Break out the old band photos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Break out the old band photos...

Hey Ken, in that second photograph everyone looks so depressed but you, holding your jacket like a pair of suspenders...Finn that guy was in SamIam?? thats rad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
      Hey Ken, in that second photograph everyone looks so depressed but you, holding your jacket like a pair of suspenders...Finn that guy was in SamIam?? thats rad!!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SamIAm are cool! I've got their Clumsy cd. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

sup
        well the first 2 are from the late 80's,a band shot and me waiting to go on stage.

and these are from a show in the VERY early 90's,

and singing the chorus to the trooper

and hey Sully...i hear that bout the eat all you want shit till your 25 [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i was 135in those pic.s and from the time i was 13 till 25 then like overnight BAMMM!!!
        the 195 i am still today at 32 [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

bah, you're still a handsome young man Dave! Have a beer bro! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I'll drink to that [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Boxcar Willie 84 /Toejam
              Yea, I went in the Navy, and James Brogan, went punk. I wouldn't cut my hair to be no punk, but the navy took care of that. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] First "Social Unrest" then "Sam I AM" plus he wrote a book about his touring tails.
              Got back in touch with him during our 20 year reunion. He was vice president of a bay area record company untill they folded.
              Finn

Comment

What was the record company called?

Comment

Cool action shots, Mosh!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                    Hey flatland, is that a model 88 with an added neck humbucker? One like it was just on ebay! Yours?

Dave->
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes ... an 88 with an added pickup, the guy I bought it from had it installed ... and no the one on E-bay wasn't mine ...

Comment

Thanks bro, was just curious [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

thanx Ron [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        that was a ptetty cool show [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        there was a killer moshpit. people flying everywhere.there were 5 bands playing that night, we went on 4th at like 10 pm. it was funny cause we had never played that town and people were wondering what kind of music we played( some guy even came up to me and asked if i had ever heard GROUND ZERO before and told him ...Dude they are fuckin heavy! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )the whole night people were just hangin out shooting pool, and sitting there casualy headbobing to the bands.....till we went on [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] then people came out of the fuckin woodwork like holy shit who the hell are these guys? it was SOOOOOO moshin it was insain [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] if you look at the second shot, it was from halfway through the set,i was moshing so much,that is fuckin sweat seeping through my jeans,,and the night i recived my name of MOSHWITZ. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        when we left the stage the crowd left. some of them even helped load speaker cabs. and shit they were so pumped,it was cool,and the headlining act was PISSED [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] .....they never let us play with them again...LOL i think i have some more shots from that show somewhere i'll look for them later.
                        MOSH ON
                        DAVE

Comment

-----------------------------------------------
                          Boxcar Willie 84
                          What was the record company called?
                          ----------------------------------------------
                          I "belive" it was called 'Mighty Spec Records'
                          James, was Manger of "Technocracy" his name is listed in the credits. The Owner of the company
                          got cancer and folded it.
                          Finn

Comment

I got some good ones. I'll get them together in a few days. That way all the humor is one shot! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I rail thin with some big ass hair! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            www.kiddhavok.com
                            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Originally posted by axtogrind:
                              Yo, WarriorX7: one of those doods looks sort of like a chick!

Keith
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's um...because...maybe...um...it IS A CHICK!!!...LOL! hahaha! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              That's my cousin who was our vocalist extrordinaire, (who my soon to be ex wife replaced later on)...If you closed your eyes listening to her..you would swear it was Pat Benetar! And the way to describe what we were doing back then was "Pat Benetar meets Iron Maiden in a dark ally"...LOL! We actually used to cover the Trooper too, although we weren't a cover band.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah...I have SamIAm's Clumsy too....great CD. Sad to hear they changed direction and lost most of their harder edge over the years though [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Yeah Ethan...actually everyone in the band BUT me was miserable...those pics were taking months before the big split, and reformation with my soon to be ex on vocals.

Comment

Working...
                                X