Union rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union rant

I should quit school..To uh...help that class room thing out.. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Ox

Comment

I should quit school..To uh...help that class room thing out.. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Ox

Comment

Originally posted by A.Pulverizer:
        IBEW all the way baby. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Local 1xx here. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        Cross that line and you're a Scab!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Muuuuuuahahaha
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have been an employee of this company for 11 years. I am NOT a scab. I started in the union and left the union because it was more of a hinderance to me. For those who don't feel that way, more power to ya...
        Occupy JCF

Comment

For those of you who are pro-union, good for you. It was mentioned before about rights. Well my only response to that is "F*ck their rights". They're not considering my rights when they go on strike, why should I give a flying f*ck about theirs? I left the union because I have aspirations that are beyond union boundaries.

As far as management unionizing, I personally would never go for it, I would never go from one limiting situation for another.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

That's pretty selfish Tekky.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb:
              That's pretty selfish Tekky.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Pretty selfish of the union Deneb. They're not looking at what impact a strike might have on a company they're striking against. They're not looking at the impact of management / non-management relations that a strike might have.

Problem is, the union prevents people from seeing the bigger picture.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I fail to understand how wanting a living wage, and good benifits is bad for anyone. Maybe the non-bargaining unit personel.

You're unhappy because your cheese is getting moved, and you have to do something else. They are unhappy because there is a reason they are striking.

Either, The company is making more. The company raised the health premiums, without raising what the company pays for it (meaning making employees foot more of the bill, and the employer less), or the work load increased.

There has to be a reason. If there is NO reason what-so-ever that they went on strike, then I would agree with you.

It's people that think labor unions are stupid, that send jobs overseas. It's the same people that think Americans should be paid less.

Tekky, the world doesn't revolve around one person, there's an expression, "The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few". Many people need good paying jobs, with decent benifits. You already have yours, what's wrong with them having theirs?

I'm not out to offend you, but it seems like you're thinking in pissed off mode, not rational human being mode.

Comment

Wow the stories I could tell about unions... Bad stuff.. It is funny I have an account I call on who has had his house broken into his life thereatened Equipment on jobsites destroyed I am talking cranes and backhoes... Just insanity. The sad thing is the hardworking union guy gets screwed while all the money is being taken by the higherups. My family was a union family I never went into ironworking though
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Deneb, it's plain to see that you're not going to see my point of view. I don't feel it's worth my time educating you about it. But I will tell you that my view was based on being on both sides of the union issue.

The trash-heap has spoken... naaaaaah.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by TEKKY:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by A.Pulverizer:
                      IBEW all the way baby. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      Local 1xx here. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      Cross that line and you're a Scab!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Muuuuuuahahaha
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have been an employee of this company for 11 years. I am NOT a scab. I started in the union and left the union because it was more of a hinderance to me. For those who don't feel that way, more power to ya... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">By definition, you are a Scab [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

3 entries found for scab.
                      Main Entry: 1scab
                      Pronunciation: 'skab
                      Function: noun
                      Etymology: Middle English, of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Swedish skabbr scab; akin to Old English sceabb scab, Latin scabere to scratch -- more at SHAVE
                      1 : scabies of domestic animals
                      2 : a crust of hardened blood and serum over a wound
                      3 a : a contemptible person b (1) : a worker who refuses to join a labor union (2) : a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended (3) : a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike (4) : one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms
                      4 : any of various bacterial or fungus diseases of plants characterized by crustaceous spots; also : one of the spots

Comment

Was that definition taken from the Mirriam-Webster Local 101 edition?

OK whatever, I'm a scab. It's your opinion. I refuse to argue with either you or Deneb about it anymore.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

It's Merriam webster online.
                          Lighten up man.
                          Didn't you see the [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ???
                          I feel for you, but I saw what your outfit made last year.
                          They need to pony up and settle this IMO.

Comment

Tekky, you want me to understand, that you in management, make more than the union workers, Yes I clearly see that.

You want me to see that you have it good, and the union didn't do it for you. Yes I see that.

You refuse to see that there are people in a union that want good things for them, you don't understand that.

Now, I don't understand, why you don't want these people to have a good life. What's wrong with them wanting, money or healthcare? Oh wait, it cuts into your time, and that bothers you. Now you say the hell with your fellow American. Any other time anyone on the board says if you don't like America, love it or leave it, but you don't want these Americans to have a good life.

I've told you why they are probably striking, and you either did not read it, or you did not want to answer it.

I'm not here to argue with a JCF admin, and in no way did I argue. Everything I say is either, an opinion, or a factual observation, that I can back up. I'm not willing to face any reprecussions that could follow from going on with this conversation.

It seems, I'm pro union, because I think that I should have a living wage. You're not pro-union, because when you were union, you didn't make then, what you do now, or whatever the reason.

Hopefully you never lose your current job, and have to go to a shitty job with no rights, then maybe you'll see my side of the discussion. In retrospect, if I lose my job, or advance, I may hate the union. Cheers, and before you know it, the strike will be over.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb:
                              I'm not here to argue with a JCF admin
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This statement alone shows that you are in dire need of an education. I stepped down as an Admin about a month ago...
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Duh.... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X