Live albums and Audience Participation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Live albums and Audience Participation

Box, I did the crowd surfing thing once and thought it was fun. It was in the early '90s when I saw Megadeth and Suicidal Tendencies. Another time I saw White Zombie and Gwar and somebody landed on my neck while I was all the way up front, and the barricade was in my throat for a few seconds. That sucked!!!

I'll check out the video in a little while. And COC does rule, especially their newer stuff. Though, my favorite album is Blind with Karl Agell on vocals. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
      it's because the audience audio is enhanced in the studio! it either didn't make it to tape, or it was recorded live in the studio!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [/b]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, seems a lot of bands do that. Pantera admitted to doing that on their live album, too. They made the crowd louder.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
        ...small shows rule.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">they do indeed. The Arena here in Brisbane hosts most of the metal acts that come through town, and capacity must only be a couple of thousand. The place will be pretty packed but you can still take a trip to the bar and make your way back to close to the stage.

I've been just about as close to the action as that pic when I've seen Yngwie, Vai, Megadeth, the Anthrax/Soilwork/KSE show last Saturday. A few years ago I would've been straining to these guys from the other end of a football stadium.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Well in some cases bands play in countries where english isn't the native language. I have got some friends (ok not that many) who can't speak and understand english. So if rob halford would tell them to sing along they would have a puzzled face and probably just whistling [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Of course this applies only to specific concerts. It's kinda embarassing if the bands play in england, america or other native english speaking countries.

Flo
          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Powell:
            If a band wants audience participation, pull a guitarist up on stage and hand him a guitar!!!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A la U2. They've been doing that at every show for years. It's a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
              Man it was so awesome at the last show I was at. Branden Schiepatti...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                Hale Of Gunfire.
                outta
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                  Hale Of Gunfire.
                  outta
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Did you look at that page and see that's how they spelled it? I know it's wrong and should be hail. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

BTW, where did you see "outta"? I didn't write that in any of my posts, and I don't think I've ever written that in my life.

[ April 29, 2004, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

A la U2. They've been doing that at every show for years. It's a great idea.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love U2!!!

Did you listen to the songs Ron? What'd you think?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                      BTW, where did you see "outta"? I didn't write that in any of my posts, and I don't think I've ever written that in my life.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that was in Boxcar's post, instead of "ought to"

Damn Ron, you're off your game [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Ron needs to go back to school. I iz a gud englush stoodent. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Their avatars look similar...especially near midnight! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                          X