doubt "Little Prince" is a class act.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But let's not get carried away..

Comment

I'm with you Horns. Maybe these guys should start a campaign to get him on the next G3 tour. I know that many people wanted to see Jake, George and Warren but fuck them if we can get Prince. He can shred with that piece of shit Prince purple rain guitar. It looks like it was either carved out of Ivory soap or made by Ed Roman.

Comment

I know the the little dude plays a lot of shit ...and he has musical talent ...but to shred with the best of them...nahhhhhhhhhhhh.. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Not in my book ...if that was truly the case I'd have all his stuff..

I only have the best of the best in my collection ...James Byrd , Uli , Satch , Via , YJM , Romeo , Olaf Lenk , Magnus Carlsson , Shawn Lane , Frank Gambale , Roy Z , Santolla , Freidman , Aldrich , Gary Moore , Vinnie Moore , Jason Becker , MacAlpine , Grew Howe , Firkins , Skolnick , Paul fuckin' Gilbert , Jeff Loomis , George Lynch , Randy Rhoads , EVH , Petrucci , Andy Laroque , Zakk Wylde , Allan Holdsworth , Andre Corbin , TT Baron , Criss Oliva , Tore Otsby , Ronnie LeTekro, Blues Sarceno , Joey Tafolla , ...and much more

maybe he's good but to be amoung the best ...you have to be of this calibre .....Prince [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

But I'm glad you enjoyed the show and had a good time... [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ April 29, 2004, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

you haven't heard prince really "play" then Bill. He is borderline prodigy on that old 6 stringer. He's as good as I am drunk right now.

whooooot.

Comment

I hear tell he kicked Charlie Murphy's ass in Basketball as well.

he cooks a mean batch of pancakes too! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Back in the 80's I would hear Prince and cringe. I hated the guy with a passion. But having had his music pretty much forced upon me (damn wife)I've realized he's one of the most underated guitarist of our time. I do think he rates with the rest of those guys. He can flat out wail. He just does'nt play the same kinda music your list describes. He's a well schooled guitarist. Besides its music not a race. When Price plays his guitar its just downright tasty stuff.

On another note (pun intended) Ronnie LeTekro gets hiw own list and he's the only one on it because I dont thing anyones in his league.

Comment

speed isnt everything to the multitude of ppl that spend hard earned $$. Malmsteen is fast yeah,but i had never listened to him till i started to play guitar my self.
                i have noticed that most ppl that shred forget to listen to the music instead of jsut count off how many notes a player can hit in a given amount of time. now granted a flurry of notes is way cool but take Robin Trower's song "Bridge of sighs" pretty simple to play but with a lot of emotion in it this is a powerfull kick ass song.

i guess to me, i would class prince in the same list as the rest mentioned here like Malmsteen,EVH,RR,Hendrix,Trower and so on,cause Prince is a master of the instrument,maybe in different ways than the others,but a master still.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable:
                  I know that many people wanted to see Jake, George and Warren
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The G3 tour seems reserved for virtuoso shredder types. George maybe, the other two don't fit that description.

Comment

Guys, I kid you not, Prince is in the league of any virtuoso shredder. He is absolutely a demon on guitar. Take my word for it, I know, I was 10 feet away from him, I could see the volume knob setting on his guitar! He is not sloppy and abrasive, his work is fluid and full of speed but with taste. A fine guitarist, better than most people will ever know. Why do you think I initiated this thread? Because I was like you doubters, he's totally under-rated, I thought. Until I saw him live. He could wipe the floor with half of what we have considered the shredders, but he doesn't play in that style commonly so we don't associate him in that way.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I know he is an amazing guitarist, I don't doubt it at all. He has an interest in guitar virtuosity in general as well. It was his string pulling that got Eric Johnson signed. He saw Johnson play (Austin City Limits) as an unsigned artist, made a phone call and Johnson was signed within days. He is known to take an interest in up and coming hot new players.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper45hd:
                        they went for 65 bucks each in knoxville tn.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whoa! You're in Knoxville?

Me, too.

Do you have a band?
                        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                          Guys, I kid you not, Prince is in the league of any virtuoso shredder. He is absolutely a demon on guitar. Take my word for it, I know, I was 10 feet away from him, I could see the volume knob setting on his guitar! He is not sloppy and abrasive, his work is fluid and full of speed but with taste. A fine guitarist, better than most people will ever know. Why do you think I initiated this thread? Because I was like you doubters, he's totally under-rated, I thought. Until I saw him live. He could wipe the floor with half of what we have considered the shredders, but he doesn't play in that style commonly so we don't associate him in that way.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats cool Joe. I have only heard some of his stuff and was impressed with his moments where he did wail. Did have have any hotties up onstage with him?
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

His bass player (Ronda Smith) is hot as hell even though she used a Fender Precision. And Candy (Dulfir?) is on sax, she's ok. But he brings up the audience ladies during a medley and many of them were picked because the way they looked. There were a lot of hpoas out there for sure! 6th row tickets were $75, parking was a whopping $10, and a Coke was $3 for the equivalent of a 12 ounce can!
                            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                            Gotta get away from here.
                            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

powertube, actually i am in Madisonville. its about 1 hour from knoxville. one of those blink and ya missed it towns.
                              i am way to much of a beginner to be in a band yet but i am working hard and hope to sooner or later.

Comment

I saw Prince on TV recently playing at the rock n roll hall of fame induction. I was shocked at how well he played. The man is a very good guitar player and was ripping the solos. That being said, I wouldn't make any Yngwie comparisons here.

Comment

Working...
                                X